Better transport options to SFS (Moore Park) - from Northern Beaches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
I really think the NRL and the State Government needs to run major event buses from the Northern Beaches (when a Manly Semi is on) along Pittwater Road direct to the SFS /Moore Park area (like they do for Homebush on their major sporting events day/ or nights).

Getting a … bus / ferry / bus … or a bus / train / bus options … is quite ridiculous to travel to SFS and is not direct/time consuming and expensive (really is part of Sydney’s major flaw in public transport options for people in Sydney, especially from the Northern Beaches !).

If they ran major buses starting from Mona Vale along Pittwatter Rd to (say) to Manly Vale and then express to the ground then this is something they should do?? .. and being part of the ticket price?

They have never ever run special buses ever to Moore Park directly from the peninsula - population 300,000+ (for major sporting events)?

Also if the club sold their bus tickets (like Adults prices $10 return) they would fill more buses from Manly Leagues Club (and make the process easier in getting people to the ground than watching live on TV). We need to do more as live TV of games will take more and more people away if it does not become streamline in our messed up city with transport. Brisbane and other cities do it much better.

Anyone agree?

They were running shuttles from Central I think. L90's terminate there.

It's just another excuse. You don't need a passport to get accross the bridge like most people think. The thing that pisses me off is that it's just as far from Brookvale to Newport as it is from Brookvale to the city but people up here have it in their heads that one is local & one is too far.

I have no sympathy for people who can't be bothered.

Duff is 100% correct.

30 - 60 mins on an L90 from most of the Northern Beaches, then 10 - 15 mins on shuttle bus from Central. All up approx $15 return.

I live at Randwick, fairly close to the SFS. It takes two buses only to get from Brookie to the SFS. Even one bus and a twenty minute walk would get you there. No need for trains or ferries. Get off the L90 at Wynyard, walk two streets over Martin Place and catch the 373 which goes directly past the SFS.

There were buses to the Stadium from Circular Quay. It was a return trip at a reasonable price. There were also buses from Central but sadly there were 30 buses when I got there but hardly anyone catching them.

100% agree Duff.

The issue this week should not have been public transport. The only excuse I could partially accept is the 830pm start. That's for families only though. Everyone else had no excuse. The seats that were all sold were the CAT 1 seats. The cheap seats were all empty. Therefore, price isn't a reason to not turn up. The stadium seats are mostly covered and you can all wear jumpers. Therefore, weather isn't a problem.

If people were boycotting they might as well throw their jersey to someone that actually cares about the team. If that was your reason last Saturday I don't want to know you.

Anyone that can make it (and I know it is a work day and there are fans outside Sydney, I will say this: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU!!) better be there in 2 weeks. I for one will be pissed off if once again we get 15000 odd and then get 60,000 to the GF. You have all heard my bandwagon rants, I am being proven correct...again.

As what is happening on the field with the boys, the proof is in the pudding.

If its a Broncos game, we have to be there to end Lockyer's career. If its the Dragons we need all the voices we can get because the Dragons travel...and boy do they travel. Get off your arses and do something for the team for a change, not yourselves.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4