Ben Matulino

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
I know there has been discussion on Matulino possibly leaving New Zealand and bits and pieces linking us, this was from today's Lurker column:

Warrior on the way out

Warriors prop Ben Matulino to Manly? The Sea Eagles are denying it but the whispers persist.

On the outer across the ditch, big Ben would be a good pick-up for any club.

I still think he'll be forced out of the Warriors and I still think his destination is at manly, if so it'd be a very, very good signing.

One more piece to the puzzle!
Certainly is, could be a very big piece of that puzzle should his form return.

We seem to be banking on that at the moment aren't we, with players like Uate and Matulino (if actually in our sights) needing to return to form. If we do bring these types of players back to form, if all goes right, then I'd say very little would be needed to bring us back to threats again. But if they fail we could be stuck with a few more Nate Myles...

The whispers are basically this forum. Don't get your hopes up and be pleasantly surprised if it happens, not bothered if it doesn't.
The more we speculate here and select him in YARTs, the more the rumour grows, and the more likely he will come. Self-fulfilling prophecy. Right?

You called it! Hahahah

I love rumours, they keep me going when the season is dead but tupou, surely that's taking it too far, right?!

Knowing my luck that'd probably be the only rumour to come true but for now, no, just no. :lipssealed:
I'd take a tall winger with speed who can catch over Uate, even if he does have some defensive issues. He made us look silly in 2013.

I'd take a tall winger with speed who can catch over Uate, even if he does have some defensive issues. He made us look silly in 2013.
I would actually take Uate over Tupou as I feel Tupou's peak is far worse then that of Uate, both out of form but if we were to bring one back to their best I'd pick Uate. When Tupou was at his best he just seemed to lack power and only seemed to have a good finish on him, with a lack of getting himself involved until some special leap at the tryline that occurred once or twice every few weeks. Uate's peak however saw him get involved up the middle and saw him create something out of nothing with more speed on him than Tupou could ever reach. It's an interesting match up those two, with Uate'suate's weakness definately the high ball whereas that is Tupou's one and in my opinion only strength, you may see otherwise and I'd like to see the same but I just can't see it in him.

I would actually take Uate over Tupou as I feel Tupou's peak is far worse then that of Uate, both out of form but if we were to bring one back to their best I'd pick Uate. When Tupou was at his best he just seemed to lack power and only seemed to have a good finish on him, with a lack of getting himself involved until some special leap at the tryline that occurred once or twice every few weeks. Uate's peak however saw him get involved up the middle and saw him create something out of nothing with more speed on him than Tupou could ever reach. It's an interesting match up those two, with Uate'suate's weakness definately the high ball whereas that is Tupou's one and in my opinion only strength, you may see otherwise and I'd like to see the same but I just can't see it in him.
Some nice observations there Harry; however, I think given Topou is 4 years younger, he might have more speed in the legs at this point in their respective careers.

A tall winger under the high ball will give us something we haven't had in years, and both have defensive issues in general play - so it's a tie in that respect.

Some nice observations there Harry; however, I think given Topou is 4 years younger, he might have more speed in the legs at this point in their respective careers.

A tall winger under the high ball will give us something we haven't had in years, and both have defensive issues in general play - so it's a tie in that respect.
Certainly is, good point. He definately would have lost a considerable amount of speed, hopefully he's like Usain Bolt and is getting faster at 28... Ok perhaps not @:D

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6