Barrett Sacked

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brown is average at best.
Use of the term 'star' just for dramatic effect to make it look like big bad Manly is robbing Penriff of a future immortal.

Christ I hope goes on to prove what tools the Penns are! How the hell would Bozo support the appointment of Barrett!
Barrett is Bozo's pick, his protege .
At least he has more experience than Brett Fulton, Bozo's request for one of 2v's assistant coaches for the rest of the year.:mad:

Use of the term 'star' just for dramatic effect to make it look like big bad Manly is robbing Penriff of a future immortal.

Yeah because the kiwis are an atrocious international team, they select slugs and horrible forwards and utilities. Brown should be called beige!

/sarcasm

Man meting over matai is the only questionable decision they have made.

Brown is better than most of our current back row. Symonds and ferris will hold their own against him, but Brown will run lines off DCE and mr x that will make you say "watmawho"?

Thats harsh mate. I think hes outstanding. Lets give him at least one game with us before we crucify him :)

Also, kudos to Barrett for landing us a 28 year old international from the best current rugby league team in the world in the Kiwis.

Id be filthy if it happened to US, but its FOR us so im happy hahahaha.

Barrett is Bozo's pick, his protege .
At least he has more experience than Brett Fulton, Bozo's request for one of 2v's assistant coaches for the rest of the year.:mad:

Oh dear, really...........?? Brett Fulton as an assistant...........??

And Barrett...........just unbelievable really....! Imagine what Tooves could do if he had the support of management and there was no white anting behind the scenes from a certain person(s). And not to mention the tough string of injuries Tooves has had to deal with etc, etc....!

Id be filthy if it happened to US, but its FOR us so im happy hahahaha.
As if it would ever happen to us!! No way would we ever let an assistant coach go to another team as head coach and then let them take a current NZ international from us. Never!!!!

unless this former assistant coach (who was the greatest coach ever) also took a current Kangaroo and SOO player from us as well...

Here's a thought, if Manly seem to be signing all these older players past their prime and who may not even play out their contracts due to injury, then maybe Manly have actually lured Barrett over to play 5/8 and he has convinced his best mate Lewis to come across!!!!
Alternatively, Barrett may be the new coach and Bozo and the Penns are trying to convince Toovey to play again, which more than likely he could for he would certainly put some of the current players, halves included, to shame when it comes to mental and physical toughness.

Brown is 28.......he's in his prime
Actually he will be turning 29 in October this year. I'm not saying he isn't good I would rather the club try and pick up some young up and comers with potential such as a Klemmer or a forward with the attributes of a Klemmer.

I agree but Klemmer is one of the hottest prospects in the game and will likely go for 600 - 800k at the end of next season

I agree but Klemmer is one of tge hottest prospects invthe game and wilk likely go for 600 - 800k at the end of next season
It wouldn't have to be Klemmer rather a future Klemmer type player or even a future Taupau or another Jake T would be great. That Manly could build a team to be another powerhouse in a few years and another 10 years there after.

100% and I was actually stating we should sign Klemmer 2 years ago when he had only had 2-3 sub appearances

But you have to get these guys before they play grade and its a gamble as we've seen with Chee Kam

In the interm you need proven players to keep you competitive

Recruitment like anything is all about balance

100% and I was actually stating we should sign Klemmer 2 years ago when he had only had 2-3 sub appearances

But you have to get these guys before they play grade and its a gamble as we've seen with Chee Kam

In the interm you need proven players to keep you competitive

Recruitment like anything is all about balance
I agree with you that balance is vital but we can't fill our forwards quota with older players only. there has to be a few mid 20s forwards who are on the cusp of their prime but still have some learning to do and can be looked up to by the younger ones yet to make grade or those coming on as substitutes who are wanting to prove themselves and are very competative. the older forwards will leave a lasting foundation but you don't want your entire forward pack retiring at the same time.
Manlys current issue, politics aside, is they have an aging roster and have already lost older forwards to retirement and salary cap constraints.

I just hope too much money wasn't wasted on him.
Also he is not a regular in the NZ team and didn't play for them this year. He wont add anything to our backrow that we don't already have. If he isn't an improvement why bother.

If we can rid Lussick of his brain explosions he might partner well with Jake T in the future.

Yeah because the kiwis are an atrocious international team, they select slugs and horrible forwards and utilities. Brown should be called beige!

/sarcasm

Man meting over matai is the only questionable decision they have made.

Brown is better than most of our current back row. Symonds and ferris will hold their own against him, but Brown will run lines off DCE and mr x that will make you say "watmawho"?

Yeah well I've just shown how many non Manly games I've watched in the last few years..........
I have him confused with Mitch Brown

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4