Bears keep the laughter coming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
North Sydney have identified rising Parramatta five-eighth Daniel Mortimer as their marquee player as the club pushes for inclusion in the 2013 NRL premiership.

The Bears have asked Mortimer, off-contract at the end of this year, to sign a new two-year deal - ensuring he is available for the 2013 season.

Norths coach David Fairleigh confirmed his club's interest in one of rugby league's hottest young players.

"We want to build a team around Daniel - we'd like him to be our marquee player," Fairleigh said.

"We hope he signs a new two-year contract and that would allow us to have a shot at him after the 2012 season.

"We most definitely have an interest in Daniel. We want players here with the right character. He comes from a terrific family and is a level-headed kid."

Mortimer is tipped to remain at Parramatta until the end of 2012 despite interest from his father Peter's former club, Canterbury Bankstown.

"Ultimately it would be Daniel's decision but, as I said, we would be delighted if he only signed a two-year deal," Fairleigh said.

"It's important in your first few years for your club to be successful."

Mortimer's manager Steve Gillis said Mortimer had not yet decided his immediate or long-term future.

"It is flattering the Bears have made their intentions known," Gillis said. "They plan to be up and running by 2013 and have told me they want Daniel as their marquee signing.

"I'm sure we will take their thoughts into consideration as we move forward."

Parramatta may attempt to block out the Bears by signing Mortimer to a three-year contract.

Fairleigh said his club's bid for inclusion was gathering momentum daily. "Everything is going really well. We have made some more corporate signings," he said.

"We have a whole group of former Bears fans who want to get behind us and also have a core of Central Coast fans who will support us. They are the next generation.

"Both groups are happy to get behind us."

I thought that orford was going to be their marquee signing?

I really can't see the Bears or any other team getting in to the top competition if the current NRL clubs get control of Rugby League in Australia.

Just another bs story to try and keep their media profile from slipping into oblivion as it should. They have no intention of singing Mortimer, equally as Mortimer has no intention of playing for them.

ManlyBacker link said:
North Sydney have identified rising Parramatta five-eighth Daniel Mortimer as their marquee player as the club pushes for inclusion in the 2013 NRL premiership.

The Bears have asked Mortimer, off-contract at the end of this year, to sign a new two-year deal - ensuring he is available for the 2013 season.

Norths coach David Fairleigh confirmed his club's interest in one of rugby league's hottest young players.

\"We want to build a team around Daniel - we'd like him to be our marquee player,\" Fairleigh said.

\"We hope he signs a new two-year contract and that would allow us to have a shot at him after the 2012 season.

\"We most definitely have an interest in Daniel. We want players here with the right character. He comes from a terrific family and is a level-headed kid.\"

Mortimer is tipped to remain at Parramatta until the end of 2012 despite interest from his father Peter's former club, Canterbury Bankstown.

\"Ultimately it would be Daniel's decision but, as I said, we would be delighted if he only signed a two-year deal,\" Fairleigh said.

\"It's important in your first few years for your club to be successful.\"

Mortimer's manager Steve Gillis said Mortimer had not yet decided his immediate or long-term future.

\"It is flattering the Bears have made their intentions known,\" Gillis said. \"They plan to be up and running by 2013 and have told me they want Daniel as their marquee signing.

\"I'm sure we will take their thoughts into consideration as we move forward.\"

Parramatta may attempt to block out the Bears by signing Mortimer to a three-year contract.

Fairleigh said his club's bid for inclusion was gathering momentum daily. \"Everything is going really well. We have made some more corporate signings,\" he said.

\"We have a whole group of former Bears fans who want to get behind us and also have a core of Central Coast fans who will support us. They are the next generation.

\"Both groups are happy to get behind us.\"

And Chocs being signed by South Qld Crushers in 2016 and the Western Reds are signing Brett & Glenn Stewart in 2018...

Daniel Mortimer has very nice blue eyes. I think he should play for Nicci's Cougars team.

Bears YART 2013:

1.  Matt Seers
2.  Wendell Sailor
3.  Manoa Thompson
4.  Steve Mavin
5.  Ryan Winter
6.  Daniel Mortimer
7.  Matt Orford
8.  Mark O'Meley
9.  Belinda Neill
10. Dallas Rennie
11.  Billy Moore
12.  Willie Mason
13.  Peter Garrett

14. Mitchell Sargeant
15. Ben Kennedy
16. Matthew Johns
17. Adam McDougall

Matabele link said:
Bears YART 2013:

1.  Matt Seers
2.  Wendell Sailor
3.  Manoa Thompson
4.  Steve Mavin
5.  Ryan Winter
6.  Daniel Mortimer
7.  Matt Orford
8.  Mark O'Meley
9.  Belinda Neill
10. Dallas Rennie
11.  Billy Moore
12.  Willie Mason
13.  Peter Garrett

14. Mitchell Sargeant
15. Ben Kennedy
16. Matthew Johns
17. Adam McDougall

Coached by David Fairleigh and Jason Taylor

Belinda Neill at hooker! you have to be kidding sureley...............if she is not a starting front row forward I know nothing about League

You fools this is a complete smokescreen. 

Norths are not after Mortimer as they have signed Foran as their 5/8 who will be going back to his old club in 2013 along with his brother liam and Mitchell Pearce as hald back.

This is the real reason that Foran only signed a two year deal with an option for a further two year option only if Norths are not back in the competiton by then.

kingyfan link said:
You fools this is a complete smokescreen. 

Norths are not after Mortimer as they have signed Foran as their 5/8 who will be going back to his old club in 2013 along with his brother liam and Mitchell Pearce as hald back.

This is the real reason that Foran only signed a two year deal with an option for a further two year option only if Norths are not back in the competiton by then.

Agree. If you've meet me at Brisbane and the Gold Coast (or at the Allstar game) I have mentioned that the bulk of my family lives on the Central Coast and family members that are still involved with Central Coast Rugby League have mentioned the growing involvement of the Bears around the area so they maybe not dead after all

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7