Beaver on Footy Show - Manly Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Lowe is concerned about Brookvale crowds i'm pretty sure having Beaver running around in 2011 will solve that problem.

bring back the beaver for any game where we play against Alan Tongue or big Willie Mason.  The banner writers will think it is XMAS. 

The Gronk link said:
bring back the beaver for any game where we play against Alan Tongue or big Willie Mason.  The banner writers will think it is XMAS. 
wat about  the warriors player with the name announce Licky Licky
imagine if he tackled steve

conanu link said:
Can we start a fans group called the Silvertails like the (Thoroughbreds)  and we all pledge $50 to bring back the Beaver and top up his wages. We would not come under the cap as we are a third party sponsor that doesnt sponsor the club. 2500 x $50 is $125,000 surely that would be enough. I would set up the website myself if i knew how to do it.

Mate you'd have no hope. There are Manly fans who won't even stump up the $25.00 for FC membership to help out the long term future of the club so they won't spring $50 for Beaver.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=conanu link=topic=185211.msg292784#msg292784 date=1284081414]
Can we start a fans group called the Silvertails like the (Thoroughbreds)  and we all pledge $50 to bring back the Beaver and top up his wages. We would not come under the cap as we are a third party sponsor that doesnt sponsor the club. 2500 x $50 is $125,000 surely that would be enough. I would set up the website myself if i knew how to do it.

Mate you'd have no hope. There are Manly fans who won't even stump up the $25.00 for FC membership to help out the long term future of the club so they won't spring $50 for Beaver.
[/quote] Arguably Beaver gives far better value than the sandwich club.

True. Maybe they should consider that as a "left field" (from their perspective) way of generating more memberships. They could nominate one player a year that the members pay/subsidise the wages for by way of their membership. Might encourage a few people to sign up if they know their money is being used for a tangible result. Suggest that they don't nominate Chris Bailey though.

The Gronk link said:

Something like "Who needs a Big Willie when you have a Great Beaver"

Chip & Chase link said:
True. Maybe they should consider that as a \"left field\" (from their perspective) way of generating more memberships. They could nominate one player a year that the members pay/subsidise the wages for by way of their membership. Might encourage a few people to sign up if they know their money is being used for a tangible result. Suggest that they don't nominate Chris Bailey though.
  How much money does the FC actually pay into Manly operations?

Cambo link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185211.msg292837#msg292837 date=1284090591]
wat about  the warriors player with the name announce Licky Licky
imagine if he tackled steve

[/quote]

Suitonga Likiliki, has signed with Newcastle

Imagine if Beaver, Tongue, Likiliki and Dykes were all still running around. Can remember Matt Johns on the Footy Show a few years back

"This is the clash I have been waiting for all year, Tongue on Dykes"

Matt Thomas link said:
In case anyone didnt see, Beaver was just interviewed on the Footy show and said he woulkd most definitely be interested in playing another season in the NRL, and that it would be with Manly. Voss then interviewed Lowe who said it won't be happening due to not enough room under the cap (kind of hard to believe when we have a lot of deals which still haven't been confirmed). In any event, Vossy noted that with some of the players we have, surely we would love to have Beaver in there. He suggested that Manly fans, particulary members, email the club and make it known our thoughts  on wanting Menzies back to the club, and that maybe just maybe the club would listen and have him back, maybe through working it out with the NRL, or maybe a 3rd party sponsorship through a consortinum.

Matt I appreciate your enthusiasm and agree 100% with you that having Beaver back would be phenomenal... I think some of our discipline would return, particularly in defence.

Condsidering the club got rid of the member's forum on official website, I don't think they will take much notice of our request(s). They didn't take anything on board before, and resented anything that resembled criticism whether it was a suggestion or contructive.

If Beaver comes back, which i hope he does, It has to be because he really pushes to come back or if they come to their senses themselves.

I think ppl think it's a joke right now-but if Lowe and his cohorts reject steve-it will be at their own peril.
Especially when we have logs in our squad that are not worthy of feeding.

And yes-I cannot believe that official website-they can kiss mine and all the other great fans of this club's ass goodbye!!!!

quinny link said:
I think ppl think it's a joke right now-but if Lowe and his cohorts reject steve-it will be at their own peril.
Especially when we have logs in our squad that are not worthy of feeding.

And yes-I cannot believe that official website-they can kiss mine and all the other great fans of this club's ass goodbye!!!!

i dont think it is a matter of rejecting him.

The stark reality is we favoured player retention this year over new signings. That is completely fair enough in my books and just the way it works sometimes.

Next year we will lose a few players and that will allow us to go out and buy a few key players in positions like Prop etc.

You can't just assume because we don't have any purchases this year that there is not a plan going forward.

What was on the market vs who we needed to retain and who will be available next year.

I don't assume anything-they are a business first and foremost. But the backlash a "conceived" rejection of steve menzies will cause will be catastophic for the club over time. His value in terms of money, sponsorship and club success cannot be measured.
In the world of marketing and cashing in on a fairy tale-they don't get much bigger with our club. And our club is the only one I give a toss about-considering very few others want to go in to bat for us (ie Worst ground facilities in the league)
Sit back and let the goose who layed the GOLDEN EGG slip by........ :-\

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6