Best brand of footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Other fans that I bump into only rate Melbourne, Saints and us to win it this year.

They also tell me that it's too early to pick a winner. The usual sound logic applies. It depends on whether each team will be able to field their best team. It depends on ref calls and so on ....

They all hate Manly but they give us credit for playing the best brand of footy.

If Soward has an off day with his kicking game, then their game will fall apart. Their halves won't have much else to offer. I get the feeling that other fans don't respect their style of play. Other great teams are well known for their attacking play. Canterbury were the entertainers at one stage. Parra once had 6 backs picked in NSW SOO. Cliffy Lyons and a star studded backline mesmerised every team. Will Saints be remembered for their great attacking play? I don't think so.

If Melbourne lose Slater or Smith, then they can kiss away a title. Aptly voted the dirtiest team in the comp. They created a dictionary of new terms. Wrestle, grapple, chicken wing ... A dirty coach, dirty players and the adopted child of the NRL. Other fans do not respect them.

Press another fan hard enough and they will acknowledge that we are the dream team. Every fan craves blooding a young set of brave, tough and super talented halves that continue to kick butt on the big stage. They respect our halves and wish they had the same experience that we have with watching them each week. They have grown to respect Dessie and how we perform. We are known for muscling up when we need to. We have 3 5/8ths when we are in the attacking zone. Watmough has just about been forgiven and others fans have stopped calling Matai a dirty player. They acknowledge that he hits as hard as anyone. I could ramble on about how much they admire other players but I think you will get the gist of what I am trying to say.

We do play the best brand of footy.

Before Fluffy or Bones get to it.
Steeden.

There's still enough hate out there. I was reading the comments on Yahoo today & many were outraged that Manly wasn't rated the dirtiest team, even with all that Melbourne have done.

Duff said:
Before Fluffy or Bones get to it.
Steeden.

There's still enough hate out there. I was reading the comments on Yahoo today & many were outraged that Manly wasn't rated the dirtiest team, even with all that Melbourne have done.

I don't get it. How are we the dirtiest team on the field when we have only had a couple of our boys go to the judiciary or get placed on report? Is it because we get penalised more than other teams? If that's the case they need to look at the fact that most of our penalties are BS.

What about Melbourne's constant tackling with feet/knees first? what about Thurston kicking people in the head?

Yes, we tackle hard, but we tackle properly, we don't come in with season ending injuries or dodgy out of sight punches/kicks. I don't think I have seen a Manly player step on someones face or leg in recent history either.

I love this, the hate is back!!

Well firstly, for the most part RL fans are idiots, which explains a lot. Secondly, when you ask those idiots what they think constitutes dirty play in RL most of them will think about wrestling - something Manly is good at.

Of all the players in our squad, Matai is the only one you could really consider to be a dirty player though he has really cleaned up his act this year.

These days, matches between the top teams are won by referees and video refs. So far this season there is no reason to think we'll get an even spread of decisions going our way. If we get 50% we'll win the comp.

To the ardent RL fan, Manly is a tough side and don't relish playing them at any time at any field.
The " I hate Manly" doesn't come from fans who love their Leaugue but the idiots who only follow a team to have a general discussion at work's morning tea or to the millions who have a tip in the Tipping Competition at work.
They know very little about the game except the generation in front of them, their fathers, their uncles, the old bloke down the road, all say with passion "I hate Manly.... bloody Silvertails! Have to buy a premiership! Ken Arthurson had only maroon & white eyes! etc etc.

These days are gone. The hatred is gone. It's only the non-ardent supporters who think there's still hate in the air.

How could anyone HATE our halves?
How could anyone HATE Beaver?
How could anyone HATE Dessie?
How could anyone HATE Matty Ballin or Brett Stewart?
Hould anyone HATE Choc or Skivvy... hang on.... they might be easier!

This so-called HATE is really ENVY.
Wouldn't you envy someone from the northern beaches if you lived in a place like Smambletown?

lismore_fan said:
To the ardent RL fan, Manly is a tough side and don't relish playing them at any time at any field.
The " I hate Manly" doesn't come from fans who love their Leaugue but the idiots who only follow a team to have a general discussion at work's morning tea or to the millions who have a tip in the Tipping Competition at work.
They know very little about the game except the generation in front of them, their fathers, their uncles, the old bloke down the road, all say with passion "I hate Manly.... bloody Silvertails! Have to buy a premiership! Ken Arthurson had only maroon & white eyes! etc etc.

These days are gone. The hatred is gone. It's only the non-ardent supporters who think there's still hate in the air.

How could anyone HATE our halves?
How could anyone HATE Beaver?
How could anyone HATE Dessie?
How could anyone HATE Matty Ballin or Brett Stewart?
Hould anyone HATE Choc or Skivvy... hang on.... they might be easier!

Maybe you've got the moroon and white eyes mate! Don't you think the people in the Storm forums (i reckon they should call themselves "the cell")are saying the same thing? How can they hate Slater? How can they hate Smith? There's lots of teams i hate. And it's not cause someone suggested i should.

^

Wise words. I don't hate Parra because of how they play or act, I just hate them because they're Parra (same would go for the Bears if they existed anymore).

I have encountered plenty of people who are more than happy to voice their dislike of Dessie & the Stewart boys. Matt Ballin is severely underrated by most fans as well, if he played for the Dragons or Parra he would be hailed as one of the best in the game.

It's just fashionable to hate Manly.

Who would have thought that a manly fan on a manly forum would think we play the best brand of footy

NOt sure about the best brand but its the 1 i like to see. A player like Matai can upset opposition fans but if he went to their team would be the idol - no doubt. If Manly are being hated - dirty , cheats, whingers - ect - we are doing well & are a genuine threat. The time to worry is when opposition fans go quiet about the Seaeagles or even worse "i dont mind Manly anymore " means we cant make the top 8....;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6