Barba the truth comes out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From sportal.com.au

Greenberg could be the victim in Barba affair
The publication of a photo showing Ben Barba's ex-girlfriend Ainslie Currie sporting a cut lip and bruised chin could have massive ramifications for the NRL's head of football, Todd Greenberg. When he was Canterbury CEO, Greenberg always denied domestic violence was the reason the Dogs stood Barba down at the start of the season. That's despite that photo doing the rounds complete with text messages from Currie detailing her injuries. Currie has always maintained Barba was not responsible for the injuries and Canterbury seemed happy to go along with her version of events. We have no evidence to suggest she's not telling the truth. But if the NRL integrity unit, which is now investigating the case, finds evidence of a cover up, where does that leave Greenberg? "He'd have to be stood down from his job at the NRL – no question about it," one influential league figure told us. They couldn't retain him." Greenberg, a good operator and a decent bloke, wouldn't be the first CEO brought down by an errant footballer.

"He'd have to be stood down from his job at the NRL – no question about it," one influential league figure told us. They couldn't retain him."

Cam is that your quote.....?

lsz said:
"He'd have to be stood down from his job at the NRL – no question about it," one influential league figure told us. They couldn't retain him."

Lol no all sportal.

The thing is forget football for minute this takes us back to the dark days Pre 1980s when so much of this stuff happened behind closed doors in families and society turned a blind eye to.

CAMBO said:
From sportal.com.au

The publication of a photo showing Ben Barba's ex-girlfriend Ainslie Currie sporting a cut lip and bruised chin could have massive ramifications for the NRL's head of football, Todd Greenberg. When he was Canterbury CEO, Greenberg always denied domestic violence was the reason the Dogs stood Barba down at the start of the season. That's despite that photo doing the rounds complete with text messages from Currie detailing her injuries. Currie has always maintained Barba was not responsible for the injuries and Canterbury seemed happy to go along with her version of events. We have no evidence to suggest she's not telling the truth. But if the NRL integrity unit, which is now investigating the case, finds evidence of a cover up, where does that leave Greenberg? "He'd have to be stood down from his job at the NRL – no question about it," one influential league figure told us. They couldn't retain him." Greenberg, a good operator and a decent bloke, wouldn't be the first CEO brought down by an errant footballer.

sorry but this is the guy that has gone out of his way to damage our club
he poaches our coach - not that I overly care but the timing and the way it was done were pretty underhand
he pounces on Toovey for his press conference which and immediately organised a fine
he concocted some wild stories again using barba as a victim when he in fact was the perpetrator when the bulldogs played at Brookie. any other player would have been hauled over the coals for abusing fans but he turned it into a circus implying that fans had spat at him which was totally unproven but the damage had already been done
greedburg is a lying cheating scumbag of the highest order and if karma doesn't catch up with him in this instance then it will do in the very near future, that will not be a day too soon

It must be the 12 year old scotch typing...but I just cant work out a situation where this woman is dependant on barba's cash.

Feel free to post a "hypothetical" for poor old stupid ge.

edit: unless it's his partner, currie or whomever she is. But that's crazy reporting!!!!!

hic

edit edit: Oh it is gunna be the ex.

carry on.

edit edit edit: absolutely nothing will stick to teflon todd over this.

Carpet and broom purchased?

good...begin sweeping.

CAMBO said:
lsz said:

Lol no all sportal.

The thing is forget football for minute this takes us back to the dark days Pre 1980s when so much of this stuff happened behind closed doors in families and society turned a blind eye to.

Arko once joked that his job as manly secretary got 50% easier once Freddy jones retired! Not that I'm implying anything more here than Freddy being a well known good natured larrikin of course.

MissKate said:
CAMBO said:
From sportal.com.au

sorry but this is the guy that has gone out of his way to damage our club
he poaches our coach - not that I overly care but the timing and the way it was done were pretty underhand
he pounces on Toovey for his press conference which and immediately organised a fine
he concocted some wild stories again using barba as a victim when he in fact was the perpetrator when the bulldogs played at Brookie. any other player would have been hauled over the coals for abusing fans but he turned it into a circus implying that fans had spat at him which was totally unproven but the damage had already been done
greedburg is a lying cheating scumbag of the highest order and if karma doesn't catch up with him in this instance then it will do in the very near future, that will not be a day too soon

C'mon Miss Kate don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

Ben Barba denials have placed Bulldogs and Todd Greenberg in firing line
Date
September 2, 2013 - 6:12PM

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ben-barba-denials-have-placed-bulldogs-and-todd-greenberg-in-firing-line-20130902-2t0fw.html#ixzz2dioq1Wtg

