Barrett’s bombshell for Manly fans!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are you guys delusional?? Have you seen the crap we are dishing up as a team this season. We are 1 game away from our worst ever losing streak, THE WORST EVER IN THE CLUBS HISTORY!!!!. The private owners of our great club made the stupid decision to hand over the future of our club during one of the most important transitional periods in our history to a rookie coach with ZERO first grade NRL experience, and a howler of a coaching record in the lower grades. As a result we are staring down the barrel of 8 losses in a row.

These same private owners systematically dismantled a backroom team that was the envy of a lot of clubs and signed the discard trainers and ex coaches from one of the most under performing franchises in the NRL the Titans. They made these stupid decision's so they can bloody well put up with the backlash that comes with the fact that blind freddy could see that it was stupid.

Second to that they (Zorba) orchestrated the greatest white anting job on a ultimate club legend with a barrage of leaks into the media and said that it was a results driven business, all whilst Toovey was struggling with a similar injury toll, however now those same issues are used as excuses for this seasons failings ad nauseam. I am not stupid enough to think that Toovey was our future, however why would you publicly humiliate and sack him to bring in an inexperienced ex player that had no success at any level playing or coaching to oversee this difficult transition, Toovey could have finished his contract after 2016 and we could have went into the market for a coach with a proven track record, the same way the Bulldogs did when they stole Hasler.

You guys speak like the winning is around the corner and we will all have egg on our faces. That makes me laugh. When did the GF winning start for Barrett during his career? When did the Titans finally click into gear and win? I will tell you when. When Barrett left St George they won and when Cartwright & Ferris left Titans they improved out of sight.

This isn't about our players, we have a great roster and like Trent says they put in the effort every week, even Snake I am annoyed that his career is ending under this disgraceful display of coaching. This is about a shockingly poor coach and backroom staff that are so out of their depth it is comical.

Only for the Knights we would be heading for the saddest day in our great clubs history and you guys are upset and calling us sh it fans because we are questioning the management and coaching that has lead us to this??

You guys might be happy watching Barrett fumble his way through his career using our great club as a learning experience but i'm not cheering him on while he destroys it.
Zorba and Penn have handed a machine gun to a chimp and we are supposed to support them on making such a stupid decision? I don't think so.
Please could someone try and have this comment published in the Manly Daily. Nothing else needs to be said.

I probably should have held back, but I am sick of people saying that we are sh it fans because we are angry about the way the club has been managed in the last 12-18 months.
You should not have held back. What you wrote was factual and direct. We as fans, get treated by the club with contempt. While I have and will always love the Sea Eagles, Joe Kelly's refusal to answer some fair questions that I posed to him, has seen me cancel my membership. I attempted to simply ask him why Geoff Toovey was removed? and further, why one of our fellow supporters, who has directed sponsorship to the club, was told by a Kelly employee to take his business card down off this site? Slime ball zorba peters referred to us as insignificant in his supposed column in the Manly Daily, because we spoke out against the changes, which we did not see as necessary. As members and supporters who not only barrack for, but support our club financially, we are not entitled to an opinion or a say?

Now there have been occasions that I have wrongly shot my mouth off on this forum, particularly against a guy like Dan, who was at the forefront of starting this site. For that, I am sorry. In your case however, what you have written represents what a whole lot of us who love and fire up when it comes to our team, are thinking on a daily basis. Well done again.

Are you guys delusional?? Have you seen the crap we are dishing up as a team this season. We are 1 game away from our worst ever losing streak, THE WORST EVER IN THE CLUBS HISTORY!!!!. The private owners of our great club made the stupid decision to hand over the future of our club during one of the most important transitional periods in our history to a rookie coach with ZERO first grade NRL experience, and a howler of a coaching record in the lower grades. As a result we are staring down the barrel of 8 losses in a row.

These same private owners systematically dismantled a backroom team that was the envy of a lot of clubs and signed the discard trainers and ex coaches from one of the most under performing franchises in the NRL the Titans. They made these stupid decision's so they can bloody well put up with the backlash that comes with the fact that blind freddy could see that it was stupid.

Second to that they (Zorba) orchestrated the greatest white anting job on a ultimate club legend with a barrage of leaks into the media and said that it was a results driven business, all whilst Toovey was struggling with a similar injury toll, however now those same issues are used as excuses for this seasons failings ad nauseam. I am not stupid enough to think that Toovey was our future, however why would you publicly humiliate and sack him to bring in an inexperienced ex player that had no success at any level playing or coaching to oversee this difficult transition, Toovey could have finished his contract after 2016 and we could have went into the market for a coach with a proven track record, the same way the Bulldogs did when they stole Hasler.

You guys speak like the winning is around the corner and we will all have egg on our faces. That makes me laugh. When did the GF winning start for Barrett during his career? When did the Titans finally click into gear and win? I will tell you when. When Barrett left St George they won and when Cartwright & Ferris left Titans they improved out of sight.

