Big bopper and 30 June deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All the NRL props off contract in 2013 - who could we get on release before june 30?

Leeson Ah Mau, Josh Ailaomai, Mitchell Allgood, Sam Anderson, Scott Anderson, Neccrom Areaiiti, Roy Asotasi, Luke Bailey, Jack Bosden, Shannon Boyd, Kenneath Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Rodney Coates, James Cunningham, Mitchell Dodds, Keith Galloway, Mitch Garbutt, James Gavet, Jon Green, Matt Groat, Charlie Gubb, Glenn Hall, Michael Henderson, Mark Ioane, Felise Kaufusi, Leilani Latu, Justin Lemalu, Isaac Liu, Sam Lousi, Dunamis Lui, Jordan McLean, Francis Molo, Dylan Napa, Bryan Norrie, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Luke Page, Junior Palau, Ben Ross, Kem Seru, Ava Seumanufagai, Seffa Silafau, Nick Skinner, Josh Starling, Brandon Tago, Lama Tasi, Mark Taufua, Peni Terepo, Caleb Timu, Paterika Vaivai, Siosaia Vave, Shannon Wakeman, Jarrod Wallace, Dayne Weston, Michael Weyman, Brett White

Nobody we could get before June 30 will be any better than what we already have so why bother

north coast eagle said:
How does the salary cap work with Joe being out for the season? Do we get to replace him under the cap or do we need to sign someone for minimum wage so as not to go over the cap?

If you look at the Dogs mid-season recruits last year it is obvious that they must not count towards the cap.

Considering we had to shed players you would think the only way we could get a player would be if a club was willing to pick up some of their contract

The Mole has Josh Starling at Brookie by June.

Unless Nood or King retire by June they remain part of the headcount. They are part of the Salary Cap for the duration of their contract.

Go Warriors :)

I thought the Starling rumours were for next year, but sweet if they are for this year

Personally I think that whilst every team needs the odd big bopper, the more mobile big blokes like Lawrence suit the modern game better and more importantly our game better.

Getting a roll on with big charges is all well and good, but I feel that defensive line speed is just as important in yardage terms: think "attacking defense" that minimizes THEIR gains rather than hammer it back up field from deep in our half.

In that respect, Matai is a gun: brutal defense and epic yardage gains when he scoots from dummy half...

we have a ton of talent in the lower grades leave it up to tooves and selectors but do not be surprised that big George gets more time he went well last week and showed a lot of his old self

Mitch allgood played well tonight ran hard and had some mongrel about him

Pepi said:
Stromquist just killed it for Wyong against a big vulcans pack. Over 200 metres gained I am surprised we got rid of him.
Surely Ligi Sao should get a go soon.

Stromquist has been going very well, SHOCKING decision from management! This is the first time I have been back since the DISGUSTING treatment of one of our loyal and to-be future star players. But hey guess the club will learn... sooner or later and fans like me learn way to quickly to follow different sports. I just cant stand, not standing by our juniors! DISGUSTING!

TimandTom said:
Pepi said:
Stromquist just killed it for Wyong against a big vulcans pack. Over 200 metres gained I am surprised we got rid of him.

Stromquist has been going very well, SHOCKING decision from management! This is the first time I have been back since the DISGUSTING treatment of one of our loyal and to-be future star players. But hey guess the club will learn... sooner or later and fans like me learn way to quickly to follow different sports. I just cant stand, not standing by our juniors! DISGUSTING!

The only disgusting thing is your incessant love affair with Stromquist.

This is a business, not a charity. People with better rugby league nous than you and I at the club obviously decided he wasn't up to the chop. If he was surely he would by plying his trade in first grade somewhere?

This clubs management has done an outstanding job at recruiting players over the past few years.

TimandTom said:
Pepi said:

Lol just a little bit overly dramatic

I think Georgie's going allright now he's a bit more match fit. Gower got the early running in firsts so he looks to be next cab off the rank if injuries strike again. liked his work the other night--was on for 1 minute, made a huge break and got half his eyebrow ripped off....

I missed any word on King's surgery and whether it was a success and he's still a slim chance for later in year OR he's definitely out for the year OR just no news yet ???

Even if he becomes available for selection, a player his size would take quite some time to get back to match fitness after such a long absence. In reality I doubt he figures in our plans for 2013.

Hopefully if Kingy is gorn, he can give Tooves enough notice so we can fit someone else in for next year or upgrade some contracts to retain some players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6