Ben Barba suspended indefinitely

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
Everyone in the media are falling over themselves with gushing praise for Greenburg and the way he "handled" himself. Please, all I heard was rhetoric and cliches. He has all the credibility of a rat with a gold tooth.
They are not wrong about the way Greenburg handles himself mate. This bloke cant keep his hand off it :D

1071929.jpg

Hughes from Talkin **** let the cat out of the bag. Basically without saying it Barba is being "counselled" by the club to work through his "problem" HOWEVER it was very close to him getting booted.
If it wasn't a superstar freak player like Barba but instead a fringe first grader or a lower grader they would have been straight out the door no questions. Greenturd is gutter slime and I wouldn't trust a word that comes out of that pricks mouth.

Ange said:
Where is Des - when he was with us he backed his players in the media constantly - not so with the Dogs - wasnt around when they lost the GF, wasn't around with their end of year drama & not around now.

Todd has probably put a muzzle on Des.

Personal issues?

"We thought termination was the easy way out and simply throwing him out on the street is not the way we do our business," he said.
Greenberg

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-stand-down-ben-barba-indefinitely/story-fnca0von-1226585272226

The media seek to type cast you as hero or villain. Black hat or white. There are no greys. Currently he's still hero it seems.

The problem with the "Face of the Game" term used by the NRL is that instead of having one player as the face, they should have a player from each team as "The Faces of the Game" that way, the media can't target just one player if one of them breaks down.

Yes, a lot of us aren't fans of Ben Barba, but instead of relating this problem to the Stewart case, lets all move on as one, as rugby league fans to show that we support every player in the NRL when times are tough, to help them get through personal and public stuff, because at the end of the day, we are all just human beings.

I'll reserve my support (or not) until it's proven if he's innocent or guilty. I'm not going to support him unconditionally just because he's a footballer.

Greenberg was a walkie talkie carrying stadium manager nobody who boasted to everyone and anyone in league circles about having Hasler signed sealed and delivered half way through our season while denying it totally in public.

As for Barba I too will wait till we find out a lot more before judging him.He seems like a good young bloke on the surface and I hope it is media speculation and no more.However,if he did bash his girlfriend he is scum-no ifs,no buts.

In a general sense just because these guys are footballers does not mean that their "issues"" caused them to assault a woman and we should feel for them and the pressures they face .They should be jailed for a long time like every other coward who does it.It is pretty simple really.

Intriguing situation....The Bulldogs fast acting and very coded.
This guy's is pretty much the golden boy of the game atm.
Todd Greenberg is an extremely shifty operator. I hold him in very high suspicion regarding this situation.

Ben Barba is a talented young player so I hope he can sort out whatever personal problems he has and get back on the field so Manly can smash him.
[attachment=422]

Attachments

• NRL+Qualifying+Final+1+Bulldogs+v+Sea+Eagles+3f08HI3V7Tzl.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 11
If this is a domestic violence situation and the club has come out with this protective smokescreen then it will backfire big time.

Earnie the Eagle said:
The night on the town in Goulburn after the Scumdogs loss on Sat night might have been the straw that broke the camels back, it was the talk around town today.

Get yourself sorted lad, I want my Eagles to put the cleaners through the scumdogs with a full squad, that way there will be no excuses.

He didn't really get up to much, mostly him DCE & Buhrer kept to themselves

Earnie the Eagle said:
Ceagle said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
The night on the town in Goulburn after the Scumdogs loss on Sat night might have been the straw that broke the camels back, it was the talk around town today.

Get yourself sorted lad, I want my Eagles to put the cleaners through the scumdogs with a full squad, that way there will be no excuses.

He didn't really get up to much, mostly him DCE & Buhrer kept to themselves

Were you there at the Workers Club in Goulburn on Saturday night?

No I was in Manly

I really don't get that if it is all personal issues and no laws have been broken why the club wouldn't just grant leave rather than suspension. Seems pre emotive to me.

The news said he got into a spouse with Tim Browne at training.

What happened in goulburn, and I wonder what cherry and buhrer were doing there?

Earnie, are you from goulburn?

I lived/worked there from jan-june 2011. Seen a few manly fans about and gave them a salute. Could have been you!!

Is the Hibernian still opened?

joeboy said:
I really don't get that if it is all personal issues and no laws have been broken why the club wouldn't just grant leave rather than suspension. Seems pre emotive to me.

The news said he got into a spouse with Tim Browne at training.

What happened in goulburn, and I wonder what cherry and buhrer were doing there?

Delete all reference, Barber was in Manly, so I now have to wonder who I was abusing during the game.

Napper said:
Earnie, are you from goulburn?

I lived/worked there from jan-june 2011. Seen a few manly fans about and gave them a salute. Could have been you!!

Is the Hibernian still opened?

Yeh mate the Hibo is still here, under new ownership. It could have been me, was I upright?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2