1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Barba suspended indefinitely

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Peter C, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Just heard on the radio Ben Barba suspended for disciplinary reasonsby the Dogs.
    http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/Ben-Barba-Stood-Down-Indefinitely/68872

• Like Like x 3
  2. Andyvb88

Andyvb88 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yeah heard that too. Wonder what he has done?

3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,409 / 130
    Must be in big strife.

He is just about the biggest star in the game these days.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dan79

Dan79 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    Would expect a 4 week suspension to be handed down from the league any moment now. He is definitely guilty of all crimes.
    ( let me know what he did asap, so my statement doesn't look out of place)

5. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Bulldogs suspend superstar Barba by: Phil Rothfield and Dean Ritchie
    February 25, 2013 11:55AM

DALLY M champion Ben Barba has been suspended by the Bulldogs.

The club today posted a statement on its website revealing behaviour issues were behind the decision.

The statement read:

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have today confirmed that Ben Barba will be suspended indefinitely from all contractual duties until further notice.

The Club has also advised the National Rugby League today that Ben will not participate in the NRL’s season launch on Wednesday night where he was due to officially open the 2013 season.

The decision to suspend Ben indefinitely comes after the Club was informed of a number of behavioural issues.

“Whilst we all know the undoubted on-field attributes and abilities that Ben displays, we must always maintain our focus on the more important issues of personal development and accountability,” Chief Executive Officer Todd Greenberg said.

“It is our hope that the media and the many rugby league fans understand and respect the need for privacy in order for Ben and his family to make the relevant adjustments that are required for him to return to the playing field.”

Please find below a statement from Ben Barba in relation to his indefinite suspension from all duties with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs:

“Today is a very difficult day for me as I feel I’ve let my family, children, Club and supporters down.

“My issues relate to seeking help for personal issues that I face day to day.

“I’m incredibly sad to be stepping aside as I’ve been so blessed with what’s happened to me over the past few years, but I feel as though I would be wearing a mask if I didn’t confront the matters I’ve been dealing with until now.

“I feel it is best to deal with these problems front on and I believe that by doing so this will make me a better person and player in the future.

“This will be a step by step process for me and whilst I hope to return to football soon, I hope that through this next period you can respect my privacy so that sooner rather than later I can return to playing rugby league as best I can.

“When I do, I hope that everybody sees a better person.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-suspend-superstar-barba/story-fndujljl-1226584977056

6. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    The curse of the Face of the NRL strikes again....and could not happen to a bigger club of grubs....Hi Dessie having a good day.

You watch the media get behind this guy....

7. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    they,ll sweep it under the carpet,he doesnt play for Manly,so he,ll be fine,and Greenburg wants privacy for the matter,hahahaha,good luck

8. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    I bet his suspension ends by Round 1 - yes the face of NRL is definetely cursed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Watch Rothtool and Ritchie try and keep a lid on it. Hey, phil and dean how much privacy did you give Brett?

10. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Awesome! I hope it's serious and it derails their season before it starts.

11. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    Given recent announcements I just wonder do we have our first high profile casualty??

12. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    I would hope the media has learnt from the Brett case

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    Yes Isz but bet they haven't!!

The media will be all over this, even Slothfield and Co will not be able to protect him.

14. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Fox Sports News were just talking about it. Compared Dessie & Manly going heavy on NRL for suspending Snake & now we have Dessie & Dogs doing same themselves.

Completely different circumstances.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    He recently split with his long term partner/mother of his children as well.

Behavioural issues is a cryptic description. Be interesting to see what comes of it.

Big loss for the Dogs though, especially if he is out for any length of time. Not that I'm losing sleep over that of course.

16. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    lets not kick the lad while he is down and be patient enough for it all to come out before we judge.

17. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Im waiting to hear that Billy Slater has been suspended or banned for some type of serious transgression & Martina has withdrawn from giving him tongies each morning when he wakes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    lets not kick the lad while he is down and be patient enough for it all to come out before we judge.

19. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Despite the rumours a few weeks ago, I don't think this suspension is related to the recent scandals in australian sport.

20. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Gambling at centre of Barba drama
    11:55AM Josh Massoud, Phil Rothfield and Dean Ritchie GAMBLING and a recent split with his long term partner are the reasons for Canterbury's decision to indefinitely suspend Ben Barba

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl

• Like Like x 1