Barrett and Bozo are accountable to us!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
"We will finish were we deserve to finish". It has been his one line, rolled out over and over again. With what we see after 9 rounds I cant say this team deserves to finish far off the bottom.

I don't like what I am seeing with this footy side this year, we just look like we are going backwards.

Forget the results and look at how we are playing.

Defence and attack out wide - backwards.

Up the middle yeah - slightly tighter, we are attacking the middle more.

Short and long kicking game - backwards.

Forget who is in or out putting in that kick, who is in or out, have we seen any structures as a team setting up for kicks? No we still pass to a bloke, cross our fingers he does a good job and hope.

Around the ruck - backwards.

Penalties, penalties, penalties . Now Bozo has always loved to walk a fine line with the refs. But now our players seem unable or unwilling to adapt. Sure they may go out with instructions to hold down as long as they can. But when the benchmark is set, what are we now coaching players not to think. We have been a dumb footy team in 2016.

Work ethic - backwards.
Lazy. I don't know how much these guys train. Last week at Newcastle it looked like not at all. So far Baz has stated he has allowed these players to only train once on the short 5 day turn around, but then he has given them 3 days off on the long 9 day turn around.

So Wait 5 days is too short to train, but 9 days is too long so the coach turns those periods into 6 days. So 5 isn't enough to train but 6 is perfect?????

This side looks like it did nothing in the off season. I'm not sure days off and not training is what they need.

Look if players need resting, rest em, pick reserves and do our best, but to have no body early in the season training seems a bloody waste.

Bozo pissed off Hiku for Walker. Walkers may be quick but seriously Barrett is no magician and not even the Magic of someone with a name like Zorba's is helping this Walker defend.

We sack an under 20's coach who changed the culture and took the same boys from last to 2nd in the space if 2 years.

Yet we kept Willow and his track record of spoons, abd upsetting players who seem to prefer to go AWOL then to play under him.

Now a new development NYC is in all sorts and a new coach by round 9. So now we have two gumby wooden spoon coaches to argue over our reserves.

I am not seeing a happy ending here. It may be 9 games in, but if there is such a thing as KPI's at a footy club, team the Penns and our football club look like they have landed us in one big almighty ****.

I have my doubts that we will make the 8 on the way we have performed so far.A bunch off school kids could do better.I can not remember who it was,but someone on this forum mentioned that when all this crap at Manly was going down that it would do more damage than we would think and I am beginning to think he is right.We have to play well to make the eight and so far I can't see that happening.We have to change over night.

FMD you guys are hard markers!!

We go through what is almost a total rebuild.

Our year ( to date ) is injury ridden.

We cop arguably the worst ( even mentioned by the commentators) draw of the entire 16 sides.

We have 3 aging superstars, no one wants them to go but everyone does so we can plunder another sides best options in that position.

Not one game ( not even last night ) have we been totally schooled, almost every round sides are being walloped 38-0 or more, we've hung in there most games and came bloody close in a couple.

Whilst being in the " I'm pissed off they sacked 2V" camp, I'm also mindful that to put a complete new coaching structure together and get that to a well oiled machine is going to take time ( yes more than 9 rounds).

SO

For ****s sake everyone lighten up, given all of the above 4/9 ain't too bad ( so easily could have been 5/9 or even 6/9).

Yeah well said Mark. I didn't expect much this year. To be honest we're about where I thought and will probably finish around 10-12th. What I would've like to see was Barrett lay into the NRL last night over the draw. We just looked too tired and injured last night. We need some seige mentality and that was the opportunity to provide it.

The good thing is no one is accountable. Baz can blame Bozo & Bozo can blame Baz.. Who knows who is really doing the coaching...

I think we are a top 4 side if you take away the poor draw, 5 day turnarounds, the injuries and if chez is in top form. It will take time and I think after about round 16 we will find our best footy. Bottom of the 8 this year IMO. The team will be a genuine force next year though with a good fair draw, a proper 5/8 we will be a force

One thing I didn't agree with is Baz & Bozo being accountable to us.

Sadly we are not " part owners" of the company as members , membership is either a seat or a level of financial support NOT a vote NOR a say in what goes on.

They are only accountable to Rick and Scott Penn........FULL STOP!!

We are not playing Manly-style football. We are not boring Illawarra. We are a club that has always had sparkling backs and scored plenty of exciting tries. Now we rely on a lucky kick.
You don't necessarily win matches through completion rates. But you do win matches by scoring more points than your opposition.
I'm sure I remember posts at the start of the year claiming we had the best backline in the comp. How wrong was that. Apart from Tom Turbo our backs are either too old or not good enough.
We took a punt on a rookie coach. Gee I wish we had have punted on the Walker Brothers, who try to do things differently.

