Best loss I have seen in all my years.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am tired and in bed.

That effort was outstanding. Everyone played well. Snake looked a little off the pace in attack but his positional play returning the ball was excellent. Tafua and Tom T were as good as any wingers you could hope for and Korisau Parcel and Walker showed so much promise it's scary.

The defence was incredible. Vave and Starling were huge Matai was at his best and Tapaou is worth the big bucks. Myles was fantastic and I pity those of you who don't understand and enjoy the intricacies of this great game and fail to see what he has added to our forwards this year.

Man I am so excited about what is going to come later this year after that game. Best loss I have ever seen. No luck in the penalty department while Souths got it all there way and our kicking game was average but the potential is exciting.

We gave it our all but we were not rewarded.
It was all one out plays .
We lacked Execution ie; the carrying out of a plan, order, or course of action.
Over to you Trent Barrett.

Good post. Look at the effort. Focus on the positives. In American sports, a team rarely plays well during the last game of a road trip, or having three games in 4 or 5 days (less physically taxing games mind you). There is always an element of fatigue that sets in be it mental or physical or both. When you're tired you're tired and that's it - one cure - rest. And that goes for both.

Come back fresh with a big effort in 10 days.

Thought the same thing @Top End Eagle

Great second half effort and I thought snake was well off as well.

We just seem about 1% out with those passes. A lot just went behind stifling the runner. When we click...it should be very very good (hopefully.)
I think those passes hitting their mark or not is down to not training. Hopefully once our draw levels out they can get more sessions in and not have to work things out in-game...

We defended well 2nd half which is hopefully a sign of good things to come but want to know one thing.What the hell happened the 1st 20 minutes.We're slowly getting it together & just as well we have the 4 points up our sleve.Promising signs people just persevere.

I'm sure the short turnaround affected our start, although it was much the same against the Dogs in our very first match so it is certainly something to work on.
We seem to come home strongly and I take that as a very positive sign.
Chez described that first game as being like a trial because no surprise - the Jets game didn't give them the hit out they needed. Next year they need to book hard trials, especially if we have more signings. But to be fair, they probably looked at this very three game stretch and thought beat to ease in and get through this OK rather than come out cooked.

I think those passes hitting their mark or not is down to not training. Hopefully once our draw levels out they can get more sessions in and not have to work things out in-game...

There were even a few three man inside ball plays that I haven't seen from us before. Looked rehearsed and pretty potent, even without the likes of Sid and Ferris out there. And I'm a Vave convert now.

Given how we started against the Bulldogs if someone had said by Rd 5 we would be 2W 3L i would have taken that any day. The last loss we had similar to that was losing to the Roosters 4-0. Even though it is disappointing to have a loss the heart showed by the team was inspiring to watch especially when Souths were putting on points for fun in the first 20mins.

Hopefully a good rest in before the next game but i think the team is slowly starting to show the potential we know they have in them.

Given the amount of flack Taufua got since the Roosters game he was outstanding and wouldn't trade him for any other winger. Tom had a great game also.

But our forwards..take a bow!!!

Good post. Look at the effort. Focus on the positives. In American sports, a team rarely plays well during the last game of a road trip, or having three games in 4 or 5 days (less physically taxing games mind you). There is always an element of fatigue that sets in be it mental or physical or both. When you're tired you're tired and that's it - one cure - rest. And that goes for both.

Come back fresh with a big effort in 10 days.
Can't blame fatigue. We lost that game in the first 15 minutes, not the last 15 minutes.

For an hour the team was dominate and did really well despite of having a lack of polish at the end of our sets, this was offset but a dreadful start conceding schoolboy tries. To say our defence was great is not the truth, yes it improved you just cant afford to give up a start like that. It is a recurring pattern and something that must be addressed!

It reminds me of the game when we started to get the upper hand on a stacked Melbourne team...around 07 or 08 we had a narrow loss to them at Brookvale and we ended up with 4 GF appearances and 2 Premierships. I'm quietly excited about last night's game.

Was a fantastic game to watch, reminded me a lot of the 0-4 loss to the roosters, which was a better game then this one imo.
If we put that effort in every week then we should definitely win more then we lose.

Can't blame fatigue. We lost that game in the first 15 minutes, not the last 15 minutes.

Phil Gould made a good point about the short turnarounds last night - it's not the end of the game where the fatigue gets you, it's the beginning where you start out tired, flat and lacking in energy or spark. Once you get into the game, your base fitness kicks in and it's less of an issue.

Anecdotally, I reckon he's right. I know myself, if I play a sport or even train when I'm already sore and tired, it's the beginning of the game/session where it really hurts and you don't want to be there. Once you get into it you just run on fitness and muscle memory and get through it.

Was a fantastic game to watch, reminded me a lot of the 0-4 loss to the roosters, which was a better game then this one imo.
If we put that effort in every week then we should definitely win more then we lose.
That semi against the Roosters was a cracking game of footy. Defence was brutal from both sides and one of the best games I've ever been to.

I am tired and in bed.

That effort was outstanding. Everyone played well. Snake looked a little off the pace in attack but his positional play returning the ball was excellent. Tafua and Tom T were as good as any wingers you could hope for and Korisau Parcel and Walker showed so much promise it's scary.

The defence was incredible. Vave and Starling were huge Matai was at his best and Tapaou is worth the big bucks. Myles was fantastic and I pity those of you who don't understand and enjoy the intricacies of this great game and fail to see what he has added to our forwards this year.

Man I am so excited about what is going to come later this year after that game. Best loss I have ever seen. No luck in the penalty department while Souths got it all there way and our kicking game was average but the potential is exciting.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6