Beware Manly's New Bruise Brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
image.jpeg

Taupau says he's psyched to pull off huge hits with his hero Steve Matai.

By Joel Gould (RLW 18-2-16)

Thanks for the hits and memories, Steve. Now let's make some of our own at the Sea Eagles together.
That's how new Manly recruit Martin Taupau views his partnership with one of his all-time heroes, Steve Matai.
Both men share Samoan heritage and play the game like warriors- ferocious and with no quarter given.
And now that Taupau's playing alongside Matai, he's inspired to bring even more hurt to the opposition than he did at the Tigers.
"Steve has been a huge influence and a massive contributor to our Samoan community," Taupau says.
"There are similarities in the way we play. Steve isn't the biggest player on the field, but he puts on the hardest hits."
"I'm not going to change the way I play either, and that's why I'm looking forward to playing alongside him. Steve's one of those players who'll never let you down on the field. There's so much respect for him."
"He's been through injuries and a lot of things have been thrown at him, but he just rolls with the punches."
Released from the final year of his Wests Tigers contract to join Manly on a four-year deal last October, the 26 year-old man mountain has copped some stick from Tiger's fans, but refuses to bite.
"I'm not the only one that cops it but it just comes with the territory," Taupau says. "I understand it, but if you buy into it then it just brings you down."
The Kiwi international forward joins a host of other new signings, including Nate Myles, Lewis Brown, Matt Parcell, Darcy Lussick and Dylan Walker, at a club that has splashed the cash in a bid to return to finals football.
It's a Manly trait of demanding success rather than hoping for it that attracted Taupau.
"That was Manly's motive for recruiting those players and the club has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to do that," he says.
"I haven't been here long but I'm really loving how things are run at Manly ... Just being in that environment and playing alongside of the calibre of players that we have like Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart and Steve Matai."
"They've won Grand Finals, and I never thought I'd get the opportunity to play alongside players of that calibre."

Last edited:
Its like two tough warriors saying get the f... out of our road or suffer. Both of them screaming " get out of the way ".

I'm looking at it thinking there's some poor bastards head underneath those two!....who says they get paid too much.

"They've won Grand Finals, and I never thought I'd get the opportunity to play alongside players of that calibre."

Glowing endorsement of the Tigers roster there ! Hahahahaha

Glowing endorsement of the Tigers roster there ! Hahahahaha

In all honestly who have the tigers got with the calibre of Snake, Matai or Lyon? Marty left the tigers to win something unlike others that do it for their family. Can't wait for the season to start :)

Lets also not forget that skivvy has also been mentoring another brute force in jorge the last couple of seasons.

If all 3 ran at me id be very scared.

Yep lets bring it on . Lads and ladies ill be going to manly league's for a couple of coldy s around 430 pm on game day for anyone thats keen to catch up before heading to brooky.

I have so much wood right now.
You might be able to flog it on ebay.....ohh...ohhhhhh 'wood'... wait, don't flog it on ebay that would be sick ...think of the children....oh crap, no don't think of that.... somebody make me stop

In all honestly who have the tigers got with the calibre of Snake, Matai or Lyon? Marty left the tigers to win something unlike others that do it for their family. Can't wait for the season to start :)

Foz left for the opportunity to win a spoon. He must be thrilled to be surrounded by players who have done it so many times before. He never thought he'd have the opportunity to be surrounded by such mediocrity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8