Is it the Penn-Fulton diarchy? Like the McIntyre-Furner setup at Canberra, that worked so well for them.

In all seriousness though, it makes more sense to mark the team's performance come Round 26. Then the NRL-Poxtel-Nein f-clover will be a distant memory, at least until next year.

Last edited:
We are not playing Manly-style football. We are not boring Illawarra. We are a club that has always had sparkling backs and scored plenty of exciting tries. Now we rely on a lucky kick.
You don't necessarily win matches through completion rates. But you do win matches by scoring more points than your opposition.
I'm sure I remember posts at the start of the year claiming we had the best backline in the comp. How wrong was that. Apart from Tom Turbo our backs are either too old or not good enough.
We took a punt on a rookie coach. Gee I wish we had have punted on the Walker Brothers, who try to do things differently.

Our backs are performing well, walker turbo Matai chez Tafua have all been pretty good and solid its that fact we are playing wounded. And I think we are playing manly like footy which is tough footy. And our tries have all been good this year not lucky. We do have the best backline in the comp it doesn't work if you have forwards going no where. Baz has done well your are just a sook bud, suck it up and be positive coz the coach is going no where and has done all he can. We will have one of the best exciting sides for years to come it's just going to take time and sacking baz is just making that big goal of a premiership take longer

Our backs are performing well, walker turbo Matai chez Tafua have all been pretty good and solid its that fact we are playing wounded. And I think we are playing manly like footy which is tough footy. And our tries have all been good this year not lucky. We do have the best backline in the comp it doesn't work if you have forwards going no where. Baz has done well your are just a sook bud, suck it up and be positive coz the coach is going no where and has done all he can. We will have one of the best exciting sides for years to come it's just going to take time and sacking baz is just making that big goal of a premiership take longer
Wow.
You are either delusional or related to Barrett.
There are very few people more passionate than me about Manly, the team I've followed for 55 years and watch from the Hill every home match, but I'm a realist.

Is it the Penn-Fulton diarchy? Like the McIntyre-Furner setup at Canberra, that worked so well for them.

In all seriousness though, it makes more sense to mark the team's performance come Round 26. Then the NRL-Foxtel-Nein f-clover will be a distant memory, at least until next year.
It's just people venting Terry, having been fed a diet of success for ten years it's hard to stand by and bite your tongue, I know things will get better, I'm not sure we'll see it this year though.

"We will finish were we deserve to finish". It has been his one line, rolled out over and over again. With what we see after 9 rounds I cant say this team deserves to finish far off the bottom.

I don't like what I am seeing with this footy side this year, we just look like we are going backwards.

Forget the results and look at how we are playing.

Defence and attack out wide - backwards.

Up the middle yeah - slightly tighter, we are attacking the middle more.

Short and long kicking game - backwards.

Forget who is in or out putting in that kick, who is in or out, have we seen any structures as a team setting up for kicks? No we still pass to a bloke, cross our fingers he does a good job and hope.

Around the ruck - backwards.

Penalties, penalties, penalties . Now Bozo has always loved to walk a fine line with the refs. But now our players seem unable or unwilling to adapt. Sure they may go out with instructions to hold down as long as they can. But when the benchmark is set, what are we now coaching players not to think. We have been a dumb footy team in 2016.

Work ethic - backwards.
Lazy. I don't know how much these guys train. Last week at Newcastle it looked like not at all. So far Baz has stated he has allowed these players to only train once on the short 5 day turn around, but then he has given them 3 days off on the long 9 day turn around.

So Wait 5 days is too short to train, but 9 days is too long so the coach turns those periods into 6 days. So 5 isn't enough to train but 6 is perfect?????

This side looks like it did nothing in the off season. I'm not sure days off and not training is what they need.

Look if players need resting, rest em, pick reserves and do our best, but to have no body early in the season training seems a bloody waste.

Bozo pissed off Hiku for Walker. Walkers may be quick but seriously Barrett is no magician and not even the Magic of someone with a name like Zorba's is helping this Walker defend.

We sack an under 20's coach who changed the culture and took the same boys from last to 2nd in the space if 2 years.

Yet we kept Willow and his track record of spoons, abd upsetting players who seem to prefer to go AWOL then to play under him.

Now a new development NYC is in all sorts and a new coach by round 9. So now we have two gumby wooden spoon coaches to argue over our reserves.

I am not seeing a happy ending here. It may be 9 games in, but if there is such a thing as KPI's at a footy club, team the Penns and our football club look like they have landed us in one big almighty ****.
Have to disagree with that post. We are heading in a better direction than last year. Wait til the end of the season to write it off already. Try supporting the team for once instead of bagging everything about them.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6