1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battle for the Spoon

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Alan, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Woolgoolga, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    Whilst it is true that the gummies are the only team that consider the wooden spoon as silverware, their recent form may have played them out of contention.

Of the other contenders, Sticky has the experience, and achieving the distinction of 3 in a row at 2 different clubs will be a powerful motivating factor.

Bennet is hopelessly outclassed and has no idea of what is required to lift the spoon.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    When Ricky was appointed coach of the Raiders I invested everything I had on a Canberra spoon.
    So I'm backing another spoon for Rick.
    At least he can say then that he has achieved something, by paying off my mortgage. :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    My pre season hopes the Eels aren't showing form here. I'd love to see sticky take the spoon

• Like Like x 1
  4. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Yeah I think Sticky and the Faders have one hand on the spoon now.

Certainly they or the Gummies (if they revert to their truer selves) are the two most likely.

It would be astonishing if the Noughts and Bennett played themselves into spoon contention...And I'd say if they did Bennett would definitely honour the last year of his deal there.

Surely he wouldn't move on, on such a low note?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 2
    Canberra or Sharks, Newcastle have the class to string some wins together, the other 2 don't.

6. ssar

ssar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 4
    Agree.
    Though I will be cheering mightily for that accolade to be awarded to the Knights come early September.

7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    I certainly hope Canberra wins the spoon as it may convince those that still believe Stuart can coach they had been misguided for many years.
    I admire the way Cronulla has fought back, despite almost everything going against them this season, and hope they continue to knock off the more fancied teams. On paper Cronulla have the players to make the top six. If the club survives financially after this season then it will be a big effort.

8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Broncos Salary Cap Audit is being reported as being more 'complex' than first thought.

So they may be the dark horse for the spoon ;P

• Like Like x 1
  9. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 113
    Trickey's coaching will collect a spoon 3 years in a row. Or is it more than that? Could have picked up one or two at Cronulla before the 2 at the eels?

10. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
    Ratings:
    +429 / 1
    I thought he was only at Parramatta for one season. He really deserves evey spoon he earns.