Best ever Seaeagle Solo Efforts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Seen something on Jack Elsegood ths morn & bought back memories of a length of field try vs Broncs in a final.
Lost the game but it gave a glimmer. We were depleated that game & Jack was talked up as 1 of our dangermen before the game yet scooped up from dummy half & went all the way.
Snake Stewart pulled off a miracle trysaver on PJ Marsh that was possably the matchwinner 2-3 years ago - a pearler.
T Rex running over 6 Tigers to score including a hapless Robbie Farrah - sweet as it gets. ;)

The best effort that I ever saw from a player was in about 92/93. We were against the Panthers at Brooky on a sunny Sunday afternoon. A scrum from about 35-40 metres from our line. Toovey picks up the ball, dashes forward, beats a few defenders, runs across field and beats a few more, runs back up field and beats a few more defenders. He's ducking and weaving and jinking and fending and dummying and all these Panthers are falling off. He must have beat about 10 off these guys. It felt like the reserves and the under 21s were falling off him as well. He must have run about 150 metres and he is falling to the ground. Craig Hancock comes in to support and Toovey delivers a perfect pass between about 3 defenders for Hancock to score. One of my most favourite ever tries, with the Manzies and Bell tries from the 08 Grand Final.

Also rembember in about 96/97. Manly playing Newcastle and Harragoon trying to aim for Toovey everytime he ran the ball. Toovey put him on his ass everytime. Haragoons getting the ****s and runs it at him again. This time Toovey gets in under him in a perfect tackle, picks him up and drives him back 10 metres and then puts him on his ass. A tackle I will never forget.

he didn`t run at him again after that , Tooves was making him look like a winger not an International prop ..

MK Eagle said:
Seen something on Jack Elsegood ths morn & bought back memories of a length of field try vs Broncs in a final.
Lost the game but it gave a glimmer. We were depleated that game & Jack was talked up as 1 of our dangermen before the game yet scooped up from dummy half & went all the way.

I was at that game and it was indeed the only bright spot of the day. Great try by Elsegood, who really was something special when he first broke through into first grade. Love to see the footage if anyone has it.

*EDIT* Almost forgot that Google can often be useful. Highlights of the game (we lost 36-10) are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpSDsCXwPFE

Skip in to around 2 minutes 35 if you don't want to watch the Broncos on the rampage.

Most recent for me is foran taking control against souths in the second half. After being behind after the first half.

eagleE said:
The best effort that I ever saw from a player was in about 92/93. We were against the Panthers at Brooky on a sunny Sunday afternoon. A scrum from about 35-40 metres from our line. Toovey picks up the ball, dashes forward, beats a few defenders, runs across field and beats a few more, runs back up field and beats a few more defenders. He's ducking and weaving and jinking and fending and dummying and all these Panthers are falling off. He must have beat about 10 off these guys. It felt like the reserves and the under 21s were falling off him as well. He must have run about 150 metres and he is falling to the ground. Craig Hancock comes in to support and Toovey delivers a perfect pass between about 3 defenders for Hancock to score. One of my most favourite ever tries, with the Manzies and Bell tries from the 08 Grand Final.

Also rembember in about 96/97. Manly playing Newcastle and Harragoon trying to aim for Toovey everytime he ran the ball. Toovey put him on his ass everytime. Haragoons getting the ****s and runs it at him again. This time Toovey gets in under him in a perfect tackle, picks him up and drives him back 10 metres and then puts him on his ass. A tackle I will never forget.

I remember this try and I can remember we needed to win that game and Tooves stood up and set up this try. Showed just what a special player he was, one of the toughest blokes to ever lace on a boot. I also remember the same year Mal Meninga running straight at Tooves near the sideline at Bruce Stadium, and he picked him up and put him over the sideline. A legend.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

I go back a lot further to a game at Brookie against Cronulla. We had a lot of injuries, and a new halfback called Rick Chisholm. He was unbelievable that day. I think he scored all Manly's points that day (he was also a good goal kicker) and we won something like 17-16. (Apologies if the facts are slightly wrong, but it was the most dominant effort by one player over an entire match). Unfortunately, Rick battled 'demons' and his time in first grade was marred by inconsistency.

Choc against the Wests Tigers. While the rest of the team played like reserve grade park footballers Choc almost won the game by himself, not only was that an effort in itself but he did after playing a MoM performance in Origin so he would've been buggared

The Who said:
I go back a lot further to a game at Brookie against Cronulla. We had a lot of injuries, and a new halfback called Rick Chisholm. He was unbelievable that day. I think he scored all Manly's points that day (he was also a good goal kicker) and we won something like 17-16. (Apologies if the facts are slightly wrong, but it was the most dominant effort by one player over an entire match). Unfortunately, Rick battled 'demons' and his time in first grade was marred by inconsistency.
That was the best I've seen. He scored all Manly's points that day in his first game in the top grade.Unbelievable alright!

MK Eagle said:
Snake Stewart pulled off a miracle trysaver on PJ Marsh that was possably the matchwinner 2-3 years ago - a pearler.
T Rex running over 6 Tigers to score including a hapless Robbie Farrah - sweet as it gets. ;)

Jack Elsegood was really good value......there was another game against the Broncos, at Brookie, probably 1994-95, wqe were down something like 20-0 and fiinished with a 20-20 draw. One of our tries was set up by Elsegood after he put on one of the best sidesteps I have ever seen....absolute poetry in motion....

anyone else remember this?

Little Grubber Kick said:
MK Eagle said:

Jack Elsegood was really good value......there was another game against the Broncos, at Brookie, probably 1994-95, wqe were down something like 20-0 and fiinished with a 20-20 draw. One of our tries was set up by Elsegood after he put on one of the best sidesteps I have ever seen....absolute poetry in motion....

anyone else remember this?
Do remember that move, shimmy - step & bang - also in the 7's against St G he went the full length off a Kosef floater with Mundine no match in cover defence. Cliffy dominated those 7's big time.
On the youtube Ron E Gibbs posted on previous page check out Jacks diving (almost)trysaver on Matterson who I think dislocated his shoulder at 1 min 40 secs.

I've no idea how to load youtube. Terry Hill's try with a busted shoulder to get Manly back from 26-4 to 26-26 at fulltime in 1999 against Broncos. He beats Tallis up front and then Lockyer at the end. The last great Manly highlight before the Neagles debacle. Go to about 5m 45s into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TexKkzET18k&feature=player_detailpage#t=315s

Brissie Kid said:
I've no idea how to load youtube. Terry Hill's try with a busted shoulder to get Manly back from 26-4 to 26-26 at fulltime in 1999 against Broncos. He beats Tallis up front and then Lockyer at the end. The last great Manly highlight before the Neagles debacle. Go to about 5m 45s into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TexKkzET18k&feature=player_detailpage#t=315s

Awesome. I remember that game well, too. A couple of blokes in that team that aren't mentioned too often but always gave their all for the Eagles were Brendon Reeves (at fullback) and Andrew King (Matt King's older brother) at centre. He scored a ridiculous chip and chase solo try for us on one occasion, too.

• 👍
Reactions: ads
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Awesome. I remember that game well, too. A couple of blokes in that team that aren't mentioned too often but always gave their all for the Eagles were Brendon Reeves (at fullback) and Andrew King (Matt King's older brother) at centre. He scored a ridiculous chip and chase solo try for us on one occasion, too.

I miss Terry Hill. What a great player he was for Manly. Reeves played his guts out every game. I remember that Andrew King try.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4