Beware the undertaker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I see there is some scuttlebutt being put about by Warren Kennaugh, Deputy Chairman of the Football Club, opposing the appointment of Max Delmege and Scott Penn as Directors of the football club.

It's pretty poor form to make some accusations against these two men who have poured millions into the club without a skerrick of evidence being put up.

And lest we have any doubt that this is a power play by the old regime of muddle-headed football "brains", please note who people are being asked to entrust their proxy vote - Mr Philip Dean.

A man who will be remembered by those with any small modicum of memory for not always acting in the club's best interests. Suffice to say he made (or was given?) a very quick exit when the club was put into stable hands.

You've been warned. :naughty:

What I ask of Pete is - would he rather the future of the club in the hands of Delmege/Penn, or Philip Dean!

I wish Penn or Delmege would come out and make a Statement regarding this Issue , Its doing my head in

What I ask of Pete is - would he rather the future of the club in the hands of Delmege/Penn, or Philip Dean!

The issues are difficult, Dean is supporting Manly staying at Manly, by your own admission Penns will move the club to protect their investment if a Brookie is not redeveloped.

By following Dean we will continue as Manly, by following the Penns we may well relocate and lose our history, heritage and most importantly our identity. Somethings are worth fighting for, money is one, but our our history & identity are more important, you have shown your colours and shown that profits are more important to you.

What staggers me here is that in our very recent history something not dissimilar occurred and I have not read 1 post over the years that thought the NE was a good idea. In fact many people do not even count those years as being Manly and they are simply a blank page for 3 years. Even the statisticians of the NRL do not acknowledge those yearsas being Manly with players appearances, try's etc not being acknowledged by the official body as being achieved as playing for Manly.

As Pete is trying to draw some nefarious (and false) link between me and the Penn family, here's a few questions for Pete:

1. Are you on friendly/speaking terms with Philip Dean?

2. Are you aware of the events surrounding Mr Dean's rather hasty exit as a Director?

1, Other than exchanging pleasantries at Brookvale on game day (which I think was once last year) the answer is no.

2 Yes

Why do you turn discussion or debate into a personal attack. I can live with the fact that you have an opposing view but when someone does not agree with you stoop to using insults so to belittle the opinions of others. I am confident the raeaders of these pages can make up their own minds without you adding insults to those that are of a differing opinion.

So now that I have answered your question in relation to Philip Dean I would think that it only fair that you detail your relationship with the Penns'.

Look I don't want the club to move. I want Manly as Manly and in Manly now and forever, however we jsut can't survive at Brookie oval unless it is upgraded, that is plain and simple

If Brookvale Oval was deemed unfit for NRL matches I would like to think we could play out of the SFS under the Manly banner, however we all know how Manly fans travel. Moving to the Central Coast would be the last resort.

There is no way I would be keen for Manly to leave the Northern Beaches. Our club is synonomous with the district and we need to recognise that and make every effort to stay where we are.

Many of you will remember the debate around the time that Max took on part ownership, later to be followed by the Penns.

Guarantees were given to supporters/members around that time that must be honoured.

What this debate recognises is that there are varying perspectives between support for the club, investment in the club and planning for its long term future. Merger is not being talked about (phew) but simply different

In the end this dispute is about different groups who have particular stakes in the club and hopefully have its best interests at heart. It should be solved democratically but of course what would be good is more information for members to make up their minds. (I am not a member at the moment so it is not relevant to me - I didn't renew this year!)

Why do you turn discussion or debate into a personal attack.

You were the one trying to allege I was on the payroll of the Penns.

For the record I have not received one brass cent of payment from the Penn family, the Delmege family or anyone else associated with Manly.

My advice for any football club member is to not sign the Proxy until unless both sides of the story is heard.

What are penns/delmege motives - I don't know
Is kenaught's allegations based upon fact - I don't know

Unless you know get down to the AGM and find out for yourself, then you can vote with confidence.

[quote author=Corso_Pete]
Why do you turn discussion or debate into a personal attack.

You were the one trying to allege I was on the payroll of the Penns.

For the record I have not received one brass cent of payment from the Penn family, the Delmege family or anyone else associated with Manly.

[/quote]

Never once did I suggest that you received payment in the form of money from either party. I did however accuse you of being a lobbyist for one of or both the families involved. If that is not that case then that comment is unreservedly withdrawn.

If you can say "with hand on heart" that you have not actively lobbied for the aforementioned families then I will accept you at your word on that.

It will be an interesting meeting on Monday night.

Hand on heart I am not a lobbyist for the Penn or Delmege families and I have not recieved any correspondence on this issue from either. I have not heard from anyone in the Penn family since the night of the Grand Final.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4