Beck and Buzz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Excess baggage that will only weigh down that is best forgotten and never spoken of again, but that’s only my personal view.

Agree to all above sentiments about his bad influence on the team, but just imagine if he could get his attitude right. What a forward pack we would have.

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Stewart

Bench: Gulavao, Rose, Kite , Mason

As a Carlton supporter it has been a huge relief to see them offload the Willie Mason of the AFL to the chumps in Brisbane.  I'd hate to see Manly fall into the same trap.  We know the nature of this fellow and he clearly doesn't have the character to change.  But his toxicity could poison our next generation.

You would hope that any toxicity he still possesses would be belted out of him by Des and Singe.

Sign him for that extra $40K with strict conditions then depending on performance/attitude decide what to do with him at the end of the year...

The only upside I see is that if he is signed then we will have sh!tloads to talk/complain about on this site.

I shotgun Mason as my whipping boy in 2010. Hands off DSM  8)

You can have him Jatz.  I think he should be signed on a oily rag with conditions.  If he stuffs up then goodbye.  Just look at Pepi's pack and it looks very good.

Mcatmos link said:
You would hope that any toxicity he still possesses would be belted out of him by Des and Singe.
  He's of the ilk that the more authoritarian stance taken with him, the more he undermines leadership.  Putting the yoke on this fellow Des style is just likely to make him whinge behind cupped hands.    He must have some convict blood in him. 

Wilstyles is on the money for me in this topic

On the issue of his form, it was actually quite good in a badly beaten pack the last 6-8 weeks of last season

Wow, way to bring a girl down.Yesterday I was all excited reading about Brett's sizzling form then I read this........ :mad:
My 2 cents worth - he isn't a team player, would be a bad influence on the younger players, can't see him taking direction too well and as said earlier, be  very destabilising overall.
Please let this story just be a G-Up...(crossing fingers & toes......)

never really been a big fan.. but i think 1 bad egg wont spoil the rest.

If anything the spirit in our squad.. our coach.. everything that has made us successful in the last few years.. will rub off on him.

He would give us depth and if hes not performing drop him.. If hes cheap i think hes worth the gamble. Not more than 50-100k imo.

Dessie can get him firing.

If we can get him on the cheap and with the crap going on the papers - I think he will be itching to prove the critics wrong - if he fails then he plays in Qld cup - either way I would give him go (if on the cheap)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Wilstyles is on the money for me in this topic

On the issue of his form, it was actually quite good in a badly beaten pack the last 6-8 weeks of last season

I agree with them,

and the one thing Mason does have is an ultra big ego and you'd have to think he has a very big point to prove, he'll know his next deal / ability to get a new deal will be very much dependent on his form this year (both on and off the field), at 100 – 150K he has the potential to be one of the buy's of the season if he gets it together on and off the field and he'll be desprate to do that.

Yes, he has some ability, and every now and again he shows it. But not often enough. He's also a prize wanker. I'd be horrified to see him in a Manly jumper.

Matabele link said:
As a Carlton supporter it has been a huge relief to see them offload the Willie Mason of the AFL to the chumps in Brisbane.  I'd hate to see Manly fall into the same trap.  We know the nature of this fellow and he clearly doesn't have the character to change.  But his toxicity could poison our next generation.
As a Western Bulldogs supporter it has been a huge laugh to me to watch the Blues shoot themselves in the foot time after time.... get rid of Fevola and then three players get arrested after a night on a club pre Christmas booze cruise...looks like there were more tools than just Fevola at the club...could be worse - I'd hate to be in Andrew Lovetts postion right now.
For what its worth I think it would be great if the coaching staff took a gamble on Mason- I'm sure they know what they are doing and would managing him accordingly.

And it would be a gamble.

Does everyone recall the public personal attacks Mason has made on teammates and club personnel at the Dogs and Roosters.

I dont know how the coaching staff can control someone who seems most willing to create disruption & display complete disregard for team/club culture & morale whenever it suits him.

There might be an opportunity here to recruit a notable player on the cheap but its most likely a very short term aquisition. Most likely a 1 year contract gamble with potential for longer term issues.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2