1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bani or Williams?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by KaZa, Mar 22, 2009.

1. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    I prefer Bani. I think hes the best winger at the club. Williams is great.. but who do you leave out? Robertson is probably the one to miss out...but theres sentiment there with Robbo.

Its a tough call. Bani was amazing today watching the replay. Great pace at times.

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Kaza, you can be the quickest off the mark, but the slowest between the ears.  Bani was slow to turn and react to Manus's first try.  The last was a cockup too.  Williams for mine.  While Snake is out, put Bani as fullback and Robbo on the wing.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I think that is the result of defensive patter rather than anything else, as well as a little bit of inexperience.

After a few more games he wont make those mistakes. I would take Bani over Williams though

4. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    Zorba mentioned this morning that Tony Williams should be back next week.
    Manu's try was no split second decision from Price. That was a set play after video analysis of our two wingers.

5. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    even though wangman isn't amazing at fullback.. i think it's important to have an experienced, cool-headed player like wangman at fullback so he's in a position to shout orders/encouragement etc.

6. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    I don't know much about Tony Williams's play. I didn't watch Parra a lot last year. He seems big and fast. I guess he'll have to play a few games for us and then we can make comparisons.
    Can't wait to see the Wolfman back though.

7. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    T Williams is not the answer

8. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Robertson isn't a flash winger, but he is a great finisher and I'd still have him and Williams as the wingers if they're both fit. Bani will be a fantastic winger but still needs some more experience. The good thing is if Williams does  sign with another team we've got an instant replacement.

9. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I would like to see wolfman, Bani Rubble and snake. Tony Williams might be moved to the forwards.

10. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Yeah thats your opinion. Doesnt mean im slow between the ears. I thought he showed great pace 'at times'. Meaning in attack. His defensive play and positional skills need homing.. and even under the high ball.. but hes very exciting to watch with a bit of space. He and Lyon combined beautifully at times.

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Do you blame the last domino that falls?

12. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Kaza, I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned slow between the ears.  It was Bani.  Inviting Manu in to score was terrible.  Our outside backs have defensive problems which Robbo would fix.  Bani to fullback where his speed would count.   

13. DailyTerrorgraphHater

DailyTerrorgraphHater Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Williams any time, any day.
    Bani is suspect in defense big time.

14. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Williams is just as suspect in defense. He had Bell, arguably one of the best defensive centers in the game inside him last year

15. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Ah fair call. My apologies. Yeah i know hes got work to do but when you think about the amount of games hes played.. its very little.. he can improve. I think he has all the attributes to be our best winger with a bit of work and more experience.

16. DailyTerrorgraphHater

DailyTerrorgraphHater Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Williams is just as suspect in defense. He had Bell, arguably one of the best defensive centers in the game inside him last year
    [/quote]

true (about Williams), but Bani is a speed bump in defense, and Williams is a better attacking option for the high ball.

I will admit however that Bani's speed is impressive, but they set him up on the weekend and he fell for it massively.

17. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Williams over bani

He has Bani's equal in attack as a winger but has better defence as well as his kick returns are second to none.

I just cant see him letting the beast have 10m to work with just 10m from the line.

18. ants

ants Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Perhaps there is room for both Bani and Williams??  I wouldn't mind seeing Williams at centre, Lyon to 5/8 and Bailey to the bench? 

Maybe you could say we would be weakening one position to strengthen another however Lyon did eventually find his feet at 5/8 last season.

19. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    Bailey is not a 5/8th. He reminds me of a bigger Travis Burns - use him at lock or on the bench.

20. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    but we said the same about Lyon. Lets give him a few more games and see how he goes. Though my opinion is he is a ball runner not a ball player