Barrett and Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Funny thing is most people here were all worked up at the start of the season believing the hype and the purchases,(top 8 for sure) and it is the same people calling for the coaches head......

So basically the same people who were brainwashed to believe Manly were going to be a top 8 side this year are now the ones we should listen to in relation to dropping the coaching staff----laughable.

Next year no matter who was coaching this year is what it is all about. If the consistency and improved attacking structures don't start to show good signs by mid season then get your knives out.

This year was always going to be a write off, stop dreammmmming people and calm the f&*k down.

Manly have the lowest staff count and huge staff turnover, average facilities, new coach who is learning the ropes and still average at the moment, ageing stars, low forward depth that is being replenished, not the wealthiest of clubs and we expect miracles that only i can deliver.

Every coach deserves at least two years and pay out the third if it is not working out. Sacking a coach after one year causes more damage at the club stability wise along with creating an image that we are not patient and not worth coaching when on the lookout for a new coach.

Ricky Stuart couldn't coach either remember, as many here seem to think
, mind you the quality of the top 8 is poor.

An in form Roosters,Souths and Parra all belong in the top 8, and the overall quality of the top 8 for many seasons now hasn't been all that great.

Take it this way Melb,Manly,Souths,Roosters all achieved higher quality attack and defense in the past 7 years than what has been on display the last few years.
Well said

Funny thing is most people here were all worked up at the start of the season believing the hype and the purchases,(top 8 for sure) and it is the same people calling for the coaches head......

So basically the same people who were brainwashed to believe Manly were going to be a top 8 side this year are now the ones we should listen to in relation to dropping the coaching staff----laughable.

Next year no matter who was coaching this year is what it is all about. If the consistency and improved attacking structures don't start to show good signs by mid season then get your knives out.

This year was always going to be a write off, stop dreammmmming people and calm the f&*k down.

Manly have the lowest staff count and huge staff turnover, average facilities, new coach who is learning the ropes and still average at the moment, ageing stars, low forward depth that is being replenished, not the wealthiest of clubs and we expect miracles that only i can deliver.

Every coach deserves at least two years and pay out the third if it is not working out. Sacking a coach after one year causes more damage at the club stability wise along with creating an image that we are not patient and not worth coaching when on the lookout for a new coach.

An in form Roosters,Souths and Parra all belong in the top 8, and the overall quality of the top 8 for many seasons now hasn't been all that great.

Take it this way Melb,Manly,Souths,Roosters all achieved higher quality attack and defense in the past 7 years than what has been on display the last few years.
Good post mate!

At the start of the year I believe we had a top 8 roster.
If everything went our way then we had potential to get to 4-5.
Unfortunately injuries took place and like last year our roster changes week to week.

What became evident pretty quickly is Barrett was out of his depth.

Picked an underdone hooker with a horrific offseason and started him, over a player who use to play 80 week in week out.

Starting Green in a new position and not giving him time to learn in NSW cup.

Brown.......

And later in the year he picked Wright on the bench.

Carrying Leary, Buher and Brown in he same team only to give Leary a couple of mins

His persistence with Walker at 5/8

Barrett is one fail after another.
Our roster is a top 8 Roster

I think you forgot Mr Plod.
I recall a post when he was recruited which showed he'd not made one line break in several seasons.
We shouldn't have been surprised that he was so poor this season, and next year he'll be one year older and even worse.
We must cut our losses and pay some mug team to take him off our hands. And better still, let's throw in Poo. We should be prepared to pay his salary just to have him playing against us.

At the start of the year I believe we had a top 8 roster.
If everything went our way then we had potential to get to 4-5.
Unfortunately injuries took place and like last year our roster changes week to week.

What became evident pretty quickly is Barrett was out of his depth.

Picked an underdone hooker with a horrific offseason and started him, over a player who use to play 80 week in week out.

Starting Green in a new position and not giving him time to learn in NSW cup.

Brown.......

And later in the year he picked Wright on the bench.

Carrying Leary, Buher and Brown in he same team only to give Leary a couple of mins

His persistence with Walker at 5/8

Barrett is one fail after another.
Our roster is a top 8 Roster
The problem with the Walker experiment is a tough one. If he hooks him too early he gets criticized for not giving him the time to find his feet, gives him time, he gets criticized for making a bad decision and not recognising it early enough.
Personally, if we are looking at team selection issues, I think this is one area that Barrett got right. I think I will have to leave the other areas for a different time and place.

we bought a boat load of new players for 2016,
we bought a new coach system etc...
2016 we ended up on 13 @ 20 points
2015 we were at 26 points on 9th
Thanks Toovey, you will always be a legend.

