• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
And adding another one to the too hard to believe basket, Bulldogs fans seem to think that Barba is heading to Brookie next year as a replacement for Snake.

Seems absolutely ridiculous that it could be happening, but as I'm usually a glass half full type of person, I would say if it was true it would mean that DCE is likely to stay! ;)

Just to clarify, its not something I think we should try and do if Snake does go. If it was my choice I'd be backing either Hiku or Gutherson next year as my first & second choices.

Masked Eagle said:
Just to clarify, its not something I think we should try and do if Snake does go. If it was my choice I'd be backing either Hiku or Gutherson next year as my first & second choices.

Yeah, sorry I didn't mean for that to sound like a criticism of you personally. I think Trbojevic is the heir apparent at fullback, with Gutherson and Hiku in the centres. I have to say, having seen Hiku defend against James Roberts against the Titans, he is hardly a walk up start in the position. I know he hadn't trained there, but it was more his first up contact was awful. He also lacks good speed...I just don't know about Peta to be honest.

Snake said:
Masked Eagle said:

Yeah, sorry I didn't mean for that to sound like a criticism of you personally. I think Trbojevic is the heir apparent at fullback, with Gutherson and Hiku in the centres. I have to say, having seen Hiku defend against James Roberts against the Titans, he is hardly a walk up start in the position. I know he hadn't trained there, but it was more his first up contact was awful. He also lacks good speed...I just don't know about Peta to be honest.

No worries. I agree to that Trbojevic will be a gun, but I think he's a few years away. As for Hiku, he probably does need some extra training and a bit more time to become a top line centre. I do like him at fullback mainly because he was good under the highball and he does return the ball quite well.

Agree about Hiku, but I don't think he could read a game. That's one of Snakes strong points. Gutho for mine

HIKU obviously lacks genuine speed and no first up explosive acceleration. So, building a team with him in it for the future you would have to think carefully about where to groom him. I would be very reluctant to put him in fullback as Snake's replacement given the above. Centre would be a smarter choice, IMO, but needs a lot of work on his defense to be truly good there. Otherwise, he remains a useful back-up for injuries across the back line.

If this very unlikely scenario were true I would most likely think that Barba would be used to replace Foz.
I don't see Brett leaving for some reason. Brett is not been paid unders at Manly.
Also as we know DCE and Barba are great mates!
Wonder where all these BS rumours come from

mozgrame said:
If we had to replace Foran, I would do it with Littlejohn. Not Barba.

If we ever have to replace Foran, we should also replace the decision makers at the club.

We know Gutherson and Blair are ready for first grade and Barba wouldn't come at a bargain price...look at our forwards for today's game. Beefing up the engine room and keeping Foran is where we have to direct any spare cash.

Andrew.. said:
We know Gutherson and Blair are ready for first grade and Barba wouldn't come at a bargain price...look at our forwards for today's game. Beefing up the engine room and keeping Foran is where we have to direct any spare cash.

Barba won't be coming here we don't need him and he has his family settled in Queensland

Mitch said:
Napper said:
Taufua needs to move to the centres when Matai or killer go. He's valuable but a liability under the high ball. I think he'd kill it at centre.

Not a bad idea at all, could be that destructive type of centre similar to Hurrell.

Only problem with that is that Horhay can't pass. I'd hate to be the winger playing outside him.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6