Beau Ryan announces retirement, effective immediately

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Beau ryan has retired from NRL effective immediately due to an ongoing neck problem.

I assume he will have more of a role on the Footy show.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/beau-ryan-announces-retirement-effective-immediately-20140605-zrz9y.html

Good luck to him. From the clips I have seen (TFS doesn't start here in Adelaide for another 40 minutes) he handled what would have been an emotional time pretty well.

Debut in 2007
126 games (104 with the Tigers, 22 with Cronulla)
53 tries (46 & 7)
Represented Prime Minister's XIII in 2012

Ryan was never the best player out there, or the fastest. But to play 126 first grade games isn't a bad achievement.

bones said:
He is one of the reasons I do watch it.
Beau Ryan >>>>>>>>> Matty johns.

Enjoy then bones! :) You are right in that he is an improvement on the arse humour of Matty, but only just IMO.

Beau seems like a decent enough bloke. He pokes fun of fellow players which has put a few of them offside, which IMO says more about them then it does about him.

Not a great player but proved himself to be a better than average first grader. Wish him well.

Masked Eagle said:
Beau seems like a decent enough bloke. He pokes fun of fellow players which has put a few of them offside, which IMO says more about them then it does about him.

Not a great player but proved himself to be a better than average first grader. Wish him well.

when?

Snake said:
Masked Eagle said:

when?

Considering less than 10% of players get past the 100 game mark (apparently) I'd say that he's achieved better than average.

I say all the best to him, he hasn't done anything bad to us and I can't see anything wrong with giving ppl a few laughs. With all due respect he's got his priorities in order (his health) and good luck to him.

Good luck to him, no sense in risking his health with that recurring neck injury. His brand of humour suits Nein.

Agree that SBW sketches should be ramped up now - ie the constant fixing of the hair after a tackle :huh: :dodgy:

He is probably wise to not risk anything where a neck injury is concerned.

As for the Footy Show, I have a look from time to time and sometimes it's better than others...Same with Beau's attempts at humour.

When jokes or segments don't quite work it's a bit painful to see them squirm and pretend it's funny.

But harmless, and good luck to him in retirement.

There's probably not a lot of fun times ahead for the Sharks either.

I've liked his impersonation of all the burgess boys...

and beau knows american footy.

That about it so far.

Good luck in retirement!

If only he was effective on the footy field…
But seriously, there are way more NRL players to hate before Beau Ryan (most of them in Bulldogs jerseys). Best of luck to him.

He'll probably make more money from media then he will playing footy. I am assuming they will groom him to take over from Vautin on the Footy Show.

StuBoot said:
Snake said:
Masked Eagle said:

when?

Considering less than 10% of players get past the 100 game mark (apparently) I'd say that he's achieved better than average.

He played on the wing for the Tigers and then the Sharks. I reckon I could get a start with those clubs. He was slow, error prone, and no frills. I don't care if he makes the 300 club, he was an average first grade footballer. John Morris has 300 first grade games, but no one is going to tell me he is better than the average first grader.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7