Bani or Williams?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
I prefer Bani. I think hes the best winger at the club. Williams is great.. but who do you leave out? Robertson is probably the one to miss out...but theres sentiment there with Robbo.

Its a tough call. Bani was amazing today watching the replay. Great pace at times.

Kaza, you can be the quickest off the mark, but the slowest between the ears.  Bani was slow to turn and react to Manus's first try.  The last was a cockup too.  Williams for mine.  While Snake is out, put Bani as fullback and Robbo on the wing.

DSM5 link said:
Kaza, you can be the quickest off the mark, but the slowest between the ears.  Bani was slow to turn and react to Manus's first try.  The last was a cockup too.  Williams for mine.  While Snake is out, put Bani as fullback and Robbo on the wing.

I think that is the result of defensive patter rather than anything else, as well as a little bit of inexperience.

After a few more games he wont make those mistakes. I would take Bani over Williams though

Zorba mentioned this morning that Tony Williams should be back next week.
Manu's try was no split second decision from Price. That was a set play after video analysis of our two wingers.

even though wangman isn't amazing at fullback.. i think it's important to have an experienced, cool-headed player like wangman at fullback so he's in a position to shout orders/encouragement etc.

I don't know much about Tony Williams's play. I didn't watch Parra a lot last year. He seems big and fast. I guess he'll have to play a few games for us and then we can make comparisons.
Can't wait to see the Wolfman back though.

Robertson isn't a flash winger, but he is a great finisher and I'd still have him and Williams as the wingers if they're both fit. Bani will be a fantastic winger but still needs some more experience. The good thing is if Williams does  sign with another team we've got an instant replacement.

DSM5 link said:

Yeah thats your opinion. Doesnt mean im slow between the ears. I thought he showed great pace 'at times'. Meaning in attack. His defensive play and positional skills need homing.. and even under the high ball.. but hes very exciting to watch with a bit of space. He and Lyon combined beautifully at times.

Kaza, I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned slow between the ears.  It was Bani.  Inviting Manu in to score was terrible.  Our outside backs have defensive problems which Robbo would fix.  Bani to fullback where his speed would count.   

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
Williams any time, any day.
Bani is suspect in defense big time.

Williams is just as suspect in defense. He had Bell, arguably one of the best defensive centers in the game inside him last year

DSM5 link said:
Kaza, I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned slow between the ears.  It was Bani.  Inviting Manu in to score was terrible.  Our outside backs have defensive problems which Robbo would fix.  Bani to fullback where his speed would count.   

Ah fair call. My apologies. Yeah i know hes got work to do but when you think about the amount of games hes played.. its very little.. he can improve. I think he has all the attributes to be our best winger with a bit of work and more experience.

Dan link said:
[quote author=DailyTerrorgraphHater link=topic=179785.msg214845#msg214845 date=1237764780]
Williams any time, any day.
Bani is suspect in defense big time.

Williams is just as suspect in defense. He had Bell, arguably one of the best defensive centers in the game inside him last year
[/quote]

true (about Williams), but Bani is a speed bump in defense, and Williams is a better attacking option for the high ball.

I will admit however that Bani's speed is impressive, but they set him up on the weekend and he fell for it massively.

Williams over bani

He has Bani's equal in attack as a winger but has better defence as well as his kick returns are second to none.

I just cant see him letting the beast have 10m to work with just 10m from the line.

Perhaps there is room for both Bani and Williams??  I wouldn't mind seeing Williams at centre, Lyon to 5/8 and Bailey to the bench? 

Maybe you could say we would be weakening one position to strengthen another however Lyon did eventually find his feet at 5/8 last season.

Pepi link said:
Bailey is not a 5/8th. He reminds me of a bigger Travis Burns - use him at lock or on the bench.

but we said the same about Lyon. Lets give him a few more games and see how he goes. Though my opinion is he is a ball runner not a ball player

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8