1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benji free to play?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Aug 27, 2012.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Copped a grade one careless high tackle and will get off with early guilty plea. I wonder how Travis Burns feels now?

If you're a golden-haired boy such as Benji you get off, if it were Matai do you think he would have gotten off so easily? I doubt it.

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Was nothing in it, only saw 1 replay of it but I'm not even sure contact was made with Maria's head

3. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    That's because Matai gets charged all the time.

If it was Foran or DCE they'd get the same as Benji.

4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    What you're saying Volley is that they charge based on their preconceptions of the player, not on the incident itself.

If so the players like Matai get hit with a loading twice, maybe three times if it influences an innocent/guilty verdict in any way.

5. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,400 / 130
    Nothing in it, another good judiciary decision IMO.

6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    If some is continually charged with drink driving do you think they should be penalised more severely than a first time offender?

7. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I thought common law said a man shouldn't have evidence from his previous similar offenses weighed against him with new charges

8. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    evidence no, but conviction yes.

and yeah I know Matai is often not found guilty.

9. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    I cant believe he is free to play. I thought he'd be on at least 500k per year.

10. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Hi Rex, Garts answered for me.

I think Matai would get the same charge, but loading would increase his punishment.
    [hr]

As fro said, guilt from prior offences can't be used to prove guilt of a new charge, but it can be used in sentencing.

11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    That's why he's free to play. Will take the early guilty plea and be free to play this weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  12. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,516 / 50
    Benji should get charged with inflated ego loading.

13. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Of course he'll play, Politus paid Rooster CEO who is best mates with Benjis hairdresser. Now the Hairdresser ducks out for coffee at his local cafe and the barista there serves and passes the cheque on to one of the spun out judiciary panel members.

In three weeks time Benefitji and Count Mini will be wining and dining with their trophy wags laughing at this whole situation.