Barba the truth comes out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
true...

on a personal issue the realistic fact is that if serious punishment would of be taken against him , her financial support would of dropped a significant amount.

if money didnt matter to her at the time , she would of pressed charges..

unfortunately " money talks "

Now towards the club , i believe they have shot themselves in the foot but will probably blow over . firstly cover up the pin up boy hoping for a winning season , but now he leaves and they want to bury him...

the club has surfaced this information for a purpose , my issue is if this scumdog club wants to show integrity where was it 6 months ago ...

there was no charges laid , because police were avoided at the time

very poor act ( dog by name dog by nature )...If NRL has any principle they should investigate the scumdog club before Barba...

MissKate said:
Peter C said:
The problem here is, is that nobody has come forward to press charges against him, it is obvious the victim in this , if she is who I think it is ,still relies on a lot of financial support from him, and him being suspended would have compounded the situation.

Although I sympathise with that sentiment, would that not almost mean, if you are the breadwinner/financial supporter you can get away with doing the wrong thing and that a victim just has to put up with abuse for financial reasons. That would just be wrong. The dogs should have done the right thing, not cover up wrong doings

true...

on a personal issue the realistic fact is that if serious punishment would of be taken against him , her financial support would of dropped a significant amount.

if money didnt matter to her at the time , she would of pressed charges..

unfortunately " money talks "

Now towards the club , i believe they have shot themselves in the foot but will probably blow over . firstly cover up the pin up boy hoping for a winning season , but now he leaves and they want to bury him...

the club has surfaced this information for a purpose , my issue is if this scumdog club wants to show integrity where was it 6 months ago ...

there was no charges laid , because police were avoided at the time

very poor act ( dog by name dog by nature )...If NRL has any principle they should investigate the scumdog club before Barba...

The Sunday Telegraph has obtained a picture the woman took of her injuries after the alleged punch, as well as text-messages she sent a friend detailing the alleged injuries.
"Just have a busted lip,'' the woman wrote.
"I have to go away for a few days, maybe weeks. I have the biggest bruised jaw ever. It's yuk."

makes you wonder who paid for the trip away.

Curly questions for Ben Barba’s bosses
Date
September 2, 2013
Steve Mascord

Questions prompted by the emergence of a photo of a woman who claimed to have been punched by Ben Barba: How was this not a cover-up, given that the highest-profile NRL player at the time was suspended by his club and we weren't told why?

If this allegation was related to domestic violence, was the alleged victim protecting her own income by not reporting it to police?

If Barba's mental state was the reason for keeping it quiet, and if he did not complete his counselling, why was he been allowed to return to the field?

How can the NRL employ, in a senior position, an official who allegedly presided over such a cover-up?

Should the claim have been reported to the police by the Bulldogs?

Next time a player is stood down for ''personal issues'', should we just assume that they are lying when they say there was no underlying incident?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/curly-questions-for-ben-barbas-bosses-20130901-2sz0c.html

Brissie Kid said:
Curly questions for Ben Barba’s bosses
Date
September 2, 2013
Steve Mascord

Questions prompted by the emergence of a photo of a woman who claimed to have been punched by Ben Barba: How was this not a cover-up, given that the highest-profile NRL player at the time was suspended by his club and we weren't told why?

If this allegation was related to domestic violence, was the alleged victim protecting her own income by not reporting it to police?

If Barba's mental state was the reason for keeping it quiet, and if he did not complete his counselling, why was he been allowed to return to the field?

How can the NRL employ, in a senior position, an official who allegedly presided over such a cover-up?

Should the claim have been reported to the police by the Bulldogs?

Next time a player is stood down for ''personal issues'', should we just assume that they are lying when they say there was no underlying incident?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/curly-questions-for-ben-barbas-bosses-20130901-2sz0c.html

Steve Mascord, now my number 1 sports writer since Richard Hinds sold his soul to NewsLimited

Matabele said:
Surely the Bulldogs should cop it for bringing the game into disrepute? They cover this up for 6 months then dredge it up when Barba walks out on them? The Broncos should sue them for passing on damaged goods.
Well now it is referred to the newly formed NRL Integrity Unit. They should do a lot of digging, in particular into what information the Bulldogs held.

And not just because we don't like the Bulldogs, but because clubs covering up for star players is a recurring blight on the reputation of the game. We'll soon see if they are fair dinkum, or just the NRL Whitewash Unit under a new name.

Didn't Robert lui get a 12 month ban for domestic violence?

Surely toddy is in big **** over this.
The bull dogs officials are basically admitting the punch happened but because she didn't press charges the NRL and public didnt need to know about it.
They should have given the nrl all the info they had and let them decide what to do.

Toddy clearly took advantage of the fact important people at the NRL think he's wonderful and we were to "trust him" and take his word for it that nothing untoward had happened and Ben just n
eeded help. How can he not be punished?

Is this "the incident" that tossfield hinted about recently stating a cover up of the highest order had gone on by a high placed nrl official and that his head would roll over it ?????????????

Well NRL step up !!!!!!!!

I can understand why the partner wanted all of this kept out of the news, even though she was the victim she may have felt embarrassed about it as well, I guess she didn't want the world to know the problems in their relationship.
What is unforgivable though is that Greenberg knew about it and basically just gave him a four week suspension for something that he knew warranted a year's suspension under the NRL code of conduct.
I could live with the fact that the partner wanted it kept private, that was her decision, they could have said Barba has personal issues and will take twelve months off, but to say he was having counseling and to be brought back after three or four weeks when the Dogs were on a losing streak is, and pretend that his therapy is complete is unforgivable by Greenberg and Hasler, as it is clear they were only thinking about the club's interests, and for this Greenberg should be sanctioned by the NRL

This all stinks of a cover up at the begining and if he never left the Dogs nothing would have been found out......

The bigger question here is...

If a player is accused of something and is not charged does the NRL act?

Take out the hatred of the dogs

If a manly player was accused but never charged should the nrl know or act?

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
lsz said:

I think the bigger issue is the club should have atleast notified the NRL back in feb when it happened.

lsz said:

Or...If a woman tells a club CEO she was assaulted by a player, should that CEO tell the NRL? The fact she may have changed her story since in irrelevant.

I love how at the time of the original incident and even in this latest press release the Dogs are spinning this as a very "complicated/complex issue"

I'll simplify it for them

(D*ckhead + Alcohol) x EBC = Incident

Take one of those factors out of the equation and problem solved.

lsz said:

If it wasnt covered up in the begining when every man and his dog knew about it, we would know what happened.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6