Beaver Menzies: Age will not weary him

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
I'll always love Beaver and also Snake - doubles my chances at parties.

Just when I think "Nah....I won't go the Beaver comment", Nicci comes in with a beautie.

Well played.

niccipops said:
I'll always love Beaver and also Snake - doubles my chances at parties.

Enough silly for now. Beaver is an inspiration. Anyone over 35-40 who talks about being too old to participate in things needs to watch current footage of the great Steve Menzies. Love your work Beaver and yes, please come back to Manly! You are a Mighty Sea Eagle and we look forward to your return.

LOL great work Nicci!

Beaver should have a job for life when he returns to Manly.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Noted the old Warhorse wants to come and play at least one season with the Marlins (Manly Rugby Union) when he completes his contract in France. He'll end up competing for longevity with another old warhorse who used to play for the Manly Union team called Miller (cant recall his first name). I think he played for them well into his forties and was as they say tough as teak.

It would however be wonderful if he came back to the Manly club in some player support/coaching role. Such is the high regard he is held in the eyes of footballers and supporters alike, he would enhance the amity within the club by just being there....and don't we need it with the problems we have with the Board.

Defensive coach. Im still yet to see anyone tackle as precise, hard and effective as menzies. Squat, shoulder, wrap. Perfect everytime.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-legend-steve-menzies-still-thriving-at-39/story-e6frexnr-1226493126977

You're quite correct Napper. Menzies, especially in later years, had one of the best defensive styles in the League. Mind you he never had to tackle a huge number per game. For that, you need someone like Ballin, when he retires.

Hire him as a club mentor to all our junior players , this guy is a true champion and an inspiration for fitness , clean living and fair play.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6