Best wishes Jayden

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Took guts to play on but geez I wish they had've taken him off and shuffled Hiku to hooker and Blair on.

Best wishes. Has there been any news on the kid? What a tough little effer. You could see him in absolute pain but he wasn't stopping.

Also what's the options for hooker now?

Napper said:
Yeah poor guy. I don't know why he wasn't taken off. He was obviously in alot of pain.

In the first half he tackled Inglis and head connected with hip. No malice from Inglis and Hodges didn't really have his head in the wrong place, it was just one of those things unfortunately. He stayed down for a bit, got back up and played on, went down a couple of more times and didn't come back for the second half.

I hope he's ok, as much for his own sake as for the teams.

I have to admit, I was concerned that we didn't take him off immediately. He showed real guts to stick it out for the half, but his long term health is more important that winning a football game. I love this young bloke for his toughness and resoluteness. What a champion in the making.

I certainly agree we should take no chances with neck-issues.

I'm quietly confident Donny is experienced enough to make the right call, on the spot out there when he talks to one of our wounded, and assesses any injury.

(And just as an aside...Who IS our Dr. on the sidelines and in the sheds??)

Jayden again showed solid skills, that consistent nip at dummy-half and around he ruck (and all whilst playing through pain as we all saw).

I'd assume most saw just how much difference it makes when Matty B isn't there though, too.
Especially his defence around the ruck.

The step-up from NSW Cup is a big one, but Jayden shows real signs of promise; and he's only 20. (In fact he turns 21 on October 9th!) OK, right now we're very much "roughies" to win the comp this year as a 21st birthday present for him; AND Jayden's health is the number one concern.

All being well I'd like to see how he develops with Us, and in 2 or 3 years he could well be just fine as Matty's successor (along with Michael Stig would be ideal).

I would like him to bulk up a bit. Again Donny's the go-to man for that (including the exact neck-and-shoulder strengthening to help Jayden there, too).

We're all thinking of you Jayden; and all the best.

*Just adding my best wishes as well. Very relieved to hear and see it wasn't worse.

What a courageous performance by jayden. That was one highlight of last night. He was obviously injured but played on, didn't shirk hard work, kept tackling. Get well soon mate that was a manly performance.

Best wishes from me as well. He has been terrific and has a great future with us. Love his toughness and determination.

With Jayden on the bench and Buhrer able to play in the back row for 80 minutes we will have some real variety next year.

Jayden you were one of the few players out there who played the house down and wanted to be out there. That was very courageous of you last night and that took heart to keep playing even though you were badly injured.

Best wishes from me, with a full off season you will be better for the run next year.

Yeah, good post. All the best to the young guy, he certainly has ticker and didn't want to let his mates down. Hope he recovers quickly and it's nothing too serious.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Just saw this on the Manly Twitter feed:

INJURY UPDATE | Jayden Hodges has been cleared of any serious injury. Still in discomfort but in good spirits. Will continue to be monitored

The only good news from the night.

Thanks "Ron" for this (I am not a "Twitterer", lol)

That's the main thing (no serious prob). Unless he's 100% by mid-week, and Ballin isn't right for next weekend, I'd put Hiku in the 9 and start with Blair on the wing.

Least amount of re-shuffle. I watched the 2nd-half again today and Hiku was OK at dummy-half. Plus I like Blair. He adds some size and grunt to the run on team (and we need every ounce we can get!)

Other positives apart from Jayden being OK (for me) were Us putting 24 pts on 'em in the last 20 mins ; even if they'd put the cue in the rack, as ppl always say. *U can bet Maguire will make a strong point about this to the Vermin too!

And most obviously, we ARE still alive. BIG positive compared to 8 teams already clocked-off for 2014.

Perhaps we are running-on-empty and the relentless year-long effort's catching up with Us ( eg. All the injuries right on Finals time).

Overall it's easily been a positive season (finishing equal 1st) and that includes the added and extra BS about Manly and all the "unrest" we've been through. AND my view will remain even if we do go "out-in-straight-sets".

We've had many a worse season (in my 40 yrs following) and I appreciate what Manly provides me in my life (highlights and positives aplenty to remember from this year). From every year, more or less.

Which ISN'T quite finished just yet......:)

Snake said:
I have to admit, I was concerned that we didn't take him off immediately. He showed real guts to stick it out for the half, but his long term health is more important that winning a football game. I love this young bloke for his toughness and resoluteness. What a champion in the making.

Yeah Snake, I agree with you on the replacement bit but I guess the little fella wanted to go on and you could see it in his eyes. It gave Tooves that sub for later.
He wanted to prove himself and his toughness surely showed out. Even to take Inglis on that many frown at.
I can see Jayden with us big time as long as we can hold onto him. He's not a big bulky guy and might even become a lock or back line fill in for us.
What our mob needed was more animal in them. We came back but that was a bit late as Souffs had it in the bag. Bugger it...........more lottery tickets to shell out on Monday.
You know, I reckon if our guys stick to their digs (find them first), we can get to the GF but we aren't hungry enough. All the crap among what is going on is holding us back. Souffs (The Rabids) were too sharp and slick with the ball. We were just going through the motions.
Get well Jayden and show our boys how to stand up.

RiverEagle said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Just saw this on the Manly Twitter feed:

INJURY UPDATE | Jayden Hodges has been cleared of any serious injury. Still in discomfort but in good spirits. Will continue to be monitored

The only good news from the night.

Thanks "Ron" for this (I am not a "Twitterer", lol)

That's the main thing (no serious prob). Unless he's 100% by mid-week, and Ballin isn't right for next weekend, I'd put Hiku in the 9 and start with Blair on the wing.

Least amount of re-shuffle. I watched the 2nd-half again today and Hiku was OK at dummy-half. Plus I like Blair. He adds some size and grunt to the run on team (and we need every ounce we can get!)

Other positives apart from Jayden being OK (for me) were Us putting 24 pts on 'em in the last 20 mins ; even if they'd put the cue in the rack, as ppl always say. *U can bet Maguire will make a strong point about this to the Vermin too!

And most obviously, we ARE still alive. BIG positive compared to 8 teams already clocked-off for 2014.

Perhaps we are running-on-empty and the relentless year-long effort's catching up with Us ( eg. All the injuries right on Finals time).

Overall it's easily been a positive season (finishing equal 1st) and that includes the added and extra BS about Manly and all the "unrest" we've been through. AND my view will remain even if we do go "out-in-straight-sets".

We've had many a worse season (in my 40 yrs following) and I appreciate what Manly provides me in my life (highlights and positives aplenty to remember from this year). From every year, more or less.

Which ISN'T quite finished just yet......:)

Good evening River,
Yeah mate our lost lot forgot to get off the bus. I think they were still on he plane returning from last week in Toonsville. However, whacking those late points on was a real positive but to me the biggest plus was Jamie L whacking a couple of nice conversions over that he usually misses.

It runs my blood cold when you hear of players leaving.
Who would want to leave Manly?
We have a great atmosphere, a great culture, a city that has a beach with the prettiest beauties about. Our Cheerleaders are adored by everyone and even the opposition. Manly has sand that is gold and we dont need that for kicking goals either because we are meant to have gold in our hearts and veins.

Gee c'mon boys and lift it up a gear or two as I can really see them getting their fingers out, having a go and getting to the GF.

Oh well River, more lottery tickets to shell out on Monday.
Keep well Champ and great to hear young Jayden is ok.
His big effort against GI is credit to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6