Benji To Yawnion??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Disgruntled & unhappy though denied for some time, every chance Benji will jump ship....if allowed.
A great entertainer though rocks or diamonds, would be a massive loss to the game & a gain for Rugby Yawnion.
Tigers will challenge for the spoon if he leaves imo, especially on the back of that big pommy foward Ellis going home......

He deserves a slap around the head. He signed the contract. He agreed to exclusively play for the tigers till 2015. Too bad champion.

MK i read it as an off season thing? Do you think there is more to it?

Don't get excited. He's talking about a short stint in Japan not leaving for good. So, why can't he? If it's good for Sonny it should be good for others too.

NRL & Roosters have dug Rugby League into a deep hole with allowing $BW back - now all the players will want to make some quick cash.

Thanks NRL

Rambo1987 said:
NRL & Roosters have dug Rugby League into a deep hole with allowing $BW back - now all the players will want to make some quick cash.

Thanks NRL

Correct...flood gates will open now (well maybe not the flood gates but many will opt for this if allowed)

Not really anything to do with the NRL.

$BW was an uncontracted player who returned to RL after a stint in RU, whilst there were other issues afoot concerning his initial departure from RL it's hardly going to change the situation for any currently contracted player.

The decision to allow one of your contracted players to participate in another sport (whatever it is) would purely be up to the club and the terms of the contract the player/club signed. Nothing to do with the NRL really unless it is in contradiction of their code of conduct / contract requirements (case in point being Buderus's recent attempt at coaching Brumbies). Given that most clubs don't let any of their players participate in any other sports or "high risk" activities then the chances of the flood gates opening on this issue are miniscule at best. The $BW and Benji situation are two completely separate issues.

blah blah blah... no player will ever be a loss to the game as someone else always steps up. They said that about Lockyer when he left, Folau, Money Bill Williams, all the defectors to ARU etc etc.

Benji 'the footy show' Marshall is over-rated and over paid for what he gives to his team. Plus he is sh*t on TV - captian obvious on his insights and about as funny as a fart in a elevator.

let him go! How is he a loss to the game? what does he give it besides self promotion? I don't see how would he be a loss to the game MK Eagle? He is not in the same league of an A.Johns, Lockyer, Thurston, SB Williams, Slater, Cronk or even C.Lyons....

lsz said:
MK i read it as an off season thing? Do you think there is more to it?

If he can break his contract will depart immediately mate.
Will really blow up next few days & even if he is to uphold his contract, never a good thing having unhappy players at a club. Though a magician at times he has to WANT to play or is a massive liability as proven in the past - a loss/loss situation for the Tigers.

silver said:
blah blah blah... no player will ever be a loss to the game as someone else always steps up. They said that about Lockyer when he left, Folau, Money Bill Williams, all the defectors to ARU etc etc.

Benji 'the footy show' Marshall is over-rated and over paid for what he gives to his team. Plus he is sh*t on TV - captian obvious on his insights and about as funny as a fart in a elevator.

let him go! How is he a loss to the game? what does he give it besides self promotion? I don't see how would he be a loss to the game MK Eagle? He is not in the same league of an A.Johns, Lockyer, Thurston, SB Williams, Slater, Cronk or even C.Lyons....
All opinion really Silver - if you look at outstanding moments of football genius & natural ability over the past 7 years Marshall would make plenty of the footage imo. Overrated - well he does not defend great & is not consistent like the Johns standard but ability - up with the best for mine.
If he go's I wont lose sleep but if I was watching Tigers vs Dogs / Storm its Marshall I would be waiting for to create the points to win the game 42-40. He is a dynamic player, who like Quaide Cooper from Yawnion or Chriss Judd from AFL defecting to another code its a loss - personally only concerned if it was a Seaeagles player but it simply is a loss for the NRL.

silver said:

OK, I take serious issue with this post.

Everyone here knows damn well farts in lifts are funny !

Tigers????

More like kitty cats!

Just released: - Tigers defensive structure training:

k1Fyd.gif

You blokes love hanging a guy based on newspaper article with no quotes from said player !! Thought a lesson or 2 may have been learnt through the whole Stewart,Foran,DCE fiascos last season but clearly not

On Marshall himself, the way he is portrayed and thought of is a mile away from the person he actually is from what I have been told, and through reading his book

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/now-hopoate-looks-to-japan-20121117-29iwn.html

WILL HOPOATE is the latest big name NRL player eyeing off a stint in Japanese rugby.
His manager, Tyran Smith, has revealed he is preparing to present a proposal to Hopoate's Parramatta coach Ricky Stuart that would allow the former NSW State of Origin star a chance to get ''match fit'' by playing Japanese rugby before he returns to rugby league from his Mormon mission in 2014.

..."Of course, just to get match fit...he'll obv play for nothing." (GE)

globaleagle said:
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/now-hopoate-looks-to-japan-20121117-29iwn.html

WILL HOPOATE is the latest big name NRL player eyeing off a stint in Japanese rugby.
His manager, Tyran Smith, has revealed he is preparing to present a proposal to Hopoate's Parramatta coach Ricky Stuart that would allow the former NSW State of Origin star a chance to get ''match fit'' by playing Japanese rugby before he returns to rugby league from his Mormon mission in 2014.

..."Of course, just to get match fit...he'll obv play for nothing." (GE)
What about the chance he picks up a season ending injury?

LOL..

I'm super glad we let him go then. Parra are mad to spend $800k? on a player who hasn't played for 2 years. He'll get there but it'll take 2 years to get back to where he was.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6