Best Ever Manly Team - Vote your Winger!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Wombat Eadie has been convincingly chosen as the Silvertail Dream Team Fullback.

The poll is now up for you to choose your Winger.

A few oldies that some of us may not have seen play have been included but it is important that they are in the list as they will certainly come into consideration by the official panel who will choose the 60th Anniversary Dream Team.

Use two votes to include your post. Post a comment if there is winger you believe has been unfairly ommitted.

Later in the season we will post the Silvertail.net team as chosen by forum posters. It will be interesting to see how close we correspond with the official one!

havent you guys watched gf replays etc?

davis was pretty solid but irvine is pretty hard to go past

I agree with Daniel. Putting Hoppa ahead of Irvine is like putting Mark Latham down as the greatest political leader of the Western World. Hoppa did some good things amongst his brain explosions but Irvine rates in the top 10 wingers of all time. Hoppa didn't even play SOO except in the Superleague split whilst Irvine was an automatic inclusion in any Australian team (as was Boustead) and amongst the best ever at that level.

It is comparing peanuts to coconuts to put them in the same class frankly!

I agree with Daniel. Putting Hoppa ahead of Irvine is like putting Mark Latham down as the greatest political leader of the Western World. Hoppa did some good things amongst his brain explosions but Irvine rates in the top 10 wingers of all time. Hoppa didn't even play SOO except in the Superleague split whilst Irvine was an automatic inclusion in any Australian team (as was Boustead) and amongst the best ever at that level.

It is comparing peanuts to coconuts to put them in the same class frankly!

from what I have heard you sound 110% correct. although I still could not vote for someone I have not seen play.

Putting Hoppa ahead of Irvine is like putting Mark Latham down as the greatest political leader of the Western World.

How true, who would have been silly enough to vote for that bloke anyhow? ;) :clap: :clap:

Where the hell is Brett Dallas....That's a player with ruthless speed, longetivity, and try scoring record. Apart from Hoppa in his prime, and possibly Dale Shearer (who played his best when not oin the wing), those other players just don't stack up.

That means I have this so far:-

01. Ben Ikin (in his prime)
02. Brett Dallas

When do we move into the centres???

I cannot believe Hoppa is leading the poll.........disgraceful stuff

Irvine and Bousted for mine

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4