Ballins attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Nobody has been on him more over the complete lack of attack in his game than me over the last few years, well tonight he has served me up. Made a great break up the middle but more than that he took a few more well timed darts that really helped the side out

Hoping it just isn't a 1 off because more of that will make us a more dangerous side over the course of the year

I watched some of the 2008 season highlights earlier on today and he looked so much sharper back then and tonight was really close to those levels

He must have read last week's stats thread....and then hacked the forum in disgust.

Great game from him.

Ballin misses Brett lurking around the middle of the ruck, he doesn't have that support he used to up te middle, great running game tonight, but that could also coincide with the fact that he didn't have many options rather side of the ruck to utilise !

iPhones are the worse for typing, so many errors !!

One swallow doesn't make a summer. One dummy half break in 11 rounds of football ?? He needs to keep working on that part of his game, creating doubt at dummy half keeps your markers pinned that extra half a second. I like the guy but wish he just had that extra bit of spark.

Useful kicking game tonight also. He is a tackling machine, he misses so few. When you watch the other 9's closely look how few times they pass to the exact spot the halves want to catch the ball. Balin is so consistent with his passes.

Hope we see more attack. Back in 08 I wasn't upset Monaghan left, because I saw Ballin play a few games in 07 and was super super impressed.

I guess we can't have it both ways, if he's making 60 tackles, hard to then be like Isaac Luke.

He needs to keep doing what he did tonight, it helps keeping the opposition on the back foot.

Chip and Chase said:
One swallow doesn't make a summer. One dummy half break in 11 rounds of football ?? He needs to keep working on that part of his game, creating doubt at dummy half keeps your markers pinned that extra half a second. I like the guy but wish he just had that extra bit of spark.

2 breaks actually

He had a little scoot out of DH last week too that made some good yardage.

Good to see him going himself, and when he does, he usually makes some metres. As others have said, would like to see him do it a little more often.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2