1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bet the press conference is cancelled

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Supernintendo Chalmers, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    Go on, announce Toovey's sacking after that... I dare you!

• Winner Winner x 7
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Eat **** you filth ridden turds

Red faced Phil Slothfield imitating pricks

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    It will happen and that might be a good thing. Just as the team's form improved after the DCE and Foran issues were finally sorted, this might actually lift a huge weight off their shoulders. That was a great effort today, Johnson's injury and subsequent impact on NZ's game notwithstanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    The decision has been made, nothing will change that and I love how Toovey got support from the team today, and its really important now that we finish as high as we can this season

5. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    Yeah let's flip flop depending on the results.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  6. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,648 / 74
    Classic, nailed it

7. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    If they run the press conference announcing Toovey's sacking after that, I will be convinced this whole poor season has been manufactured.
    Coming of the most satisfying (and somewhat surprising) game of the year, and leading into the biggest game of the year against the #1 team in the NRL, this team needs to focus on having a confident and interruption free week of training to give themselves a chance of getting a win.
    Any more interruptions is just suicide. I know someone above would say this is closure, I completely disagree, everyone and their dog know Toovey will not be coach next year, we have already adjusted to that reality. We do not need to hear this **** in a press conference next week.
    Let the team focus 100% on football this week and build some confidence - Cmon Manly management FFS leave them alone!.
    NYEagle

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Oh look, your tin foil hat is falling off!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    of course its all done, but if as suggested they're leaving toovey in charge for the rest of the season, to welcome everyone back home with the rumoured announcement / press conference after that effort would just be stupid (though not at all surprising).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    They will probably sack Toovey, read out the names of all the players who will be sacked (including Jamie Lyon), outline a plan to play more games away from Brookie, rename the Fulton Menzies stand the Penn stand and change our colours to purple and yellow.