TB and whoever got you the job are all a fkn disgrace.
no matter which players you buy, u will never create a brotherly bond and war mentality that the sea eagles had,

Nuff Said

I agree with TC, Barretts is only into his first season as head coach and its kinda rough to judge him on 1 season (yet alone his first ever season as head coach)

The walker experiment obviously didnt work but it was always going to be a gamble and he needed to give him time there to adjust to position change.
There were also players that i think under achieved too but i cant really fault the coach for some of their selections because reality is we had a rough year with injuries.

In my mind i am judging Trents first year as coach not from results but from effort of the team, one of the massive positives this year was the teams effort, no matter how bad things were at certain stages in the year they always seemed like they were having a go and i believe good coaching is a big part of that and i believe the team will be better for that next year.

Maybe at times the tactics were or were not quite right but you cant put that down to just the head coach. Theres so many other variables to consider.
The club has done a massive clean out now, there are definitely positions in our team that need to be strengthened and hopefully now that we have cleared the decks a little we can recruit or blood some quality players to fill that void.

You guys just cant expect it to happen overnight it just doesnt work like that. So long as there is improvement next year then we are on the right track. Maybe some quality recruitment will go a long way too.

The problem with the Walker experiment is a tough one. If he hooks him too early he gets criticized for not giving him the time to find his feet, gives him time, he gets criticized for making a bad decision and not recognising it early enough.
Personally, if we are looking at team selection issues, I think this is one area that Barrett got right. I think I will have to leave the other areas for a different time and place.
The problem with you trying to justify and excuse Barrett for fart arsing around with Walker at 5/8 is a tough one because The Walker 5/8 experiment failed at South Sydney the year before and a good coach would have seen that .
My assessment on Barrett is he a calm pleasant chap but he has shown me nothing that he is a smart coach .

I know there have been comparisons between him and Hasler in the first year but 13th? Seriously! 13th with Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Jamie Buhrer, Matt Parcell, Dylan Walker and Darcy Lussick playing the majority of the season isn't good enough. Injuries and the Draw have been tough but we have enough good players to make at least the top 8 surely? And tonight he just made me even more frustrated with a couple of stupid coaching decisions, Brown to centre? He is reserve grader why is he playing centre ahead of some of our recognised NSW cup backs? And Bainbridge playing 13 minutes? He's on debut and the game was lost by halftime why did he only play 13? Leary why the hell did he play and NRL this year? He cannot and should not ever play NRL again. This all falls back onto Barrett who needs to be moved on quick smart so we can have a real NRL coach at the club. Cleary is an obvious candidate and even Hasler who is currently struggling would do better than this joke. I've defended Barrett for a long time but I'm sick and tired of turning on the tv to watch a loss. And bozo, how the hell have you let go a young future rep player in Liam Knight yet you will sign players who have been to jail? At the moment our recruitment is the worse in the NRL. Get some real players to manly or you'll lose our most recognised young talents in Jake and Tom!

The fact of the matter is that while we have a good nucleus of 6/7 players, the standard drops pretty quickly when compared to the top teams. To use cricketing parlance, we don't bat very deep and we have a long tail. Just have a look at our lower grades.

Barrett's appointment was an error from the get go. His record was below par, so giving him our head coaching role, was a poor decision at best. If they were so determined in signing a Panthers lower grade coach, then surely Garth Brennan would have been a more calculated choice, given he won lower grade titles as a coach.

I agree with most of the things TC but how can you compare Barrett with Ricky Stuart . What has Barrett done this year to show us that he is a quality coach ?
Also for all those that excuse Barrett for being a Rookie coach . WTF are we doing with a Rookie when we are rebuilding . We should have looked for an experienced proven coach for the job

I agree with TC, Barretts is only into his first season as head coach and its kinda rough to judge him on 1 season (yet alone his first ever season as head coach)

The walker experiment obviously didnt work but it was always going to be a gamble and he needed to give him time there to adjust to position change.
There were also players that i think under achieved too but i cant really fault the coach for some of their selections because reality is we had a rough year with injuries.

In my mind i am judging Trents first year as coach not from results but from effort of the team, one of the massive positives this year was the teams effort, no matter how bad things were at certain stages in the year they always seemed like they were having a go and i believe good coaching is a big part of that and i believe the team will be better for that next year.

Maybe at times the tactics were or were not quite right but you cant put that down to just the head coach. Theres so many other variables to consider.
The club has done a massive clean out now, there are definitely positions in our team that need to be strengthened and hopefully now that we have cleared the decks a little we can recruit or blood some quality players to fill that void.

You guys just cant expect it to happen overnight it just doesnt work like that. So long as there is improvement next year then we are on the right track. Maybe some quality recruitment will go a long way too.
I just can't excuse the letting go of our juniors. Gutho/Hiku/Knight.. I just don't get it. However, the real player movements are about to start. If we can pick up a handy 2nd rower and centre/winger, we may be looking decent for '17.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2