Been reading about the USNRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
And it seems it's going to be on the cusp of creating a niche market (Niche Market's in the US are quite big - think Major League Soccer). Perhaps Manly needs to sit down with another team and organise a trial(I said Trial not taking a competition game away from Brookie) there somewhere down the future.

This I think this will do few things
a) some brownie points with the NRL (I don't like them, but meh) and helps them out getting a better TV deal which in turn help's us by bigger TV deal meaning more money for the club.
b) grow's our brand to an International brand a little more.

Copa Eagle link said:
Gridiron,Baseball,Basketball,Hockey,Soccer, league has no chance !

They've done it quite smart actually, they put the season between the major sports so it doesn't clash and compete with them.
Also the Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL) have a pretty good relationship with the Jacksonville Axemen (AMNRL)

i like that idea about spreading the sea eagles  brand  over there...  we get our foot  in there 1st we will have 1st pick of all talent lol..;D.. plus i reckon if you could interest them, by about 50yrs they will be ok on the intrenational scene we need to add(help/out)more countries & encourage them i also think the russians could be ok(they are tough) but they will take longer than 50 yrs ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289026204[/time]

the more countries we encourage & they progress means better world cups & international tours..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289026746[/time]

i suppose it boils down to wether they can encourage juniors to try it .. because its the juniors they need to be targeting , they should start a junior  type program because only then will rugby league spread to the countries .. no use really getting 18-19 20-22-23-24 yr olds just trying it out for the 1st time in their life they need to know it as kids  & how to play it..

yeah im sitting here drinking i was just thinking about it..

jjai link said:
i like that idea about spreading the sea eagles  brand  over there...  we get our foot  in there 1st we will have 1st pick of all talent lol..;D.. plus i reckon if you could interest them, by about 50yrs they will be ok on the intrenational scene we need to add(help/out)more countries & encourage them i also think the russians could be ok(they are tough) but they will take longer than 50 yrs ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289026204[/time]

the more countries we encourage & they progress means better world cups & international tours..

Russell Crowe took the Rabbitohs over there a couple of year's of ago  and they had an exhibition match against Leeds Rhinos and attracted a descent crowd at Jacksonvillle (mind you it may have a lot to do Russell turning up for the game but then again maybe not apparently a good crowd  turned up a year latter when some other teams played there Salford and someone else and Russ and his celeb mates weren't there). For the life of me I can't see why Russell stopped doing it.
As for the rest of your post mate, I think I may have brain washed you but if they get the backer's that the MLS(i.e ESPN tv deal) gets then I'm thinking within the next 20 - 30 years they'll be in the big 4 (at the moment the big 4 are Australia, New Zealand, England and Wales)

no not brain washed already thought about it  before.. i think if we can encourage america  we can also get canada to tag along they play union as it is although not good , but its because its union lol..

Russia is a big untapped market. Look at the money Roman Abramovich poured into Chelsea. Some of those Russians are tough buggers. I reckon they'd take to league.

jjai link said:
no not brain washed already thought about it  before.. i think if we can encourage america  we can also get canada to tag along they play union as it is although not good , but its because its union lol..

Dan I'm going to need an International part for Rugby League in general......
Canada, USA and Jamaica are going to play a tri series in rugby league  in the next couple of weeks.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289035018[/time]

Moondog link said:
Russia is a big untapped market. Look at the money Roman Abramovich poured into Chelsea. Some of those Russians are tough buggers. I reckon they'd take to league.
I don't know what happened to Russia but at one stage they were playing International's but have kind of fallen off lately. Tim Sheens was their coach at one stage but the Tiger's stopped him from coaching them but somehow they let him coach Australia (what's doing their??)

We already have a relationship with a team in the ANRL, (or is it USNRL) don't we? One of the teams was called the Eagles and wore our colors.

Rusty link said:
We already have a relationship with a team in the ANRL, (or is it USNRL) don't we? One of the teams was called the Eagles and wore our colors.

Unsure if they wear maroon and white but we certainly do have a understanding with a club over there

Rusty link said:
Shane link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185907.msg305106#msg305106 date=1289040039]

Unsure if they wear maroon and white but we certainly do have a understanding with a club over there
[/quote]

Yes the Fairfax Eagles (they do wear the mighty maroon and white). Wouldn't surprise me if they get three division's Eastern, Northern and Western.

Moondog most people aren't aware of this but you could watch rugby league all year round the French season has just started and included in that is the Lord Derby Cup (exactly like the Challenge Cup but in France). If only we had a dedicated Rugby LEague channel.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289046934[/time]

Trust me jjai there's are guy's from the NFL/ College football that are actually trying it (rugby league) . I'm sure if the US were explained the history of Rugby League they would accept it i.e miner's not given a fair go(when they got injured playing Union) when they travelled to the South of England they would embrace it. Another thing is the history of what happen in France during WW2(if you can find a copy of a book called "The Forbidden Game", read it.)

Re: Been reading about the USNRL

The USNRL should be trying to entrench itself into lower income areas of the states. Plenty of incredibly talented athletes don't go to college (more or less ending their NFL/NBL/MLB careers before they get off the ground) & they would be great recruits for the league.

Not to mention if done well it could get a lot of kids off the street & perhaps onto a better path in life.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4