Beaver coming back ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Anybody seen that bigpond video with fittler saying Menzies may return to the nrl ? I can't get the video to load at work and was wondering what is said in it. I am a bit mixed if he does come back, would be great to see him again but I loved the fairytale ending he had in 2008

i love beaver, but i dont think it would be right for him to come back to the NRL, if he did, he could only ever be in a manly jumper !

you will never ever top his 2008 nrl retirement, it can only go downhill if he comes back. Its perfect now, I wouldnt want to change it.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Anybody seen that bigpond video with fittler saying Menzies may return to the nrl ? I can't get the video to load at work and was wondering what is said in it. I am a bit mixed if he does come back, would be great to see him again but I loved the fairytale ending he had in 2008
what site is it on ?

Utility Player link said:
I read somewhere that he had signed with Harlequins.

If he does play for the Harlequins then he'll be playing alongside his old team mates Williamson and Dorn.

Rodo link said:
[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=184743.msg285984#msg285984 date=1282264961]

If he does play for the Harlequins then he'll be playing alongside his old team mates Williamson and Dorn.
[/quote]

Gee imagine how many tries beaver will score next year off Dorn's passes.  

It will be like cliffy and beaver's partnership all over again - not.  I bet he will wish he retired this year once he plays with Dorn again.  Is Jye playing for Quins as well?  Or "shimmy shimmy" go the blind Chaddy?

Copa Eagle link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184743.msg285978#msg285978 date=1282263644]
what site is it on ?
[/quote]

This should be it
http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/288111/nrl-news-20th-august/

I cant see the point hes simply getting too old. There comes a time where you have to call it a day. He was a great player great guy very loyal and manly owe him something maybe assistant coach etc but not playing.

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=Rodo link=topic=184743.msg285992#msg285992 date=1282267942]
[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=184743.msg285984#msg285984 date=1282264961]

[/quote]

Gee imagine how many tries beaver will score next year off Dorn's passes. 

It will be like cliffy and beaver's partnership all over again - not.  I bet he will wish he retired this year once he plays with Dorn again.  Is Jye playing for Quins as well?  Or "shimmy shimmy" go the blind Chaddy?
[/quote]

Jye plays in the AMNRL

screw all the practical, common sense posts.... BRING BACK BEAVER!!! I don't care if he plays 10 minutes every 2nd week, he's an asset and an icon. And Lockyer is getting close to the record.

Nut link said:
screw all the practical, common sense posts.... BRING BACK BEAVER!!! I don't care if he plays 10 minutes every 2nd week, he's an asset and an icon. And Lockyer is getting close to the record.

YES !!!!

Hey, Randall and Dorn have done really well for them. Dorn's a noted try-scorer and plays full back, and Randall plays hooker/halfback, is a top tackler, and was captain for the first few rounds of the season while their regular captain was injured. Williamson has retired, as he had major injury issues this year which forced it. I wouldn't mind Menzies back, but if he wants to stay in Europe, I don't blame him. Good on him doing what he wants to do.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6