1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benefit of the #@%$ing doubt

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Utility Player, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    The ability of the sight impaired video tool is gonna cost someone sooner rather than later.

2. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Haha, was a terrible decision. Clearly touching the ball at the same time as his foot was out.

3. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Was about to start a thread "benefit of the BS". Absolute joke. The guy (merrit) had foot down clearly touching the ground - no benefit - crap. To cap it off i took Seaeagles 9+ at halftime with Rooters 1-12 & was ready to collect $300 - glad it wasn't $30,000 or i'd be blowing up big times. Glad it wasn't the old sob story at full time that this or that cost us & the boys dug in to win by a margin - lost the bet but happy to collect 2 more points. :)

4. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Yeah and by far these dodgy video refs decisions go against manly. Even the other tries the video ref kept looking at clear cut situations just trying to find a way to deny manly. It's a disgrace. I just hope this does not cost us a premiership.

5. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    If that "try" features in any end of year best of footage it will astound me.
    They would not be game to show such a blatant foobar as a great moment of the year.

6. MK Eagle

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Been saying this for a while - not just Manly but someone will lose a vital game by seasons end from a bad call. Better off getting a drunk from a corner pub who understands common sense - watched the game with my old man who at best could see his beer & was wondering why it took so long to award Foran his try & allow that no try - hope its not us who cops it come the big games.

7. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  8. MK Eagle

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Wish his pore hit the red button so i got my cash BE haha
    :p

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Woeful call. Do these morons in the box watch different footage then the rest of us ??

10. ando

ando Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    what did the ch9 commentators say about the decision?

11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Gus ans Sterlo weren't impressed with it.

Rabs was meh

12. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    How was the ball being kicked dead before that and the peanut refs taking the piss out of the Manly players

13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    Rabs is seriously starting to lose it as an accurate caller. He's no spring chicken.

14. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    I thought both of Souths first half "trys" shouldn't have been awarded. There are BOD decisions where you think it's a 50/50 call and could go either way and there are ones that if there's any doubt it should go to the defensive side..... those two were a case in point.

15. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    ref's sleeve sponsor - OPSM

use the free vouchers they send you Billy Harragon

16. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    He is spending too much of his time trying to invent witty replies to the Tony Greg/Bill Lawry niggling routine with Gus.

Someone needs to whisper in his ear about the fact that the joke was worn out some time back.

17. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    The penalty against choc for the 2 point leveller was ridiculous not only did choc not do anything suttor completely made up a new rule. To chocs credit he doesn't argue anymore and just got on with it

18. ssar

ssar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 4
    Yea, that was a no try.
    As soon as I saw the 1st replay I was sure his foot was on the ground out whilst his hand on the ball.
    The abc commentators agreed, it looked out.
    So glad we scored a couple of tries later to get well in front.

19. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I had a good go @ -13.5. I was screaming about how the Souf's ref love-childs just kept getting the rub of the green. Deadset, just way too many idiotic decisions. I am stunned I collected. Take two tries off the bunnies and that reflected the difference. Killer was off target and so was DCE with general kicks. On reflection we owned them.

20. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Can't even give BOD that the video ref wasn't drunk.

The three Manly players nearby all immediately and spontaneously point to the deadball line after the kickoff clearly hit it. The ref is informed that the ballmark is still on the deadball line where it bounced. And the ref can't be bothered to walk even 15 metres to check it out for himself, first-hand. That's the difference in professionalism between tennis umpires and NRL referees.