Beaver quits Rep duties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Beaver has quit playing rep footy. To concentrate on club footy.

Well done to Beaver for a top rep career. I think BK coming to the club improved him 30% over the last 2 years. Hopefully his form stays at the same high standard.

Also I think he'll play lock next year.

I'd say Dessie will bow down before Fulton and play Matai @ Lock. Reason:- useless acquisition for 07.

I don't know if people know this, but apparently Jamaal Lolesi was asked to play backrow again this year by Sheens with the release of Harris and co. That forced him to ask for a release of contract, because he thought his body wasn't up to 2 years of it.

Manly now want Matai to do the same. I bit unfair on him I reckon.

Players play where they are told to play. If they cant handle it then they dont belong at our club. Is it unfair that we play Watmough at 2nd row Rhino? 4cm and 1kg difference.

STEVEN MATAI
Position: Centre
DOB: Aug 5 1984
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 94 kg

ANTHONY WATMOUGH
Position: 2nd row
DOB: Jul 10 1983
Height: 181 cm
Weight: 95 kg

JAMAAL LOLESI
Position: Centre, Wing
DOB: Mar 20 1981
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 88 kg

I'd say Dessie will bow down before Fulton and play Matai @ Lock. Reason:- useless acquisition for 07.

I don't know if people know this, but apparently Jamaal Lolesi was asked to play backrow again this year by Sheens with the release of Harris and co. That forced him to ask for a release of contract, because he thought his body wasn't up to 2 years of it.

Manly now want Matai to do the same. I bit unfair on him I reckon.

Geez Ryan, how is that a good comparison?? Lolesi has been playing 1st grade for years, and with not many years left, doesn't think his body is up to the rigours of playing in the forwards.

Matai is young with all the football ahead of him. Many have moved from centre to second row, and doing it at a young ageis the opportune time.

I don't believe Matai will not be a centre for his entire career.

Plus the fact that Lolesi is 6cm taller and 6 kilo lighter than Matai, not a good comparison at all.

Lolesi is only 25ish Barks

I would prefer Matai in the centres tbh, but he could handle lock

He has worked bloody hard to get where he has, and does a lot of **** work in the games anyway, so he would do anythng just to stay in 1sts i reckon

Lolesi is only 25ish Barks

I would prefer Matai in the centres tbh, but he could handle lock

He has worked bloody hard to get where he has, and does a lot of **** work in the games anyway, so he would do anythng just to stay in 1sts i reckon

fair enuff....what's a 25 YO doing saying he wouldn't be up to playing in the forwards if required? Glad manly don't have him.

Matai has to play in the centres.... not because i think he is fantastic, but simply because putting him the back row means putting Lyon in the centre's which means i have to face another year of watching us wander around football fields lacking any kind of attack.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4