This isn't about our players, we have a great roster and like Trent says they put in the effort every week, even Snake I am annoyed that his career is ending under this disgraceful display of coaching. This is about a shockingly poor coach and backroom staff that are so out of their depth it is comical.

Only for the Knights we would be heading for the saddest day in our great clubs history and you guys are upset and calling us sh it fans because we are questioning the management and coaching that has lead us to this??

You guys might be happy watching Barrett fumble his way through his career using our great club as a learning experience but i'm not cheering him on while he destroys it.
Zorba and Penn have handed a machine gun to a chimp and we are supposed to support them on making such a stupid decision? I don't think so.

Post of the year. Well Said.

You have summed it up to a tee. Probably the best post I've read regarding the subject at hand.

FYI, any one waiting around Brookvale for the undisclosed training session, they're presently at Narrabeen training. I just happen to be here picking my son up from camp...the Brooky session seems like a bum steer!

Thanks for the feedback on my post guys. Personally I wish we were never in a situation wher i had to write it. Means a lot coming posters i have a lot of respect for. Cheers! God I hope Barrett has an epiphany and he finds something this weekend against the Dragons and makes me look like a ranting idiot.

Whats so appalling about that article?? Invites fans to come down and watch a session. That's great, if i lived near the oval i would be there supporting the team instead of continually bagging out Barret. Just more keyboard no all's who think they could do better than an nrl coach yet who have probably never played the game ever in their lives. Pathetic supporters who have nothing better to do than to rip into the team and the coach every chance they get.
You almost got the full suite of ratings with that post - well played!

Why have sympathy for TB, everyone has been very aware of the rubbish going on at Manly over the last few years, it has been under the media microscope for all to see(including TB). He was either completely stupid or completely delusional taking on the gig. I have been offered highly paid jobs in the past and after doing some research have wisely declined. Most people like a challenge but you have to believe you have some chance of achieving something positive. Wayne & Belamy would have knocked back the Manly gig even if they had been promised the world
In some ways it was a smart move to learn the ropes at Manly even in it's transitional stages.

1)Not at the top of the game and on the way down so some leeway and time to turn the ship around is afforded.

2)Senior players at the back end of contracts so no pressure to re-sign under-performers in the hope they may turn their game around. Fans will understand these players need to be moved on so it becomes a more orderly, predictable easily managed widely accepted release of players, not fans demanding players must be retained due to "having some earned right" to remain.

3)A supporter base that is more rounded and educated tends to be more forgiving and less reactive aggressive when performances are bad compared to highly strung fans of other clubs with a larger supporter base.

Obviously fan site forums such as Silvertails show up all the keyboard coaches (TC and the like) and the more pathetic types but in general i think the Manly supporter base is less passionate and aggressive in the way they support the team.

So in some ways it is a good gig to accept---boost the power,skill, footwork of the pack progressively, already have a half decent halfback or 5/8 in DCE, options and flexibility for FB and centre already on the table, i see many upsides in why a Coach would pick Manly.

The TB comment of fans coming to the ground to watch a training session "to see that we prepare right" is way off though. Preparation and research is mostly done before the training paddock and behind the scenes, so watching a training session of players running around going through drills is not going to prove the preparation is 100% effective.

This year was always going to be a tough year, we need to just see the positives, see the slow blossoming of new players coming through and appreciate riding the new wave.

Half way through next year if the performances are not heading upwards and forward with more structure and consistency then i can understand fans getting a little more "passionate" and "demanding"------ chopping and changing now or not giving a new Coach time is reactive and more damaging long term.

In some ways it was a smart move to learn the ropes at Manly even in it's transitional stages.

1)Not at the top of the game and on the way down so some leeway and time to turn the ship around is afforded.

2)Senior players at the back end of contracts so no pressure to re-sign under-performers in the hope they may turn their game around. Fans will understand these players need to be moved on so it becomes a more orderly, predictable easily managed widely accepted release of players, not fans demanding players must be retained due to "having some earned right" to remain.

3)A supporter base that is more rounded and educated tends to be more forgiving and less reactive aggressive when performances are bad compared to highly strung fans of other clubs with a larger supporter base.

Obviously fan site forums such as Silvertails show up all the keyboard coaches (TC and the like) and the more pathetic types but in general i think the Manly supporter base is less passionate and aggressive in the way they support the team.

So in some ways it is a good gig to accept---boost the power,skill, footwork of the pack progressively, already have a half decent halfback or 5/8 in DCE, options and flexibility for FB and centre already on the table, i see many upsides in why a Coach would pick Manly.

The TB comment of fans coming to the ground to watch a training session "to see that we prepare right" is way off though. Preparation and research is mostly done before the training paddock and behind the scenes, so watching a training session of players running around going through drills is not going to prove the preparation is 100% effective.

