Best performance since 2008 Grand Final?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookvale said:
it was Manlys biggest win ever over the broncos.

even the broncos knew they were lucky to be up 10-4 at at half time. then eveything clicked in attack and keeping the horses scorless in the 2nd half.

Yeah exactly (except for the biggest win bit :D)

The reason why i am suggesting that this was their best performance in a hell-of-a-long while was that the first half they also dominated in all the important areas, and were dangerous continually. I think they have turned a corner they have been trying to get around for a long time - i see underneath that performance a rock solid foundation of confidence, belief and team work building in momentum. I look forward to coming weeks....

Brookie said: apart from a heavy wallet, the ink on his arms are weighing him down. so he is fitting in well with the canterbury knuckledraggers.

Where to next for him? Must be the Tattoosters.

How sad is the Hodkinson stalking ?

The Eagle said:
Mybludog said:
Dragons @ Brookie in 10

Not remotely comparable
A team that fought against the fades for one game all year vs a team that has a power surge in place of fades

A win against the best side in the comp that won the thing not remotely comparable as a good win ? What are you smoking ?

I would hate to be an ex girlfriend of yours shane - you can hold a grudge

If i held grudges id hate Orford but i think he is one of the best things to ever happen to this club,he left in a pre season

Hodkinson gets a chance,gets picked for city only because Orford moved to england and has done nothing of note since besides signing the most overpayed contract in this years competition,i didnt have a problem with him chasing dollars,i had a problem with him for playing so non-chelently for the rest of the season,as if this club meant **** all to him

Love him or hate him,everytime Ox ****s up you can see it hurts,with Hodkinson i just see "oops,well meh its ok i still get payed" and people call Ox a mercenary,atleast Ox has a heart

The Eagle said:
Dont bother comparing Ox to Hodkinson,one has a dally m medal,a gf ring and a new audi,the other has an overloaded wallet from plying his trade terribly

Canberra fans might be saying the same thing about the overloaded wallet

lsz said:
Stupidest post ever lsz. Shane's ex girlfriend is right up there with the Easter bunny, Santa, tooth fairy and the norths nrl team :)

Cambo said:
lsz said:
Stupidest post ever lsz. Shane's ex girlfriend is right up there with the Easter bunny, Santa, tooth fairy and the norths nrl team :)

Yeah because you getting a shag is alot less likely right?
Lol nice try champ but no cigar,dont throw stones from your glasshouse

I wouldn't say it was the best performance, but I certainly do think it was a watershed game from us for the following reasons:
- Emergence of DCE. He has been threatening to get into space like that for weeks. Now that he has finally done it I think he won't look back.
- A big leap down the road to recovery for Snake - a brilliant moment in attack and another one in defence - and confirmation in my mind that he can get back to where he was.
- Wolfman getting much closer to being back to his usual self.
- Lyon appears to be finally injury free and back goal kicking.
- T-Rex switch to the pack is really working (still lots of room for improvement though).
- Choc hitting form.
- Foran/Snake/Matai/Hoppa (could be Robbo next week) forming a devastating combo on the left (I appreciate their poor defence probably made it look a bit better than what it was).
- Team camaraderie at the highest level I have seen since the 08 GF.

That is a hell of a lot of positives to take away from a single game.

I have left Foran's individual game off that list because he has been aiming up like that for quite a few weeks now. While his game was outstanding, I think that is what we have come to expect.

Round 9, 2010 at home vs st george was our best performance since the grand final.

Vs Brisbane second half was second best.

MadMarcus said:
I wouldn't say it was the best performance, but I certainly do think it was a watershed game from us for the following reasons:
- Emergence of DCE. He has been threatening to get into space like that for weeks. Now that he has finally done it I think he won't look back.
- A big leap down the road to recovery for Snake - a brilliant moment in attack and another one in defence - and confirmation in my mind that he can get back to where he was.
- Wolfman getting much closer to being back to his usual self.
- Lyon appears to be finally injury free and back goal kicking.
- T-Rex switch to the pack is really working (still lots of room for improvement though).
- Choc hitting form.
- Foran/Snake/Matai/Hoppa (could be Robbo next week) forming a devastating combo on the left (I appreciate their poor defence probably made it look a bit better than what it was).
- Team camaraderie at the highest level I have seen since the 08 GF.

That is a hell of a lot of positives to take away from a single game.

I have left Foran's individual game off that list because he has been aiming up like that for quite a few weeks now. While his game was outstanding, I think that is what we have come to expect.

I concur - there was a ****load of positives to emerge from this game - looking ahead there appears to be still some improvement to go. the best thing is the boys know this and are realising they are still a few levels away from their best.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6