Best Manly players mid season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Officially half way through 2016 who is your top 5 Manly players so far in order 1 - 5
Forget the scores & the ladder & think positives....best 5 players.

I go
1 - Tom T...some great individual moments & has developed into top shelf already - SOO 2017
2 - Jake T....Forget future leader- already there, not at his best but 1 of ours.
3 - Parcell ...A few mistakes but signs of a long term class act, showing ability behind often, a dominated pack
4 - Vave....has stood up & offered super impact, even changing games momentum, defensively still vulnerable, but 1 of few who can bend the line & offload.
5 - Walker....yes has looked lost & again, shown defensive lapses....but individually looks most likely to bust the line...the 5/8....maybe behind a stronger pack & complimenting a half who totally controls the game allowing him to concentrate on 1 thing....Run!!

I agree, with the exception of Walker who played exceptionally well for 40 minutes, but hasn't shone many other times.
I think Api, when given the opportunity, has always played well and should be No. 5.
It is a sad state of affairs when you find it hard to pick any more than five decent players this season.

1. Jake T - he really hasn't put a foot wrong, and I was so happy for him to be announced as our Skipper.
2. Tom T - for me he has been our most potent attacking weapon, and whilst still raw and needs work defensively, he has looked very dangerous, and has looked quite comfortable in the centres.
3. Parcell - as others have previously said, how good would he be behind a pack that was dominating? Never mind Jake Friend etc as Cameron Smiths replacement, they would be talking about this kid.

Now it gets very tough.

4. Api. Whilst I do believe he's quite limited, he did get 2 man of the matches and showed he is an able replacement for DCE.
5. Vave. Again whilst he has some issues in his game, at least he's been whole hearted in his approach.

Gee this is hard for all the wrong reasons.
Jake
Tom
Parcell

Vave
Bj before he was injured, Buhrer since he was.

1 - Jake Trbojevic. Has consistently been our best forward both in attack and defence. In just one and a half seasons has grown into the forwards leader.

2 - Tom Trbojevic. Easily our most dangerous attacking weapon and the more he has the ball in his hands, the better. Playing injured yet is still racking up the metres every game (has broken 150 in the past 4 games) and is leading us in just about every single offensive category. Defence needs work but it is coming along. The scary thing is that he has played most of this season out of his preferred position.

3 - Matt Parcell. Proving to be the gun we knew he would be but is somewhat hampered by a pack that bar one or two is not performing and by a constantly changing halves combination.

After that it kinda falls away a bit.

4 - Siosaia Vave. He has surprised me. At first I thought it was Barrett just looking after his ex club players by selection Vave (Sharks) and Green (St Merge), but the big boy has surprised me. Not mobile enough to start as shown against Brisbane, but against tiring defences has been a tower of strength with his go forward and enthusiasm. Unfortunately that lack of mobility also see's him as a target for smaller players in defence which can be a liability.

5 - Lewis Brown. Now before I get shot down, hear me out. Brown has been the team's "Mr Fix it" in 2016. He's played back row, hooker and centre and while he's not someone in a full strength side that you'd start, he has done a decent job given the circumstances and his utility value has definitely helped. He's not our best back rower, not our best hooker and definitely not our best centre. But he's done it no questions asked. Has he been our best? No, far from it. But for the most part he hasn't let us down.

DCE would have been my 5th choice had he not missed 4 games so far due to injury. BJ also just missed out as did Marty Taupau.

Jake T
Tom T
Parcell
Are the stand outs
For the top 5 discussion
Walker show's glimpses of what he can do and that has been in all matches
Buhrer since he has come back has been very good

Officially half way through 2016 who is your top 5 Manly players so far in order 1 - 5

I go
1 - Tom T...some great individual moments & has developed into top shelf already - SOO 2017
2 - Jake T....Forget future leader- already there, not at his best but 1 of ours.
3 - Parcell ...A few mistakes but signs of a long term class act, showing ability behind often, a dominated pack
4 - Vave....has stood up & offered super impact, even changing games momentum, defensively still vulnerable, but 1 of few who can bend the line & offload.
5 - Walker....yes has looked lost & again, shown defensive lapses....but individually looks most likely to bust the line...the 5/8....maybe behind a stronger pack & complimenting a half who totally controls the game allowing him to concentrate on 1 thing....Run!!
Coaching wiser,
1. Cartwright

I go

NOW FOR THE WORST

1, Fulton/ Penn
2, Cartwright
3, ferris
4, DCE
5, Miles

Barett should never have been given this opportunity, I do not blame him, blame management for thinking someone outside Manly can keep the engine going.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2