Todd Greenberg's handling of the Ben Barba situation at the start of the season was considered by many to be the making of the Canterbury chief executive who has since risen to the post of NRL head of football.
But it may be looked back on as the moment that caused the downfall of one of the game's leading administrators and derailed the Bulldogs premiership campaign.
Just days before allegations that Barba had assaulted a woman resurfaced with the publication of a photo of her bloodied face in a Sunday newspaper, the 2012 Dally M medal winner admitted he had a fractured relationship with many of his teammates.
"I didn't expect them to all be happy when I first game back," Barba said in an extended interview with Fox Sports last Thursday after Canterbury agreed to release him to the Broncos next season.
Advertisement
"But there are some of the boys in the team that I am really close with that make you totally forget about the ones who I guess do have a problem with me."
Barba said no player had "confronted" him to say they had a problem with the star fullback but he admitted it "could be the case" that they didn't want to talk to him at all.
Asked if there was a specific incident that had changed his relationship with other Bulldogs players, Barba said: "I just think that what happened at the start of the season just really affected the way they went about me."
Since the decision by Greenberg and Bulldogs coach Des Hasler to stand by Barba while he attended a rehabilitation clinic for the first three weeks of the season there have been constant rumours of other Canterbury players not wanting to play with Barba.
Yet despite leading players at other clubs and Bulldogs insiders insisting the disunity at Canterbury was far more than just idle gossip, Greenberg and others at the club repeatedly denied it.
In fact, Greenberg refuted a series of rumours in a question and answer interview with Fairfax Media on April 20, including speculation that there was "disunity within the playing group" over Barba, with Frank Pritchard and Sam Kasiano said to have had fallen out with him.
However, many have observed since the start of the season that there has been "something not right" with last year's grand finalists and Barba's body language on the field has suggested he was not at ease with his teammates.
While they are fifth, the Bulldogs have never looked likely to threaten the top four teams - South Sydney, Sydney Roosters, Manly and Melbourne - and Barba has not been the match winner he was last season when he won the NRL player of the year award.
To be fair to Greenberg, Hasler and others involved in the decision on how to deal with Barba - including his partner Ainslie Currie, who has publicly maintained that she was never the victim of a domestic assault - they may have believed his welfare was a far more important issue.
Given what Fairfax Media has been told about Barba's mental state, Greenberg and Hasler may have deserved the praise they initially earned for putting the health of a player, who last week credited him with saving his life as well as his career, ahead of winning football games.
But in the process, they denied so many rumours - both on and off the record - that now appear to have at least some substance, while it had always seemed too easy for reporters to discover details of his alcohol and gambling problems.
By doing so and never fully explaining the reasons Barba was suspended from playing, the Bulldogs have created some other big problems for themselves and for Greenberg in his new role at the NRL.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ben-barba-denials-have-placed-bulldogs-and-todd-greenberg-in-firing-line-20130902-2t0fw.html#ixzz2dioiBydT

Paul K*nt has been saying for weeks now, that there is more to the Barba story and that the truth will come out eventually.

I hope he is right.

Also interesting to read that the Broncos will honour the Barba contract. What if he's found to be guilty?
Again it shows you that the rhetoric from certain clubs about being interested in the overall welfare of players is total crap. You reckon the Broncos would honour Barba's contract if he lost a leg in a car accident?

Still think the most interesting thing is how the photos "surface"? Who did they come from? And most importantly, why now?

bones said:
lsz said:
The bigger question here is...

If a player is accused of something and is not charged does the NRL act?

Take out the hatred of the dogs

If a manly player was accused but never charged should the nrl know or act?

Or...If a woman tells a club CEO she was assaulted by a player, should that CEO tell the NRL? The fact she may have changed her story since in irrelevant.

You're dead right bones.

As a teacher, if a student discloses an incidence of abuse to me, I am LEGALLY BOUND under the Child Protection Act to report this to my principal. If the child prefaces his or her comments with a request to "not tell anyone", I am obligated to inform them that I can't make that promise but to rest assured they will always receive my full support.

It seems that these standards do not exist when the alleged vicitim is an adult. The Scumdogs are 100% culpable for what has happened. Barba should never have received their support but Greenturd was more concerned with their chances on the field than retaining some sort of moral fibre.

I can't stand the Dogs, I'll admit. But the player's club is irrelevant. The photo is pretty damning.

simon64 said:
bones said:
lsz said:
The bigger question here is...

If a player is accused of something and is not charged does the NRL act?

Take out the hatred of the dogs

If a manly player was accused but never charged should the nrl know or act?