This year was always going to be a tough year, we need to just see the positives, see the slow blossoming of new players coming through and appreciate riding the new wave.

Half way through next year if the performances are not heading upwards and forward with more structure and consistency then i can understand fans getting a little more "passionate" and "demanding"------ chopping and changing now or not giving a new Coach time is reactive and more damaging long term.
Always great to see your contributions TC. I'm interested in your thoughts about our goal line defense, in particular close to the sticks.

Great post TC! Just so we know where we stand were you calling my comments "Pathetic" or comments of others that hammer some of our greats when they have a form slump?

Last edited:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r/news-story/597485defccbae0142f4bc301329e232

State of Origin 2016: Bob Fulton to quit as NSW selection adviser
597485defccbae0142f4bc301329e232

PHIL ROTHFIELD SPORTS EDITOR-AT-LARGE, The Sunday Telegraph
July 2, 2016 11:00pm

597485defccbae0142f4bc301329e232

Rugby league Immortal Bob Fulton will quit his role as the NSW Blues State of Origin selection adviser.

He will inform coach Laurie Daley of his decision on Sunday during their traditional pre-game phone hook-up to discuss the Blues side for the final game of the series at ANZ Stadium on July 13.

Fulton has been a NSW selector and adviser under the last three Origin coaches — Craig Bellamy, Ricky Stuart and Daley.

His decision to stand down is related to increased responsibilities at the Manly Sea Eagles where he is about to be promoted from a part-time consultant to Head of Football. He is undecided on whether to continue as a selector for Mal Meninga’s Kangaroos in the important build-up to next year’s World Cup.

NSW has now lost 10 of the last 11 Origin series and there has been controversy in recent times over team selections and the Blues’ reluctance to introduce new players.

In fairness to Daley, he has ‘retired’ Anthony Watmough, Luke Lewis, Ryan Hoffman and Beau Scott.

He also lost the services of former Parramatta Eels superstar Jarryd Hayne.

While copping criticism for the Maroons’ decade-long dominance and particularly last year’s 52-6 loss at Suncorp Stadium, Fulton has always given the coaches the team they wanted.

Although we can reveal the Manly Sea Eagles legend had to work hard to convince Daley on a number of selections, including front-rower Andrew Fifita in this year’s series.

Recently NSW Rugby League chief executive Dave Trodden had to publicly support Fulton over suggestions he had guaranteed Dylan Walker a NSW Blues jersey as part of his contract at Manly.

“Bozo’s role is an adviser to Laurie,” Trodden said at the time, “He’s not a selector. Laurie is the sole selector. Comments that Dylan was guaranteed a jersey when he signed at Manly are disrespectful to both Bozo and Laurie and Dylan Walker for the matter.”

Fulton’s decision to stand down adds enormous interest to the side to be announced on Monday for the final game of the series.

It is expected they will finally choose Penrith’s boom utility star Bryce Cartwright and the Wests Tigers’ fullback James Tedesco.

There have been question marks over the selections of the likes of Greg Bird, Robbie Farah and Paul Gallen considering it is a dead rubber and an opportunity to give more youngsters a taste.

Although Daley and Fulton have copped plenty of criticism, the standard of the opposition in recent years has to be taken into account with the Maroons fielding a side including Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Billy Slater, Greg Inglis and Justin Hodges — arguably the best rugby league team ever assembled.

Last edited:
Always great to see your contributions TC. I'm interested in your thoughts about our goal line defense, in particular close to the sticks.
Haven't watched many games this year or analyzed in any great detail but the defense that is more important to get right is the 20m-20m zone before worrying about online defense. Reducing the roll on other teams are achieving, line established,moving forward and not in a constant state of bracing for impact, making clear early defensive decisions that are not overly delayed that have a platform based on structure and reading the attacking patterns/passages of other teams.

On line defense is technically not that hard to get right when it is a stop and reset set of six. When a team is moving forward into the red zone off a go forward set with the defense getting killed for numbers because the inside is so heavily compressed or our shoulders are turned inwards not trusting our inside hip against more powerful running teams, is much harder to defend.

Against teams like the Dragons where we are evenly matched in the power stakes the team will show it's potential---we have to become evenly matched power wise with more teams to allow the potential to flourish more.

Taufua,Wiliame and DCE were exposed way too easily early in the Dragons game with a simple second man go forward spread, the same will happen to both edges against more powerful teams who play straight.

The improvement in our go forward sets off the back of and return of players such as Taufua, Tom.T, Lussick, Taupau,AFB and even Buhrer has helped with recent performances against flat or evenly matched opponents.

If Manly can continue to have a more reliable consistent go forward that is more power based and not overly reliant on favourable conditions the attack will continue to shine from second phase play along with more time and space to execute structured plays that isolate the edges.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2