Betting Story / Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Betting Story

Love the end of the SMH story about Perry getting abused and taking it to the NRL: "The NRL does not propose to take the matter any further,"

Way to help, NRL.

Paul Kent on Triple M with Greenturd calling for life bans for anyone who has had a bet, even if it is a $5 first try scorer.

What a load of ****, it's a $5 bet who gives a toss

$5 or $500, rules are rules. Everyone has to make choices in life, one of those choices for a pro footballer is.......

HappilyManly said:
Greenturd's hystrionics are a blight on our game :mad:

He was actually pretty measured when Kent was trying to stir him up (saying They need to be consistent rather than handing out excessive penalties )

Sunday Footy Show was reporting that the 8 Players are not actually at NRL level.

So the headlines, yet again, besmirched every NRL Player in the eyes of the general public :dodgy:

NRL head of football Todd Greenberg has indicated the game’s governing body may name and shame any players and officials found guilty of betting on matches.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/betting-culprits-will-be-exposed-seven-players-caught/story-fnca0von-1226971388115

....so I guess turd turgburglar has done an investigation, found no doggiez mate players are involved and so is now happy to name and shame.

The irony of what he goes on about in the wake of his 'exoneration' with regards to the tandy tragedy is amazing.

edit: that said....you have to be a complete doofus to be an nrl player and make a bet.

HappilyManly said:
Sunday Footy Show was reporting that the 8 Players are not actually at NRL level.

So the headlines, yet again, besmirched every NRL Player in the eyes of the general public :dodgy:

And I just wanted to champion the word ''besmirched'' here, too.

If my old mate @Alan can highlight ''dagnabbit'' (quite rightly), I'd like to celebrate ''besmirched''!

Obviously unpleasant for anyone besmirched, but it's a beaut little word I say!

I'd bet it's underused too.

RiverEagle said:
HappilyManly said:

And I just wanted to champion the word ''besmirched'' here, too.

If my old mate @Alan can highlight ''dagnabbit'' (quite rightly), I'd like to celebrate ''besmirched''!

Obviously unpleasant for anyone besmirched, but it's a beaut little word I say!

I'd bet it's underused too.

Better than bemoosed, dagnabbit!

No I'd rather be be-moosed (bemused) than besmirched mate!

And it does happen a bit more frequently that way, too.

Though some will be un-amoosed with this patter!

Well now that you have successfully Red Herringed this thread @Rivereagle, I feel free to voice my concern at the ominous silence from the Mozzie household since our win Friday.

That's a moot point too, old mate.

If Mrs.Moz took our advice and took off for the weekend, perhaps @mozgrame was merely left to fend for, and a-moose himself?!

Either way I'd wager moz was over the moose with the win!

@Alan, you and @RiverEagle need to take a cold shower, lie down, take a Bex, and have a good look at yourselves.

Ps. Not together, and looking at yourself is a phrase not an instruction.

(You see what I did there?) lol

The weekend was almost too much for me. The win on Friday, the Capra's thrilling victory over the Bears on Saturday..........

I am reporting back for duty now though. :) What have I missed??

Ah huh! @mozgrame

You have attempted a massive dummy and inserted your own red herring here; AND one from @Alan's very own playbook!

Poor form Moz; pull your socks up mate.

And you missed our celebration of a great win, us having our way with the Rorters trolls, and the naming and shaming of the NRL rogues' gallery.

Not a lot, but this MIA pattern has not gone unnoticed.

This should not be an issue for Manly.

It's not like we're betting for us to lose.

If any, we're betting on beating the opposition.

That should be good incentive enough to play well.

Alan said:
Well now that you have successfully Red Herringed this thread @Rivereagle, I feel free to voice my concern at the ominous silence from the Mozzie household since our win Friday.

Have you noticed old mate, @mozgrame comes and goes like a thief in the night, empties both barrels and then skulks off to who knows where?

I wouldn't mind betting he has an alias or two; and while we're at it, you never see him and Mrs.Moz in the same room together!

We should rename him Mrs.Doubtfire, forthwith!

RiverEagle said:
Alan said:

Have you noticed old mate, @mozgrame comes and goes like a thief in the night, empties both barrels and then skulks off to who knows where?

I wouldn't mind betting he has an alias or two; and while we're at it, you never see him and Mrs.Moz in the same room together!

We should rename him Mrs.Doubtfire, forthwith!

Well done @RiverEagle! That's getting close to humour. Not quite there but keep practicing mate! :p

Unfortunately...or fortunately, depending on how you view it, I am not a man of leisure. I have several businesses to run, and an actual life away from this site.

I have to leave the trolls in the capable hands of my fellow members, as I have enough to deal with keeping our own fans in line (no thanks to any of you so called mates that fail to back me up ever). My one true hope is that none of my Manly Brothers or Sisters take my jibes seriously. I feel I should PM everyone now and then to make sure I haven't offended anyone whilst enjoying myself.

In the coming weeks I shall divulge a picture of the beautiful Mrs Mozgrame and I think you'll agree that spending time with her outweighs spending time on here.

Until then, my esteemed friend, may I suggest that you monitor @GlobalEagle for comedy tips. He is a master of comedic talent and is miles ahead of anyone here. Barring @Bones, of course.

Fair play too @mozgrame

I was certainly only going for tongue-in-cheek mate.

I saw the exchanges here and there and have just posted in support of you.

Others here have ''other'' lives and outside interests, including me of course.
I think we handled the Rorter trolls collectively very well!

Sorry if you felt my banter with my best mate @Alan was anything more than cheeky mate.

I shall indeed keep working on my skills there; and whole-heartedly agree re: global and bones.

RiverEagle said:
Fair play too @mozgrame

I was certainly only going for tongue-in-cheek mate.

I saw the exchanges here and there and have just posted in support of you.

Others here have ''other'' lives and outside interests, including me of course.
I think we handled the Rorter trolls collectively very well!

Sorry if you felt my banter with my best mate @Alan was anything more than cheeky mate.

I shall indeed keep working on my skills there; and whole-heartedly agree re: global and bones.

Hahaha! Not to worry old mate. To coin a phrase, I'm simply "Pulling a Carney" or taking the piss. :D

Please feel free to continue the banter, it can be a highlight of otherwise quite boring days on here. Just keep in mind....98% of what I post is tongue in cheek, so don't feel you have upset me at all. I love it!! This site needs more of it in my opinion :)

You and Alan are a great source of amusement, as are most on here. Kudos to all Manly supporters!!

Keep up the good work Brother!!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7