Big 3....We have plenty more!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Its common knowledge Storm have the big 3 in Smith,Cronk & Slater.
Sure they are star players but it limits them in a sense because if they are well contained & dont fire the team dissolves.
Fact is Manly dont rely on just 3 players, more a team effort & have dangermen all over the park.
We can call Snake, Lyon & Choc our big 3 but then Stevie M , T Rex , Taufua, DCE or Foz are all gamebreakers also.
Feeling more comfortable with this game as it edges closer with the worst component we face, the fact its played in Melbourne.
The Storm big 3 are evident but who do you rate our big 3 in tonights clash considering our options are far less obvious??
I go DCE, T REx & Matai.

Mk i'm seriously finding it difficult to find a big 3 we have so many strike players to cause problems tonight i don't know where to begin.I'd go glen,jamie,dce but how do you leave out brett.

Good thread! I thought the same thing we have to many game breakers.

My opinion is, our best is to good for them and any side really. Play close to that and we win !

Its to hard to just pin a certain 3 from our team , I have a feeling though Foz is fired up and he will be in T Rex's ear massive so I think we could see some fire out on that side.

I think B Stewart, DCE and Killer are our "big 3" if you have to narrow it down to 3.

But if they focus on those 3 then Foz, Matai, T-Rex, G Stewart and Choc will run riot. Any of them could be part of our "big 3" as well.

And I haven't even mentioned Matty Ballin yet... Kite can be a gamebreaker too (with his 5/8 skills and all haha...), as can Jorge T (even from the wing).

I love this team! :)

Agree with these sentiments. I think that quite often when the media bring up the "big three".

We are certainly very blessed with a riches of core talent.
Even our second tier players would be considered first options at other clubs.

We've got the Big 3 in our backrow let alone the the rest of the team. If the boys are patient tonight we should have way too much strike power for them to contain.

The truth is we have more weapons than them. The key is using them all effectively in the right situations and to keep the Storm guessing. Defensively we have been pretty solid and if we can contain their Big 3 we will position ourselves in a good position to win. The scary thing about this Manly team is we
haven't played our best football yet. If we play close to our best we can win it all and at our best we are the best team in the comp due to the weapons we posess. Forget a Big 3 we have a Big 13 lol. We bring our A game we win. We bring our B or C game we probably don't win.

On paper we should win this easily.

BUT that's paper and in reality I reckon it will largely come down to the Refs, in these ways

1) What they do with the usual Storm wrestling tactics
2) What they do with any BOD video decisions

The Storm are the best in the business at slowing down the plays, if they are allowed to do that unmitigated we'll have a very tough time.

AND I feel that the Refs will be under huge pressure tonight ater last weekend, and any BOD decisions that would have been given a week ago will be flat out denied, so we will need to be scoring trys that do NOT need to go to the Video Ref!!

Much is made of the crowd, well let me tell you in Townsville about 2 months ago there was about 3 Manly fans.....even the MWTS (who had ventured to Perth the previous weekend) were largely absent.

We still won!!

And I assure you all you will be a little surprised at how many and how vocal our small contingent will be tonight, the MWTS will be doing you all proud!!

Manly by 8

My take on the refs is that there are 3 groups of people who have an equal amount of influence on each game:
1. Us
2. Them
3. The refs.

It shouldn't be like this but we all have to live with it because Billy Harrigan wants the refs to be the centre of attention.

At the end of the day, we will need to be good enough to overcome both them and the refs if we are going to win tonight.

The good news is that I think we are good enough.

I had a dream last night of Matai busting through from 50 out to score the try that seals the match. I think it was a wet dream.

Garts, your dream was sort of correct but it was someone running round and going 50 against Stevie! lol

THe big 3 is better than our "superstar" 12. Glenn, DCE, Matai, Choc, T-Rex, Keiran (absolutely useless tonight) Good old Joe on minimum contract killed them! Gus told our props basically how he rates them. Now boys, get down there and actually get stuck in.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2