BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE SEA EAGLES AT 3PM TODAY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE SEA EAGLES AT 3PM TODAY

The Sea Eagles will make a very big announcement on the website at 3pm.  Visit www.seaeagles.com.au after 3pm to read this very exciting news.

Something to look forward to  ;D ;D :D

The hill is gone, Mona's is coming back, Max is getting wound up, Choc is going to Melbourne

What have i missed?

sleeve sponsorship?

Whilst that is good news, i'm not expecting anything big. 
The only thing BIG would be a massive long term signing of players like Killer, Gift and Choc. 
Which, coming off the Benji deal, could be a possibility

That would be 3PM Daylight Savings Time I take it which would mean 2PM up here in QLD.

Announcing re-signings when the players are overseas doesn't sound likely.

A sleeve sponsorship shouldn't be promoted as being "BIG". It's good no doubt, but short of B Stewart's charges being randomly dropped (no chance obviously) I think it'll be anti-climactic. I'll still tune in at 3 to check it out though.

Let's not get marketing department "very big news" confused with what the normal population considers very big news. I can feel an anticlimax coming on.

Umm - not very exciting in my book

SEA EAGLES GO FREE TO AIR WEEKLY THROUGH NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH MAORI TELEVISION
Friday, 26 February 2010
The Manly Sea Eagles plan to become New Zealand’s second favourite NRL club with the help of a new partnership with New Zealand’s national indigenous broadcaster Maori Television.

In a unique partnership the popular public broadcaster will screen Sea Eagles matches on Monday nights from 9.30 p.m. to 11 p.m. using the delayed SKY TV feed.

And in a massive boost to the Sea Eagles brand in New Zealand, the network plans to commission production of a special series of 13 half hour programs featuring the inner sanctum of the Sea Eagles which will be screened prior to the match replays on Monday nights.

The announcement of the partnership between the Sea Eagles and Maori Television comes after a month of negotiations between ex Kiwi coach and new Manly CEO Graham Lowe and Maori Television CEO, Jim Mather.

Mather joined Lowe in Sydney recently for talks with NRL CEO, David Gallop, who is fully supportive of the move.

“Maori Television will always be fully supportive of the New Zealand Warriors but this direct association with the Manly Sea Eagles will revive a close bond that commenced in the 70’s and 80’s when many Kiwi players found their way to the Manly club.

“This link will perhaps open up that association again-the Sea Eagles have two current Kiwi League internationals in their side in Steve Matai and the exciting young Kieran Foran.

“We have no doubts the style of football Manly play will be attractive to our viewing audience,” Mr. Mather said.

Manly CEO Graham Lowe said the Sea Eagles were thrilled to be able to showcase Rugby League on a weekly basis throughout New Zealand via Maori Television.

“This association is wonderful for the game and has been put together with that in mind with outstanding and unselfish support from the NRL and Sky Television in New Zealand. They have entered the spirit of the venture with a refreshing attitude which can only benefit the code.

“As a proud Kiwi I am well aware of what the extra exposure will do for the game and the benefits in the future for the Manly brand commercially in New Zealand.

“We will do everything to ensure it is a successful partnership,” Mr. Lowe said.

John Fellet, CEO of SKY TV said the agreement continues the long term working relationship with SKY and Maori Television.

National Rugby League Chief Executive Mr David Gallop said that the move was a further sign of growing support for the Telstra Premiership.

“The agreement by SKY Television to license its Manly matches to Maori Television is an innovative step that shows the diversity of the support that exists for Rugby League.

“Maori Television has been a strong supporter of the game over many years and this is an important step for them and for Manly.

“It also is a reminder of the strength of Rugby League audiences in New Zealand.”

Some of the New Zealand players to have worn the maroon and white of Manly over the past 30 years include: Jock Butterfield, Adrian Shelford, James Leululai, Kylie Leuluai, Kevin Iro, Tony Iro, Joe Ropati, Matthew Ridge, Darrell Williams, Awen Guttenbeil, Mark Broadhurst, Craig Innes, Tasesa Lavea, Jeremy Smith, Matt Rua, Kieran Foran, Steve Matai and Jared Warea Hargreaves.

Pffft. On the "very big news" scale this rates a 3.5.

Good for our exposure over there, but not really sure how many people are going to religiously watch a replay of a game at 9.30 on a Monday night. It's better than nothing though I guess, so at least they are exploring some avenues.

great news if you are from NZ and watch Maori TV. Not such great news if you are the 99% or higher of Manly who are not from NZ and dont have access.

Maori Warringah is coming back..........

Hopefully it will be 1 of the first steps in being able to offer an attractive sponsorship package to some companies based over here

Is not a massive thing for our club financially, but I like the innovation in it and the intent behind it, and who knows, it may turn into something bigger and better along the line.

Who knows maybe we may become the "Wellington Sea Eagles"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8