Bennett is a hypocrite .....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Here we have Bennett saying the Origin schedule is a farce, injuries are as a result of origin blah, blah, blah.

He may be correct to an extent.

Well, over the last two years he's only had Scott and McManus (in despatches) lost to origin duties and he wasn't anywhere near as vocal.

The same goes for that 'turtle' face Robinson. He's just as bad.

They are both right as is Hasler. The NRL have to do something about the origin scheduling. For 8 rounds of the NRL season we are putting up with weakened teams, iinferior games.

I would rather see a weekend in May, June and July reserved exclusively for origin and that makes it fair on all teams.

One commonality with these three coaches is that all these three clubs are affected the greatest. My point is that Bennett is a hypocrite.

One commonality with these three coaches is that all these three clubs are affected the greatest. My point is that Bennett is a hypocrite.
I don't like bennett but he is fair. I heard him complain about it last year it just didn't gain as much traction because people couldn't label him a whinger. This year he also spoke out on behalf of us about mid season signings despite it not affecting him at all. So I tend to cut him a bit of slack. At least this season

Last season when Bennett was in charge of the Knights he actually presented a proposal to the NRL to change the scheduling of origin, that hardly makes him a hypocrite does it?

His proposal fell on deaf ears because it would affect ratings. Then he wouldnt be able to attract over $1 million p.year for himself.

He's taken it to a whole new level. Even to say that Boyd and Mcguires injuries are directly related to Origin.

• 🏆
Reactions: Rex
The only years that Bennett hasn't complained about losing players to Origin is when he has been the Qld coach.

Last season when Bennett was in charge of the Knights he actually presented a proposal to the NRL to change the scheduling of origin, that hardly makes him a hypocrite does it?
Maybe he was thinking ahead to this year, knowing he would be at the broncos.

The same goes for that 'turtle' face Robinson. He's just as bad.
Hahaha...usually I go with Tim the toolman, but turtle face is gold!

I can't whinge about Bennett...I'm an unabashed Bennett lover...sorry...just the way it is...

Last edited:
What the hell is she asking for ? Just go ahead and do it. ;)
image.jpg

It's pretty ridiculous that members and fans spend hard earned money on supporting their clubs, only to have some blow-in Origin series potentially completely derail your clubs season. I cannot understand why they can't just play it at the end of the year? They do the 4 nations and the World Cup at the end of the season?! Just play 3 games over 3 weeks after the GF....simple!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6