1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Farrar

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Manly To Win!, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 2
    http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/29473/broncos-add-trio

The Londoners have snapped up former Catalan Dragons utility back Ben Farrar, re-signed threequarter Jamie O'Callaghan and taken St Helens prop Carl Forster on a month's loan.

The 27-year-old Farrar played for North Queensland and Manly before having a season with the Dragons in Super League in 2011.

He returned to the Sea Eagles in 2012 but endured two injury-riddled seasons and will be looking to get his career back on track in the English capital.

He is the nephew of former Wigan Warriors centre Andrew Farrar, who was on Friday appointed as New South Wales team manager for the 2014 State of Origin Series.

I'm glad he's found himself a home, there was no chance he'd get first grade here again unfortunately

2. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,616 / 113
    Good on him. Always felt he was underrated myself. That Knee Injury first game back from England was always going to be hard to fight back from the poor kid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,694 / 27
    He had real good utility value. Could never see him quite replacing one of our backline, but always there to cover, and did a good job when required.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Good luck to him - NRL is just beyond his level unfortunately :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5
    I'm happy for him. At 27 he's too young to call it quits. I recall his season-ending injury when he couldn't play for a year or so and then couldn't return to his previous form. Good luck to him - he deserves it.

6. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    Sorry to see Astro Boy go but good luck to him in sunny England!

7. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,307 / 51
    It is a smart move for him. His chances of getting game time in the first team are really going to be restricted now. We have the depth to cover full back and wing.

He was a reliable player before he got hurt and I do hope it goes well for him in the UK.

8. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    any recurrence of knee in soggy wet England, which would be hard on knees, joints, imo, will see his career over.