Beware when travelling to Suncorp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I was a member of the Screaming Eagles group that went to Suncorp for Manly’s thrashing of Brisbane. It was a great trip. But an unexpectedly costly one. Having hired a car at Brisbane Airport. I:
1. got fined $85 for parking near Suncorp, apparently within what they call the Lang Park Traffic Area. There were no parking signs where I parked, which is why I thought I was allowed. Apparently they expect ‘foreigners’ to have read The Glovebox Guide to Parking in Brisbane, yet there was no such booklet in my car.
2. Today I get a fine of $25.17 for apparently using a toll way. The toll was $3.85 (which I’ve told them I’ll gladly pay) but they whacked on a $21.32 administration charge which I’m fighting. There is no provision for paying tolls in cash up there. Apparently you can use you NSW e-tag... something I didn’t know, nor was I warned about these toll way rules by my hire car firm.
It’s a precautionary tale. If you are going to Suncorp don’t drive. And just another warning about the predatory nature of Queenslanders.

Inconsiderate hacks.

They really should have special rules for us Manly fans.

eagles2win said:
Question did you have the game day ticket?

You could have caught the train to the game free of charge if you did

Yes. I was on Mark's package. But I stayed a couple of extra days with my sister at Surfers, so I had to drive.

Meh when driving through Birsbane unless you are careful you always end up in the Clem7 etc. You would have known you went through a toll way the signs are everywhere.

You can't pay cash so you always just ring up with the rego number or do it online. They are good about not fining you too.

I rang up to pay one yesterday to find I had forgotten to pay one back on the 31st of May, instead of fining me all the admin costs etc they just let me pay the original toll value

I drank alot that friday night. stayed close to caxton st. used planes and trains but no automobiles for transportation.

And don't forget you will also have to pay the flood levy to cover for the fact that Queensland couldn't be bothered insuring their public assets.

So let me get this right

You left a 2 bedroom flat ( i mean car) with a built in outhouse( boot) full of good times ( petrol) within walking distance of the footy and you were concerned over paying a few fines

No wonder people have to pee where they sit

I got a fine the other day from the week before the Titans game at Skilled.
We spent a few days up at Mooloolabah before driving down to Surfers and catching up with Vid & crew on the Monday night.
I knew about the Tolls so when i got into Surfers i rang the number and paid on my CC as they had told me i had to do. It was bugger all.....6 or 8 bucks.
I didn't have a pen to record the Reciept no. but i thought.....ah it'll be right.................guess what $40 charged straight to my card. They haven't got a record of me paying it. No wonder i fcuking hate Qld's

Brookvale said:
I drank alot that friday night. stayed close to caxton st. used planes and trains but no automobiles for transportation.
Train is the way to go - straight from the airport to the city - so easy. Quite a few At the Caxton before and after before staggering off up the road for kebab. Had a great time and will definitely do round 26 :)

Mybludog said:
We spent a few days up at Mooloolabah before driving down to Surfers and catching up with Vid & crew on the Monday night.
I knew about the Tolls so when i got into Surfers i rang the number and paid on my CC as they had told me i had to do. It was bugger all.....6 or 8 bucks.
I didn't have a pen to record the Reciept no. but i thought.....ah it'll be right.................guess what $40 charged straight to my card. They haven't got a record of me paying it. No wonder i fcuking hate Qld's

Not a problem when it appears on your CC statement, you will be able to give them the reference number.

The Who said:
1. got fined $85 for parking near Suncorp, apparently within what they call the Lang Park Traffic Area. There were no parking signs where I parked, which is why I thought I was allowed. Apparently they expect ‘foreigners’ to have read The Glovebox Guide to Parking in Brisbane, yet there was no such booklet in my car.

Bummer. I bet at the time you felt pretty clever as a "foreigner" getting a spot so close to the ground. Touch of the old "if it is too good to be true......."

My favourite moment in QLD was as follows

I was out in Beaudesert with a friend who lived at a ****hole place in the middle of nowhere,this place had a general store and a 5 star motel.....top level golf course and a ****ing skydiving range....Anyways

This bloke is riding his harley,his bitch on the back whos holding a baby no more than a few months old

This cop sees them,power assisted uturn to catch up to this moron whos going down the road and he pulls over about 5 metres from where im standing,im looking on in horror that someone could be so stupid and this ****er,who is obviously trying to plead his case before the cop writes the much deserved ticket....this inbred **** looks at the cop and says " Yeah its alright mate,i live here"

So im left in a giggling fit,every ****up for the next few weeks was "Yeah its alright,i live here"

So this inbred **** who pretty much tells us alot about every born and bred queenslander has given me a rare insight

If you live in a place,obviously you can do whatever the **** you want up to and including risking the life of your/your bitches kid

Perhaps Choc and Seu Seu should have used this defense as it left the cop who was told such things speechless

Rookie. With most luxury cars you hire you get free tolls. Last time i went to brisbane i hired a 2 door Mercedes sports car. If you're gonna pay $80 a day for a Nissan Tiida you may as well spend $150 and get the perks that come with it!

Mybludog said:

When I rang up the other day to pay my toll, they had mysteriously forgotten to charge me for one that I know I had paid, I keep the receipt numbers in a book, and read it out to him with the date and the person I spoke to. Basically the person mustn't have actually processed it or their system is screwed, the receipt number was not found.

Anyway there was no fine and I just paid it so no harm no foul but I think some of the backpackers they hire they just pretend to put it through, which is why paying online is better

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6