Benji "The face of rugby league" in trouble again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Benji "The face of rugby league" in trouble again

Apparently after the allstars match Benji was on a flight back to sydney when he allegedly made lurid remarks and foul language about a woman.

It's only been reported now because the person who made the complaint didn't recognise him until he was featured heavily in the media after his alleged assault charge.

Let's see what Gallop does if in fact he is proven guilty.

Re: Benji "The face of rugby league" in trouble again

If that had been reported about Brett, does anyone doubt Gallop would have prejudged, paced the hallway for 3 hours at 3am, and given him another 4 week suspension - whilst publicly attacking the club and player?

From what I could read into it,poor little benji was gobsmacked,and has been issued an apology.Maybe I read it wrong,but that would seem about par for the course for the little s**t.

Rex link said:
If that had been reported about Brett, does anyone doubt Gallop would have prejudged, paced the hallway for 3 hours at 3am, and given him another 4 week suspension - whilst publicly attacking the club and player?

Watch this get swept under the carpet.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299887060[/time]

ayjay007 link said:
From what I could read into it,poor little benji was gobsmacked,and has been issued an apology.Maybe I read it wrong,but that would seem about par for the course for the little s**t.

Does double demerits apply?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/marshall-in-trouble-again/story-e6frfgbo-1226020026325

"We have reinforced that message and we have apologised to the woman for any offence that she and her daughter felt." Tigers chief executive Steve Humphreys contacted Marshall and his Tigers teammate Liam Fulton, who was also on the flight.

"Both of them were very surprised that any of the players' behaviour on that flight caused concern," he said.

"Benji was gobsmacked at the suggestion. If anything was overheard, we unreservedly apologise."

Strongly reminiscent of what Gallop claimed was an admission of guilt by Manly justifying the $100k fine?

Oh please, beat it up. This will be some old prude who heard Benji swearing and thinks her 12 year old daughter has never heard people dropping f-bombs before. This stinks of a media beat up jumping on an existing media beat up. Get over it.

Captain of the Gate link said:
Oh please, beat it up. This will be some old prude who heard Benji swearing and thinks her 12 year old daughter has never heard people dropping f-bombs before. This stinks of a media beat up jumping on an existing media beat up. Get over it.

Off course, this is a media beat-up but so was Brett's saga which Gallop acted on.

give him 6 weeks for dropping the f-bomb
10 weeks if it was the c-bomb

Joke of a story, but it does serve to AGAIN illustrate how Gallop was wrong with Stewart.

David would of course say it would not be "apples with apples" to compare the two issues.  Marshall was merely accused of punching a member of the public in the head and objectying a woman in front of a minor.  These are minor offences, much like Todd Carney "inadvertantly" drink driving.

Stewart's conduct (being allegedly refused service at a bar for intoxication), based on the penalties handed down, was the worst off field conduct engaged in by a rugby league player in the past 100 years or so.

Perhaps Stewart should have done the responsible thing and driven home before he was kicked out of a bar.

hey guys how about building a bridge and getting over it the more you carry on and make comparisons the more it hangs around maybe the idiot gallop acted in haste back then and now realises that justice must take its coarse before the execution of punishment  I am sure that brett does not want all this **** being printed and being brought up all the time. if he has litigation pending re this all this verbal **** will not help so how about giving it a break and lets see brett regain his spot as the number  one fullback especialy tonight against the pretender
I mean no offence with this comment as we can all speak our minds in this country thank god but we cannot change what happened to brett and the idiot gallop will never say sorry so lets win and take the prize at the end of the season manly to win in 2011  time to regain the title

Is this story any worse then the "too drunk to remember" beat up about Brett ?? Suck it up Benji....but never fear Double Standard David will cover your back.

re the idiot gallop to whom does he answer too ? no one he makes the rules decides the punishment then crawls back into his hole and as stated before that word litigation is foremost in his mind.  how does the boss sack himself i do not think this will happen anyway who gives a stuff what these other idiot players do as long as we remain clean skins and gallop will leave us lone

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6