Beaten by a better defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
Congrats Chooks no matter what we threw at you repelled us. We needed to run straighter close to the line, however just wasn't good enough on this occasion. Next time? Maybe. Did we miss Brett? Maybe however Hiku was my m.o.m. I feel we lost it when Richie went off I think Kite is tired whilst Rose once again showed with the little time given to him, he is what we need more of.
I'm still proud of my team, however disappointed in a few decisions we made.
I still think we are in this to our necks.
Go manly

Good point about Richie, I think he was a lot bigger loss than anyone has mentioned. His hard straight running is very valuable.

Full credit to the Roosters. They didn't panic. A few years ago and we win that by 4 or 5 tries. But the Roosters of 2013 stop our half chances and turn up in the trenches.

The difference like stated above our aggressive defence would have won us this game in the past, it would have also caused more coughed up ball also.

We are now starting to hit a brick wall more often and certain teams are able to absorb the aggressive defensive onslaught and better at repelling our attacking plays.

We need our attack to go up another level plain and simple to reward the effort of the forwards and the all round high intensity approach, you can't keep putting that amount of effort and not get frustrated when you can't score.

As well as Hiku played our attack suffered from not having Brett. I can't remember the last time we had 57% of possession and couldn't score a try.
Easts defence was remarkable.
Great contest decided on the bounce of the ball.
It should confirm Easts as the premiership favourites.

The Who said:
As well as Hiku played our attack suffered from not having Brett. I can't remember the last time we had 57% of possession and couldn't score a try.
Easts defence was remarkable.
Great contest decided on the bounce of the ball.
It should confirm Easts as the premiership favourites.

We can't cover Brett's pure hole running in attack. Unfortunately Taufua was rusty tonight, was hoping for big things from him...

Would have preferred some straighter running from the forwards.

Brett goes in and we win tonight. I think we would have beaten any other team tonight as is.

Very impressed with Hiku but we need the leadership and hole running.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7