Benji Marshall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I read the Telecrap journo, Paul Crawley, is saying the NRL should not worry about the salary cap and encourage a club to sign Marshall.
What a jerk, and what a stupid argument.
He's advocating bending the rules to enable this code-hopper to return . .. yet nothing about trying to retain loyal, long-serving RL players like Gift by giving clubs some salary cap relief.
I can't believe this guy is so misguided.

Read that article. What a joke. Gifty should have used the magic "rugby" word and the NRL would have fallen over themselves to help him stay

globaleagle said:
Maybe he could do an interview on tv wearing a nrl jersey whilst still contracted to the bulls?

Someone could have a jumper made for him that he could appear in showing every club who is supposedly interested. Kinda like the one Phil Blake has that shows every club he played for.

A mate just told me that Benji will sign for the club closest to the Ch 9 studios, to help with his post football career.
Makes sense. Probably rules out Melbourne.

His wife does a radio show over here, and it was amusing to listen to her today as some news came out of a Benji press conference stating that the release is now official that she knew absolutely nothing about

He will still have plenty to offer to an NRL side, interestingly 1 of this last games last season for the Tigers they played him in the centres and he was outstanding.

Always find it weird as well when people rattle on about how arrogant the guy is etc, couldn't be further from the truth

Mitch said:
I remember Benji saying before he left league that he would never play against the Tigiers in the NRL, let's see if he sticks to those words. 3 months into the season and he isn't willing to stick it out any longer, probably should of thought about that prior to signing.
Yeah, i remember that too, all he has to do is tell coach 'he cant play that week, corked brain thigh'. I'm sure Sticky or Craig or whoever will take that on face value, you know, cause its BENJI. :p

Seems strongest rumour is Sharks, but where would he play?

Kiwi Eagle said:
His wife does a radio show over here, and it was amusing to listen to her today as some news came out of a Benji press conference stating that the release is now official that she knew absolutely nothing about

He will still have plenty to offer to an NRL side, interestingly 1 of this last games last season for the Tigers they played him in the centres and he was outstanding.

Always find it weird as well when people rattle on about how arrogant the guy is etc, couldn't be further from the truth

No one mentions him for fullback

His running game is his best asset, he can pass (obviously being NZ 5/8)

He'd be one of the best at fullback.

Oddly, I'd like to see him come back and do well somewhere. I'm one of those who has branded him as arrogant in the past but his talent was unique.

I got the feeling in the last few years he just got bored with the game, constantly being spotted and hammered by every opposition and playing in struggling teams. If he was motivated he is young enough to do well, but the question is how motivated is he?

There's a lot more better players than what I am."

This was from marshal re his stint in union. Does not sound arrogant to me

lsz said:
There's a lot more better players than what I am."

This was from marshal re his stint in union. Does not sound arrogant to me

Doesn't sound arrogant at all.

He sounds like he could make yet another top line channel 9 commentator.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Seems strongest rumour is Sharks, but where would he play?

Probably to replace an aging Robson or the out of form Carney.

Not surprised to see the sharks being favorites, the West Cronulla Tiger Sharks including Andrew Fifita, Bryce Gibbs, Blake Ayshford, Chris Heighington, Beau Ryan and John Morris.

I'll bet anyone a Big Mac that Darren Lockyer's a better player than Benji. Seriously though Marshall largely tried to play non-contact Rugby League over the past couple of years and was unwilling to put his body on the line.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6