Best Band you've seen live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Midnight Oil by far especially the early eighties shows at the Manly Vale and Royal Antler hotels.

They were by far the best band at Waveaid.

Gronk, I think i've seen them just as many times and i'm seeing them again on June 8.

They have 2 shows in Melbourne just after if your keen to go... both at the Hi Fi bar. You live in Melbourne right??

Yeah cheers mate, I'll try to catch it. I saw them last about September at The Palace in St Kilda. Just about the most disgusting venue I have ever been to but their new album is a cracker.

So you heard on the grapevine Tool are coming back maybe later this year? Sweeeeet.

Metallica - Well, they lost me as a fan about 8 years ago.

Once Load came out they were done IMO

It might not be in the style of Puppets and Justice but its still some good music. Their new album due out early next year is being produced by Rick Rubin.

Some of his work has included: System of a Down, Linkin Park, Chilli Peppers, U2, Slipknot, Rage against the machine, slayer and AC/DC.

They employed him to try a help get that old sound back and from a few of their new songs they're playing live you might be surprised when their new albums out. Rob Trujilo is a big influence on them since his arrival.

I hope they find that older sound, flip. They were a better band when they were young and thrashy.

Gronk, I haven't heard much of their new album yet.. I probably heard like 3 or 4 new songs at their last gig but that's it.. can't wait for it to come out. Lucius is easily the best drummer in Australia.. absolutely brilliant.

Tool are rumoured to be back on our shores around November. I'll be sure to keep you updated gronk... when they were here recently they didn't even play Brisbane!!

In no particular order :

The Go Betweens ( R.I.P Grant Mclennan )
The Hummingbirds
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
Buffalo Tom
They Might Be Giants
The Bats
Sonic Youth
Dinosaur Jnr

I hope they find that older sound, flip. They were a better band when they were young and thrashy.

Gronk, I haven't heard much of their new album yet.. I probably heard like 3 or 4 new songs at their last gig but that's it.. can't wait for it to come out. Lucius is easily the best drummer in Australia.. absolutely brilliant.

Tool are rumoured to be back on our shores around November. I'll be sure to keep you updated gronk... when they were here recently they didn't even play Brisbane!!

They played a sideshow to the Big Pay Out down here but it sold out in about the same time it takes Monas to put a chip over the top and regather...so yeah didn't get to that one.

Yeah Cog are great live..ever see them in the early days in those venues that hold about 25 people?

Bah. I never liked Metallica but once they turned on Napster, there's no way I was ever going to want to listen to them.

Anyway, the best show I ever saw, I think, was by Machine Gun Fellatio. Now, I'm not the greatest fan of MGF (I probably wouldn't even call myself a fan, though the stuff they do for The Whitlams is pretty good) but I got word that they were having a semi-private Christmas party in some little pub in Sydney.

They played 4 hours straight and it was just the most awesome atmosphere I think I've ever experienced!

Incubus are probably the best I have seen live closely followed by AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Metallica and Jack Johnson.

I want to see Tool badly so hopefully that will happen soon, I was busy in Jan this year and couldnt make their concert. Also got tickets in a box for the Tuesday night RHCP show this week, cant farking wait.

In no particular order :

The Go Betweens ( R.I.P Grant Mclennan )
The Hummingbirds
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
Buffalo Tom
They Might Be Giants
The Bats
Sonic Youth
Dinosaur Jnr

Chuck you would have loved a gig I went to in 96, new years eve. Summersault. You may have even gone?

One of the Foo Fighters first ever shows, plus Sonic Youth, Beastie Boys and Beck. It was without doubt the best gig I have been to.

Bah. I never liked Metallica but once they turned on Napster, there's no way I was ever going to want to listen to them.

Is it harder for you to steal now is it? :bdh:

Is it harder for you to steal now is it?

Hehe... I never used Napster. I generally kept my downloads to either usenet or ed2k (or private servers when I could get access, shout out to GuyFawkes ;) ). Now I'm just a fan of torrents.

Anyway, back to the question... it's not a matter of that. It was more the fact that, as I understand it, Metallica relied upon the swapping of tapes and so on to get their music out there, to get an audience, but once they were big enough, they decided to turn against those same people. Even if that is not the case, the whole 'Copyright Infringement is Stealing and Is Killing our Industry' is a farce and any band that jumps on that bandwagon is unfit for my money.

GuyFawkes or Fawkes Narc ???????

remember the days of Digital Underground?

Eek. I will begrudgingly have to guess you're right Daniel. I guess I just had to remember the 'Guy' otherwise I wouldn't remember the 'Fawkes'. Old age, over-worked all that is my excuse.

What's the best band you've seen live??

For me.. it's either Pantera or Rammstein.

Pantera cuz they are the greatest band ever :) and Rammstein i'm not all that much of a fan of but they put on a great show.

I also saw Micheal Jackson last ever gig in Australia :|

Man, I'm a huge fan of Rammstein but didn't go see them when they were here last time (I became a fan just after they left :p). But I saw part of a DVD of their concert in France and it was awesome.

I also gave up the chance to go see Muse in January due to the fact I'd just had my knee reconstruction and didn't wanna risk doing any damage to it. Major bummer there :(

Rammers are nuts and I love them. The real worry is when they perform in English and it just loses something. SOAD are one of the best too. I love the speed of bands like Daath but probably just over the top.

I have been listening to some of my old music. I have to say my favorite band of all time for raising issues and having changing and challenging music is the Oils. Brilliant. Being an oldF, the Angels come a close second.

That doesn't mean that current stuff is not just as good if not better. My elder buddies who live in the past just drive me completely crazy. Anyone who missed Champagne by Millionaire should give it a listen (got heaps of JJJ airplay ages ago, the louder the better and long version is at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3431484737209991767) which is a growth of some of the music put out by Offspring.

I give Nothingface a big thumbs up. Wolfmother too but they had better pull their fingers out. Also doesn't mean you have to put up with crap like Vains of Jenna (sheeesh) and thrash your wrist metal such as Vampire Moose.

I just got home from work and gave all my older CD's a run tonight... Customers coming got to hear some Testament, Slayer and Sepultura.. i'm sure they loved it :)

Slayer are playing on thursday night up here... when tickets when on sale i didn't have the coin to go. I saw them last time and they are absolutely brilliant, god i wish i was going on thursday night.

Downie, Rammstein's live show is top notch.... it has everything from smashed telephone's to the lead singer holding a fake penis and "pissing" from it to flame throwers to the guitarist putting a raft out onto the crowd and proceeding to "paddle" on top of the crowd. Insane Stuff.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6