1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaver to UK?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ROBBO71, Oct 19, 2005.

1. ROBBO71

ROBBO71 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the Manly Daily this morning.

Talks about not continuing after his current contract. Wonder if the club have had a word in his ear about the need to fit a certain centre into their salary cap for 2007 & they'll need to let someone go to be able to do this?

2. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    He'll be ready for the change by then. Good luck to him. I admire how he rejuvenated his career in 2005.

3. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    And Kennedy is talking about staying on for another year in 2007?

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I would hate to see Beaver go but no player lasts forever.

However I reckon this year will tell the tale. If we are very competitive and build further he may want to stay for another tilt.

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    As much as I love Beaver I believe after another season it would be an ideal time for fresh blood. Having too old blokes in the engine room is akin to having McGrath & Gillespie opening the bowling for Aust. Despite past performances there is probably only room for 1 when the future of the club is considered. Based upon current form BK would the one to continue after 2006.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    That is harsh Wheel. I can't imagine Manly without him !! I loved him as a player as a Bears supporter, love him as a player as a Manly supporter. There's not players that can be like this. The only other player I guess is Hindmarsh.

7. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    That is the reality of professional sport Ryan, I would still love to see Cliffy, Bozo and Wombat running around but time catches up to us all even Beaver.

8. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Ive seen many a film about brithish beaver. I just never thought Id have to watch one I love perform for them.

9. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0