1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bears keep the laughter coming

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    North Sydney have identified rising Parramatta five-eighth Daniel Mortimer as their marquee player as the club pushes for inclusion in the 2013 NRL premiership.

The Bears have asked Mortimer, off-contract at the end of this year, to sign a new two-year deal - ensuring he is available for the 2013 season.

Norths coach David Fairleigh confirmed his club's interest in one of rugby league's hottest young players.

"We want to build a team around Daniel - we'd like him to be our marquee player," Fairleigh said.

"We hope he signs a new two-year contract and that would allow us to have a shot at him after the 2012 season.

"We most definitely have an interest in Daniel. We want players here with the right character. He comes from a terrific family and is a level-headed kid."

Mortimer is tipped to remain at Parramatta until the end of 2012 despite interest from his father Peter's former club, Canterbury Bankstown.

"Ultimately it would be Daniel's decision but, as I said, we would be delighted if he only signed a two-year deal," Fairleigh said.

"It's important in your first few years for your club to be successful."

Mortimer's manager Steve Gillis said Mortimer had not yet decided his immediate or long-term future.

"It is flattering the Bears have made their intentions known," Gillis said. "They plan to be up and running by 2013 and have told me they want Daniel as their marquee signing.

"I'm sure we will take their thoughts into consideration as we move forward."

Parramatta may attempt to block out the Bears by signing Mortimer to a three-year contract.

Fairleigh said his club's bid for inclusion was gathering momentum daily. "Everything is going really well. We have made some more corporate signings," he said.

"We have a whole group of former Bears fans who want to get behind us and also have a core of Central Coast fans who will support us. They are the next generation.

"Both groups are happy to get behind us."

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought that orford was going to be their marquee signing?

3. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I really can't see the Bears or any other team getting in to the top competition if the current NRL clubs get control of Rugby League in Australia.

4. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Biggest wankers on the planet

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Just another bs story to try and keep their media profile from slipping into oblivion as it should. They have no intention of singing Mortimer, equally as Mortimer has no intention of playing for them.

6. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    And Chocs being signed by South Qld Crushers in 2016 and the Western Reds are signing Brett & Glenn Stewart in 2018...

7. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Daniel Mortimer has very nice blue eyes. I think he should play for Nicci's Cougars team.

8. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Better get training Ryan.

9. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    then we can all pick Ryan on the wing in YARTS

10. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Bears YART 2013:

1.  Matt Seers
    2.  Wendell Sailor
    3.  Manoa Thompson
    4.  Steve Mavin
    5.  Ryan Winter
    6.  Daniel Mortimer
    7.  Matt Orford
    8.  Mark O'Meley
    9.  Belinda Neill
    10. Dallas Rennie
    11.  Billy Moore
    12.  Willie Mason
    13.  Peter Garrett

14. Mitchell Sargeant
    15. Ben Kennedy
    16. Matthew Johns
    17. Adam McDougall

11. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Coached by David Fairleigh and Jason Taylor

12. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
      Kung Fu (and the) Panda.

13. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,749 / 258
    Ryan at Wing, I'd like to se that!!!

GO the BEARS.....NOT

14. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Belinda Neill at hooker! you have to be kidding sureley...............if she is not a starting front row forward I know nothing about League

15. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
      She'd have to be to sleep with Della Bosca.

16. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    You fools this is a complete smokescreen. 

Norths are not after Mortimer as they have signed Foran as their 5/8 who will be going back to his old club in 2013 along with his brother liam and Mitchell Pearce as hald back.

This is the real reason that Foran only signed a two year deal with an option for a further two year option only if Norths are not back in the competiton by then.

17. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Agree. If you've meet me at Brisbane and the Gold Coast (or at the Allstar game) I have mentioned that the bulk of my family lives on the Central Coast and family members that are still involved with Central Coast Rugby League have mentioned the growing involvement of the Bears around the area so they maybe not dead after all

18. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    I HAVE been in training lads. In fact, I'm off now. See y'all soon ! Heheheh

19. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Wing spot ?

20. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    No  Cutbo & Adam Luchetti will be on the wing