Or...If a woman tells a club CEO she was assaulted by a player, should that CEO tell the NRL? The fact she may have changed her story since in irrelevant.

You're dead right bones.

As a teacher, if a student discloses an incidence of abuse to me, I am LEGALLY BOUND under the Child Protection Act to report this to my principal. If the child prefaces his or her comments with a request to "not tell anyone", I am obligated to inform them that I can't make that promise but to rest assured they will always receive my full support.

It seems that these standards do not exist when the alleged vicitim is an adult. The Scumdogs are 100% culpable for what has happened. Barba should never have received their support but Greenturd was more concerned with their chances on the field than retaining some sort of moral fibre.

I can't stand the Dogs, I'll admit. But the player's club is irrelevant. The photo is pretty damning.

Greenburg wanted to punt Barber earlier in the year but Hasler didn't . Greenburg undermined the team's Grand Final preparation last year by carrying on in the lead up week like they'd already won. Greenburg wasn't impressed that Hasler locked the media out after losing the Grand Final. It's no surprise that Todd "we're in the business of entertainment" Greenburg went onto "greener pastures".

It's obvious that someone gave the go-ahead to publish the photo and story to maximise damage to Barba's reputation as payback for a perceived lack of respect for the Bulldogs as a club and to turn the blowtorch up on Greenburg's "under the carpet" job.

THESE are some of the text messages Ainslie Currie sent to a friend after fronting the Bulldogs and alleging her former partner Ben Barba punched her in the face.

As the NRL continues its investigation into claims the star fullback was the subject of a domestic violence complaint, The Daily Telegraph can reveal a partial transcript of the explosive text messages Ms Currie sent to a friend detailing the injuries she is alleged to have sustained following an altercation with Barba on February 24.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Play
Barba: Bulldogs saved my career and my life
News
August 28, 2013 1:15

Ms Currie sent a friend a series of text messages describing her injuries before reluctantly sending a picture that showed the lower section of her face covered in blood.

"Nothings funny, you should see my face," Ms Currie wrote.

"It is not good ey (sic). Because it is ugly."

The friend urged Ms Currie to provide more details.

"I just have a busted lip," Ms Currie continued.

"I have to go away for a few days maybe weeks".

Ms Currie was asked by the concerned friend to send a picture so they could see the extent of the alleged injuries to face of Barba’s former partner.

“Ok do u (sic) want blood or the aftermath?" Ms Currie wrote.

"Blerh (sic)."

Ms Currie then set the photograph that was exclusively published in The Sunday Telegraph when the revelations of the assault allegations were revealed.

The picture is now in the hands of the NRL Integrity Unit, which is investigating the alleged assault as well as the possibility the incident was covered up by the club.

“I have the bigggggest bruised jaw ever," Ms Currie said after the friend asked when “he" did this.

“This morning. I can’t even remember how it all came about. I was lying dwn (sic) goin (sic) back to sleep."

The friend asked where "he" was, with Ms Currie stating “he" was at Belmore.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal further details of the alleged incident that saw Barba sent to rehabilitation after being stood down by the club.

Ms Currie told Bulldogs officials Barba confronted her in her Caringbah apartment on the morning of February 24 and asked her whether or not she was having a relationship with another man.

Ms Currie was estranged from Barba at the time and the footballer was in a relationship with another woman.

Barba is understood to have had an issue with the man he suspected had become close with his former partner.

Ms Currie is alleged to have fled over a balcony from the ground floor apartment she formerly shared with Barba before calling the footballer’s manager, Gavin Orr.

Mr Orr took Ms Currie to Belmore where the assault claims were made to Bulldogs coach Des Hasler and former CEO Todd Greenberg.

Both Greenberg and Hasler directed Ms Currie to go to police.

Ms Currie has resumed a relationship with Barba. Contrary to reports, Ms Currie is not living in Brisbane, but plans to move to Queensland with Barba when he begins his new contract with the Broncos.

Barba has admitted to having gambling and alcohol problems, which the Bulldogs have tried to address. The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Bulldogs pay a percentage of Barba’s wage directly into Ms Currie’s account.

The Bulldogs are co-operating fully with the NRL’s investigation. It has been incorrectly reported the club leaked the information to The Sunday Telegraph after Barba decided to seek a release from the final two years of his contract. The Sunday Telegraph broke the story after a six-week investigation, which began after the newspaper learned of the existence of the photo.

The Broncos have indicated they will honour the deal and support Barba.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/ainslie-curries-texts-to-a-friend-detail-injuries-after-allegedly-being-punched-by-ben-barba/story-e6frf3ou-1226709184934#ixzz2dk1SbYSi

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8