Ben Hunt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
FB_IMG_1444101036019.jpg

He's a good kid and plays rugby league in the right spirit. Not as good as DCE, but has really played his role well in the Brisbane team.
He deserves no criticism for the dropped ball, every player has done it, just bad luck with the occasion. I thought he took a bit of a look at the oncoming traffic with the corner of his eye.
I hope he recovers well and gets on with it.
NYEagle

Poor Ben.

Give away a penalty to let in a try ... check
Drop a kick off from a nuffer called Kyle ... check
Watch Thurston kick his team to a premiership.. priceless.

**** Hunt, for once you can actually say someone really did lose a grand final all by themselves.

And the cane toads want him over DCE ? laughable.

One thing. I can't stand the donkeys and all things associated with them. Hunt had a GF shocker.
Wolfie had one in 2013.
Hunt's senior players rallied to support the bloke. Ours harshly criticised our player - from what I hear, and this led to a massive loss in confidence.
No player deliberately stuffs up in a GF but they might need some support to help pick themselves up after a shocker.
It's a shame that Wolfie never regained his confidence.
Hunt will be fine I reckon.

joeystoner2.jpg

Hunt put in plenty of practice but in hindsight maybe he should have used a real ball.

Hunt was a big reason why Brisbane got into the Grand Final.

While he probably dropped the Grand Final in the last minute, his team mates can shoulder some of the blame for not shutting down the Cowboys last play. There were a few times they could've come in and wrapped the ball up before it got out to Morgan but sat back and let them throw it around.

At least he is young and will probably get a premiership in the next few years. Hopefully not against us though!

I don't remember anyone feeling sorry for wolfmans handling errors in the 2013 GF.So why should we feel sorry for hunt.
Compounding Wolfie's problem was the nasty and sustained attack on him by the Media.
Those "Where's the Wolfman' parody articles, of a person at the lowest point in his life, make a mockery of the RUOK Campaign that the same Media purport to support @:mad:

All the Media coverage is sympathetic to Hunt. The fact that he made 2 crucial errors after his spear tackle, that led to the Cows equalizing and subsequently winning, is a byline in all articles :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4