Baz on Fox discussing next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sounds like a few signings to come based on the quote:

"However, he hinted that Green wouldn’t be the only signing to come on board this off-season."

Last edited:
Sounds like it's definitely in the plans for Steve Matai to be around next year. Thank you, thank you, footy gods!
Doesn't mention much about Snake.
Jake a future leader and possibly a co-captaincy for next year.
Lynx hair gel on special at Coles.:p

Pretty obvious from this interview with him that:
-Jake will be skipper
-Green will be 5/8
-Stewart will be gone
-Matai will play on
(Matai playing on is good means we have a veteran and also 2 star centres and when he leaves we can buy Roberts or another good centre)

Hope baz recruits some more backs up and comers and throws heaps at Roberts we need some more backs in case we have another injury crisis so we don't have brown at centre.

Good Listen.

Stated that learnt a lot during his first rookie year. Will be a lot better for it next year. Have targeted players they need to get to be competitive.

Sounded like no plans for snake, but Matai and Walker in centers.

Said that 5/8 is a key position. DCE needs a steady organizing half and admitted if DCE is the only play maker it doesn't work.

Well u can add Shaun lane to that list along with Blake green and Cameron Cullen. Idris of all people is out of our price range so I can't see us bringing in too many more players or more importantly anyone of star quality. Shaun lane is a good signing don't get me wrong but will be a complete joke if he walks straight into our starting backrow as some have suggested here. He has been playing nsw cup for the past year that's where he should start and earn his spot

Matai playing on? Yes, he has been one of our great players who has endured much pain and suffering for the Sea Eagles, but do we really think that he will be able to perform at that high level again?
I'm undecided. On one hand he always gives 100%, but over the past two seasons - when not injured - he has lost some of his speed and is missing more tackles.
I hope he can return as good as ever. Mind you, he only needs to be at a fraction of his best to be better than Poo.

Matai playing on? Yes, he has been one of our great players who has endured much pain and suffering for the Sea Eagles, but do we really think that he will be able to perform at that high level again?
I'm undecided. On one hand he always gives 100%, but over the past two seasons - when not injured - he has lost some of his speed and is missing more tackles.
I hope he can return as good as ever. Mind you, he only needs to be at a fraction of his best to be better than Poo.

He has to be at his best, we have no one else. But even a half fit matai is better than a fully fit Williame!

Im hoping frankeinstein has a good off season and can develope into another center option.

The Snake situation is a strange one. Baz stated "we are certainly confident that they will both be back", he only mentioned Matai later as the Idris question came up and he said we are fine for centres.

This also makes me think the Roberts rumour is crap.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6