1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beaver

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by sue ridgepipe, May 11, 2005.

1. sue ridgepipe

sue ridgepipe Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    does menzies stand a chance of displacing waterhouse at lock for origin?if it is accepted that nsw will play 4 props plus wing and kennedy or watmough as seems likely then the great beaver must probably rid that dirty panther from the side.kennedy seems to be on the bench in rep stuff always at this stage of his carreer so i cant see him starting.i reckon their is a small chance anasta may knock all of them out at lock.big enough,playing great and with rugby knocking at the door.....if beaver was not available i would pick him over waterhouse . on form the legendary beaver should be picked.

2. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Obviously I think he should be picked, but after seeing the Bundy test squad, I wont stick my head out and say that he will. On form he would tear the match up but im not sure how many people have looked past Kennedy and Watmough as far as Manly / Rep spots go. Beavers work, since NE days has most often gone un-noticed but his defencive work in city country will go a long way to helping his cause.

3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Agreed. Beaver is more mobile than Waterhouse and also has utility value to cover a range of positions. It will be up to what Stuart wants one guesses!

4. sue ridgepipe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    following on from that.is wing a certianty.anasta can cover backrow and 5/8 and buderus is an 80 minute man and captian.wing does add that explosiveness off the mark late in the halves which probably gets him over the line but he has been down on form with easts.still,he never lets the side down come this time of tear.as a queenslander i simply hope they make the worst decision possible.

5. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    As long as stuart is the coach and wing is still playing decent footie, he will be there. Sad, but true.

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I think wing will be there

he is the rep version of dunley - not matter what bad stuff he does his good stuff is always considered enough to justify any descisions to have him there (im talking more 2004 dunley)

7. sue ridgepipe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i think dunley has fixed his discipline problem and is an essential element in our attack.we are not a brilliant side,more workmanlike and his spark is invaluable at the moment.

8. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    I'd love to see Beaver get a run, but unfortunately I can't see it happening.

Watch for Joel Monaghan to snag a wing spot. If he doesn't get a run he should sue for breach of contract.

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Team from Game 3 2004

Fullback Anthony Minichiello - Sydney Roosters

Wing Luke Rooney - Penrith Panthers

Centre Matt Cooper - St George Illawarra Dragons

Centre Mark Gasnier - St George Illawarra Dragons

Wing Luke Lewis - Penrith Panthers

Five Eighth Brad Fittler - Sydney Roosters

Half Back Trent Barrett - St George Illawarra Dragons

Lock Forward Shaun Timmins - St George Illawarra Dragons

Second Row Craig Fitzgibbon - Sydney Roosters

Second Row Nathan Hindmarsh - Parramatta Eels

Prop Forward Mark O’Meley - Bulldogs

Hooker Danny Buderus © - Newcastle Knights

Prop Forward Jason Ryles - St George Illawarra Dragons

Interchange Willie Mason - Bulldogs

Interchange Brent Kite - St George Illawarra Dragons

Interchange Ben Kennedy - Newcastle Knights

Interchange Craig Wing - Sydney Roosters

Obviously Fittler, O'Meley and Mason won't be there this year. Also think Timmins will struggle to make side on current form. Bailey in for O'Meley ?? Maybe Anasta / Hill at 5/8 or push Barrett out and play Kimmorely / Finch / Gower at half.

There are a couple of back row spots up for grabs.

10. sue ridgepipe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    timmins retired.kimmorley/barrett certianties.they hate hill for some reason.

11. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    As well as Kite is going for Manly I can't see him in there ahead of Ryles, Bailey and Clinton. (Maybe has a chance as 4th Prop!

12. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Menzies is ahead of Waterhouse in experience and recent form. And who can forget the picture of Waterhouse coming off after 15 minutes game time in Origin One last year and putting hands on knees and gasping for breath.

13. CC_Eagle

CC_Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Beaver pro's -

*Previous experience in Origin and Test.
    *There isn't a more reliable player in the game.
    *A human brick wall
    *Play's 80 minutes.
    *I'm yet to see him ever get penalised and rarely does he make errors.
    *Gus wouldn't shutup about him on Friday night. Here's hoping he has been in Sticky's ear.
    *His C/C game was ouststanding.
    *Current form. Both invidual and team.

Con's -

Beaver for sure!
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed May 11 2005, 08:15PM ]</span>

14. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Beaver deserves the gig.

15. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I would be happy if Beaver misses out (only for selfish Manly reasons) - then he plays for Manly against Parra. Hope they pick Hindmarsh, Grothe and QLD take as many slimes as they can. (Tahu, Riddell, Morrison are unlikely but the more Eels the better the chance to snag our first Friday night win. Work will be unbearable if we lose to them!!!!