1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barba

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Masked Eagle, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    And adding another one to the too hard to believe basket, Bulldogs fans seem to think that Barba is heading to Brookie next year as a replacement for Snake.

Seems absolutely ridiculous that it could be happening, but as I'm usually a glass half full type of person, I would say if it was true it would mean that DCE is likely to stay! ;)

2. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Build around DCE, both ferris and barba , why would he want to leave

3. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    No no no no no

• Like Like x 3
  4. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,535 / 135
    Great; replace the best fullback in the game, with one of the worst. Now that's something to look forward too. Barba is an absolute pea heart, and not a team player.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Just to clarify, its not something I think we should try and do if Snake does go. If it was my choice I'd be backing either Hiku or Gutherson next year as my first & second choices.

6. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,535 / 135
    Yeah, sorry I didn't mean for that to sound like a criticism of you personally. I think Trbojevic is the heir apparent at fullback, with Gutherson and Hiku in the centres. I have to say, having seen Hiku defend against James Roberts against the Titans, he is hardly a walk up start in the position. I know he hadn't trained there, but it was more his first up contact was awful. He also lacks good speed...I just don't know about Peta to be honest.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    No worries. I agree to that Trbojevic will be a gun, but I think he's a few years away. As for Hiku, he probably does need some extra training and a bit more time to become a top line centre. I do like him at fullback mainly because he was good under the highball and he does return the ball quite well.

8. eagle40

eagle40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Agree about Hiku, but I don't think he could read a game. That's one of Snakes strong points. Gutho for mine

9. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Barba could be replacing Foran........ or it could just be bull**** ;)

10. HK_Eagle

HK_Eagle Well-Known Member

Hong Kong
    Ratings:
    +898 / 20
    HIKU obviously lacks genuine speed and no first up explosive acceleration. So, building a team with him in it for the future you would have to think carefully about where to groom him. I would be very reluctant to put him in fullback as Snake's replacement given the above. Centre would be a smarter choice, IMO, but needs a lot of work on his defense to be truly good there. Otherwise, he remains a useful back-up for injuries across the back line.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Is there an EBC on the beaches

• Like Like x 2
  12. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Taufua needs to move to the centres when Matai or killer go. He's valuable but a liability under the high ball. I think he'd kill it at centre.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    If this very unlikely scenario were true I would most likely think that Barba would be used to replace Foz.
    I don't see Brett leaving for some reason. Brett is not been paid unders at Manly.
    Also as we know DCE and Barba are great mates!
    Wonder where all these BS rumours come from

14. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,608 / 46
    If we had to replace Foran, I would do it with Littlejohn. Not Barba.

15. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    If we ever have to replace Foran, we should also replace the decision makers at the club.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,608 / 46
    We are bloody lucky to still have Foran after the way Liam was treated. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 27
    We know Gutherson and Blair are ready for first grade and Barba wouldn't come at a bargain price...look at our forwards for today's game. Beefing up the engine room and keeping Foran is where we have to direct any spare cash.

18. Harry

Harry Active Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Barba won't be coming here we don't need him and he has his family settled in Queensland

19. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Only problem with that is that Horhay can't pass. I'd hate to be the winger playing outside him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Barba, no thanks.

• Like Like x 1